1758 - The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (E)

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
have you lot noticed the capcom logo at the start of the game?

i love capcom games but i never realy liked zelda games, i like link (hes one of the best in super smash bros) but i never got into the games but now with capcom involved i WILL play this to the very end. and if i enjoy this i'll play the others which are emulated.

wow Capcom & Nintendo!
Capcom did the development because Nintendo was so pleased with how Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons turned out. (Also developed by Capcom). Without the logo there, you'd never really know that it wasn't Nintendo that did it, they're that good.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well Links Awakening and the DX version aside, all the other handheld Zelda games have been done by Capcom... Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, LTTP/4 Swords and now the Minish Cap.
Still at least it's nice to finally see some decent Capcom developed games that won't get released on the PS2 or Xbox in the near future, heh.

Anyway... I played through a load of the Japanese version and although nothing really too challenging (even in a language I can't read) it's definately up to the that same standard Nintendo lavishes on Zelda. I'm glad I now have a chance to play through the English version, though I can't imagine buying it when the US version will have some extras and Halo 2 and Paper Mario 2 are both released before the end of the week as well. But yeah even so brilliant game... gotta love those reused and remixed music from past games, brings back happy memories.

smile.gif

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
USA gets Nintendo DS and Europeans get Zelda for GBA. Next year Europeans get DS and USA Zelda. Pretty fair deal actuallyÂ
tongue.gif
No, it's not. We'll have to wait a lot longer (for the DS) than the Americans (for The Minish Cap). Anyway... Zelda is out so let's be happy.
grog.gif
quit complaining about the DS, and rather complain about Zelda: The Four Swords Adventures, which we get in january (it's out in America since july or so, that's when I imported it...so, the european version is like half a year too late in europe)

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
My thoughts from the backup board:
chronickilla said:
Isnt the USA release gonna be the exact same as the rest of the releases?
SamutzI don't see why it would be when they already have an english version ready.
In Oracle of Ages and Seasons (note, GBC games) there was a shop that could only be opened using a GBA (or gameshark code). I'm thinking there's a chance they've got something bigger in mind for people that play the US version on a DS.

Sparkle

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

i love capcom games but i never realy liked zelda games, i like link (hes one of the best in super smash bros) but i never got into the games but now with capcom involved i WILL play this to the very end. and if i enjoy this i'll play the others which are emulated.

wow Capcom & Nintendo!
Zelda: the four swords was from capcom too... :hmm:

QuickSilverMC

Trophies
XP
Country
* insert 3-4 Quotes Here about zelda and Capcom*

WHY was i not told this before?
frown.gif

i only decieded to test this as there was so much hype about it. i had played THOZ:OOT on the n64 and the TLOZ2 on the nes but they wernt good but the n64 one was addictive but as it was not mine,so i couldent play it much

Zap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you haven't played LOZ: A Link To The Past yet and already judging this series?

Give it a shot, it'll surprise you.

sigfried

Trophies
Website
www.dimensions-sega.fr.st
XP
Country
France
Capcom did a great job but i still prefer when zelda are developped by nintendo at 100%. The stroy is a little deeper than when it's capcom. Capcom plays more with the bonus area and the secrets while nintendo adds more about a mysterious story as in links awakening. Also a capcom is usually completed in 10 hours. fortunately zelda resist a little more even if some people complain it is a short episode.

QuickSilverMC

Trophies
XP
Country
you haven't played LOZ: A Link To The Past yet and already judging this series?

Give it a shot, it'll surprise you.
ph34r.gif
im not judgeing, im just saying i dident like that game, which is my opinion
ph34r.gif

diffrent people have diffrent opinions as i said before i like link but its the LOZ games which dident intrest me.

mosesdownload

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get the game to work on my f2a 256!!! when zelda starts it says all 3 save slots are corrupt then when i enter my name it is unable to save! WTF?!?!?!?! i needs my zelda.. someone please help me out.

zloty

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
use GBAtooladvance and SRAM fix it; I'm playing it on my f2a 256 and it works like a charm

played about 20mins of it.....seems brilliant atm......a lot more text heavy then I'm used too in zelda games but thats not a problem or anything; I keep thinking its the sequel or something to ALTTP, but I keep forgetting theres been like 7 games between them lol

I wonder if this game will be able to top ALLTP and Links Awakening? I love those 2 games to death, IMO the best zelda games there are

dante2010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
How come this rom plays like crap in visual boy?

I have an athlon XP 1700+ with a gig of system ram. Yet the game stutters and the sound skips all the time. Do I need a more powerful PC to emulate this correctly?

Zap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get the game to work on my f2a 256!!! when zelda starts it says all 3 save slots are corrupt then when i enter my name it is unable to save! WTF?!?!?!?! i needs my zelda.. someone please help me out.
Dude, read the posts and do a little research before whinning for help...

The answer to your problem can easily be found on page 1 of this very thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)