Hardware 1st Party VS 3 Party GC memory Cards.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i really need one but... i heard rumors of people saying 3rd party don't work that well. i can get a nyko x16 or a 251 offical nintendo brand i don't know what to do... i don't want to waste my money on something that does not work... let me know...

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the answer i guess i'm going have to risk it then... madcazt x16 here i come.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Never used the loader, but the madcatz memory cards I've had suck. Get corrupted randomly every once in a while and I lose all my files.
tongue.gif

Kree_boy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Diffusion said:
Never used the loader, but the madcatz memory cards I've had suck. Get corrupted randomly every once in a while and I lose all my files.
tongue.gif

I got mine when it was first released and have never had a problem with it.
maybe i got lucky...but ive never had a corrupt game save...or load problem from the card.

smurphyzeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd go with an official one. Got got a 3rd party one and lost all my data, which made me stop playing my GC for a few years.

Lucky for me, a few months ago I got a new official Nintendo 1019 block memory card for about $4 at Toys R Us.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having a few problems with saves, but I believe that is because I was switching around cMIOS's, and so far since sticking with Wani's cMIOS I haven't had any problems.

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
back when I used my gamecube regulary I had a 64 MB Memory Card from BigBen, which got wiped 2 times with all my saves...wouldn't trust this

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a 32MB Memory card from BigBen since from the first batch. It was heavily used and never lost any data. Though I heard that later batches weren't that good. If you have the money, get an original card and you'll be on the save side.
If you get a 3rd party anyway you should back it up regulary. There a a few pretty easy to use tools for Wii to do this.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
mugel0190 said:
I got this one: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6214 and never experienced any corruption with it for half a year now...
I have this one too. Although i have barely used it, it has worked fine and is a masterpiece! (apart from the colour lol).

The theoretical maximum size of a GC memory card is 128MBit, or 16Mbytes.

That card has 2x 128Mbit chips in it, with a switch, so you effectively have double the maximum capacity (or 2 cards in one slot lol). This also should theoretically allow easy isolation of savegame regions, which I've heard is a problem when mixing savegames (the card may format).

256Mbit is like a gazillion blocks, great for the GC backup launcher if u have heaps of backups
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay