Hacking 2.1.0 still beneficial over 3.0.0?

Hasslehogg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys

I have been lucky enough to find a 3.0.0 switch, but now a friend is selling his 2.1.0 switch. Is there any benefit to be on 2.1.0 over 3.0.0 (earlier released homebrew for example) or is that only for 1.0.0 and there isnt any benefit since trustzone can be accessed up to 3.x?

thanks guys

appreciate it

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The devs always say lower is better
But if you want to play some more games, you should just update since trust one has been achieved on 3.x anyway

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
At this point there's no public info saying 2.x would be better, but there's always the possibility of some private exploit.

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It's general knowledge that lower is better. Lower firmwares can always be updates to 3.0.0 with Pokken, but you cannot downgrade.

Any firmware up to 3.x has TrustZone access so it "should'nt" matter, but better to be safe and stay low than update and be sorry.

lordpsycho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I would go with the "lower is better" if you had say "hey guys I'm on 2.1.0, should I update to 3.0.0 or stay where I am?"
but since you already have a switch that came with 3.0.0 I see no reason to buy another that is on 2.1.0 since TZ will work on it eventually.
If you really want to be on the safe side, you can tell your friend to trade your 3.0 switch + some money for his switch, but personally I would keep that 3.0 switch and wait.

Hasslehogg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you won't buy it at least tell a friend to not update. 2.1.0 are rare with every passing day. Maybe someone from the forum will buy
Yeah he wouldnt update it, he is wanting top dollar, 300 quid which is too much for me, i will stick with my 3.0.0 and hope ScirezM can work his magic on a CFW and release for 3.0.0 the same time as 2.x.

All i am interested in is a fully working Retroarch, i know the Retroarch team had a 3.0.0 switch from previous threads so we should be golden

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah he wouldnt update it, he is wanting top dollar, 300 quid which is too much for me, i will stick with my 3.0.0 and hope ScirezM can work his magic on a CFW and release for 3.0.0 the same time as 2.x.

All i am interested in is a fully working Retroarch, i know the Retroarch team had a 3.0.0 switch from previous threads so we should be golden
If you only care about Retroarch then 3.x will be fine. BTW £300 is an ok price most people on here are asking for way more than that.

Reactions: Meriadoc

rac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i read somewhere that for the end user 1.0-3.0 will be basically the same, it's just that the earlier firmwares will be ready first.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys

I have been lucky enough to find a 3.0.0 switch, but now a friend is selling his 2.1.0 switch. Is there any benefit to be on 2.1.0 over 3.0.0 (earlier released homebrew for example) or is that only for 1.0.0 and there isnt any benefit since trustzone can be accessed up to 3.x?

thanks guys

appreciate it
lower firmware is always better

Hasslehogg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i think i read somewhere that for the end user 1.0-3.0 will be basically the same, it's just that the earlier firmwares will be ready first.
hope so mate and hopefully not too long between, if its weeks/months then its worth finding a 1.0.0 if possible

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you only care about Retroarch then 3.x will be fine. BTW £300 is an ok price most people on here are asking for way more than that.
well if anyone is interested PM me and i can give you his email details, he has also stuck it on ebay

sanni

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The firmware will not matter in the end. Both Team Xecuter and fail0verflow have a cold boot exploit that works on all current consoles.
Sooner or later more infos will leak out or other people will discover this security flaw too and someone will release something for free.

If I were you I would not go crazy like the rest of this forum and just wait. Ofc if the 2.1.0 Switch is super cheap then just buy it, it can't hurt to have a second power supply and another pair of Joy-Cons.

Hasslehogg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The firmware will not matter in the end. Both Team Xecuter and fail0verflow have a cold boot exploit that works on all current consoles.
Sooner or later more infos will leak out or other people will discover this security flaw too and someone will release something for free.

If I were you I would not go crazy like the rest of this forum and just wait. Ofc if the 2.1.0 Switch is super cheap then just buy it, it can't hurt to have a second power supply and another pair of Joy-Cons.
True but unfortunately like most on here I am very inpatient, if i know say CFW or retroarch was released for 1.0.0 but not yet for 3.0.0 i would be trying my hardest to find a 1.0.0 as i would want it day one haha

Failoverflow i dont think will release anything and Team Xecuter will, but i would have to pay someone to do it for me on top of the fee which i cant see being under 50 quid then install and also will it look ok, i cant imagie much room in there. Softmod would be my 1st choice, saying that whatever comes out 1st for the 3.0.0 i will have :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs