2.0 kernels not working on one EZ-V, but do on another

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Hooya, Sep 7, 2009.

  1. Hooya
    OP

    Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2006
    Messages:
    1,878
    Location:
    Central Illinois
    Country:
    United States
    Having problems with some of these RC kernels with my wife's DS. On my DS they work fine. Not sure why that would be. Both of us are using EZ-V cards - the original one, not a Vi, and we're on regular old DS Lites.

    We do have different cards, mine's a 2GB her's is a 1GB... but both are Kingstons, so that shouldn't be the issue..

    Some games work on hers and some don't. No pattern to it really as far as I can tell. 1.90 beta 11 is working fine for her though. Peggle Dual Shot for instance works fine, but Mario Kart DS does not. More games do not work than work. All the games are working fine on mine regardless of version.

    My EZ Flash is definitely a version 1, as I got it right when it came out. Hers is slightly newer, but it's not one of the EZV+ models as far as I know. Was there a flashing update that I didn't do on her card that would make the 2.0 kernels not work properly on hers or shouldn't that make a difference? The interface loads just fine, it's just that many games just give a white screen with her flash card. It's not the different DS units we're using either, the same problem occurs regardless of which DS the card is in.

    Any ideas what might be the issue?
     
  2. Hooya
    OP

    Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2006
    Messages:
    1,878
    Location:
    Central Illinois
    Country:
    United States
    OK, I just solved the problem. What a totally dumb issue. It's either with the name of the game or the name of the save, but the way the files were named had an issue.

    I noticed all of the games that were not loading were named something like "MARIOKDS.NDS" with the save file "MARIOKDS.SAV" in all caps like that - the old school way games were named. A long time ago I had converted all my games for my own DS to the full titles using a ROM renaming tool. The newer games on her DS were named in this more conventional way, and those were the ones that were working. After renaming the old games and save files and using lower case extensions "Mario Kart DS.sav" the games worked.

    So weird. I'm posting the entire story in case someone has the same issue as me.
     

Share This Page