1833 - Onmyou Taisenki Zeroshiki (J)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by djgarf, Dec 9, 2004.

Dec 9, 2004
  1. djgarf
    OP

Former Staff djgarf I Am A Raver

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    [​IMG][​IMG]1833 - Onmyou Taisenki Zeroshiki[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Â[​IMG][/p][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Release Group:CaravanSave Type:EEPROM_V124ROM Size:64MbitPublisher:BANDAIRegion:JapanROM Serial:AGB-BITJ-JPNLanguage(s):JapaneseView NFO:Click Here[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Cutman

Member Cutman GBAtemp Fan

Featured Posts:
    United States
    This game looks killer, can't wait to play it!

3. Zorn

Member Zorn GBAtemp Fan

Featured Posts:
    Germany
    what kind of game is it?? A fight game?
    ? ? ? ? ?

i think it's an traiding card game like yugioh... i don't like games like that
    but maybe it isn't a traiding card game....

4. Zero01

Member Zero01 Advanced Member

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Hmmm, wat happened to x_comp, he usually give us the infos on these japanese games....

5. Karzon

Newcomer Karzon Member

Featured Posts:
    United States
    I've just played it for a couple of minutes.

It's definitely an RPG. It might be a fullblown monster raising type game or more straightforward, but either way you control monsters (I'm not sure if you get a full party, or it's just one at a time) and they do the fighting.

See that big octogonal shape in the screenshot above? It pops up, and you press different directions (which visually creates a "shape" of connected pipes) then press the A button to execute an attack. Different shapes do different attacks. Kind of like the Xenogears or Legend of Legaia systems. Although it's turn based, the faster you input a move, the more damage it does. Once I finished that first fight, I figured out how to get a list of that character's attacks (and the character's stats). It looks like a couple are hidden, because it doesn't list the button presses for them. Or they're unlocked later.

I'm kind of hoping for an English release (however unlikely), because it looks like it'd be fun if I could understand what I was doing (or supposed to be doing). I wouldn't play completely through a game with this much dialogue in Japanese.

I'm not sure what the card that pops up on the official website (listed in the NFO) is about. Maybe it comes with the game, which may be based on some sort of collectable card game (though it doesn't play like one).

6. Chibi Vegito

Newcomer Chibi Vegito Newbie

Featured Posts:
    United States
    I have heard of the name before. Onmyou Taisenki... Ah, got it! It was actually an anime in Japan. I believe the white tiger's name is Kogenta or something. Not sure about the kid though... (main character). I heard that it kind of relates to Digimon or something. If I'm wrong, then I haven't a clue... ^^'

7. MZx

Member MZx Advanced Member

Featured Posts:
    Malta
    It's an Anime.. recently started in Japan, about.. well, I'm not sure, cos it's unsubbed as of yet. Yes to the "another monster raiser" thought. And no, definately not related to Digital Monsters.. *shameless plug* seeing as I have a site about them.

8. Cutman

Member Cutman GBAtemp Fan

Featured Posts:
    United States
    This game is 100% bad-ass. The turtle thing is so sexy and cool. I love it.