1GB G6 Lite

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Tir, Oct 28, 2006.

Oct 28, 2006

1GB G6 Lite by Tir at 3:43 AM (1,240 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. Tir
    OP

Member Tir GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Any new info on it? Usually cards are released not long after they're announced so how far off would it be? It's the cart I'm hanging out for and I want a DS Lite now damnit. [​IMG]

2. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    XD
    You´re asking for a flashcard that doesn´t exist, to use on a DS Lite that you don´t own yet?

Also, you´ll break some hearts [​IMG] The title of the thread should be:
    1GB G6 Lite?

3. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    Nothing new, sorry.

4. JonoBG

Newcomer JonoBG Advanced Member

Australia

5. Tir
    OP

Australia
    I missed that "should be released in about a month" bit, so hopefully only a couple weeks off? Guess I can wait.

6. shadowboy

Member shadowboy :D

United States
    Dammit, used 100 bucks for a four gig g6 and now they make one twice the size for twenty bucks less? Suckage.

7. Coru

Newcomer Coru Member

Canada
    Yep, that's life. Sucks, eh?

8. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States

9. Coru

Newcomer Coru Member

Canada
    Ahh, noo. I'm adding to Canadian stereotypes.

10. Hanafuda

Member Hanafuda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    $80-ish for a 1GB G6 ... I might actually buy that. You know 2 weeks after its out there'll be an officialt announcement about all the new Slot1's though.

11. DrTek

Member DrTek GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    yo hanafuda, your sig sucks. what has the jap in his mouth / nose anyway? wooden sticks? noodles? crackcocaine? snort?

12. Hanafuda

United States

thank you fo ryour opinion. Also, I would appreciate it if in the future you refrain from using the term, "jap."

13. Tir
    OP

Australia
    True, but I'm not really bothered by them since I need GBA support on the card I get. This news of the 1GB G6 came just in time, I was so close to buying a SC, nice I won't have to fuss over getting the right micro sd card for this, or worry about battery life.

14. Hanafuda

United States

sorry to do the mini-quote-chain, but if this is what youre worried about with the SC, you worry too much. Choice of microSD with the SCLite isn't an issue like it used to be with other versions. I've got a black SCLite with the Sandisk 1GB UltraII, and then got a standard Sandisk 1GB ... and I haven't seen a difference yet. Neither are PERFECT ... the Castlevania video still has a few seconds in it where the audio is mildly distorted, for instance, but the video framerate's fine and that goes for both the UltraII and the regular.

As for battery life ... I've never bothered to test because my DSLite usually goes on the charger every night anyway. I've never managed to play enough in one day to kick it over to red, and that includes 3 of us in the house who each have their own Animal Crossing game going. I have seen it go red on day 2 if not charged overnight though.

But like I said above, I might get the G6 too anyway. Once the NDS's lifecycle is coming to a close and the next great thing comes along, you'll be glad for having NDS devkit overkill in your dresser drawer. There's a thread in another section where someone's having trouble finding a true GBA flashcart.