1. cdp76

cdp76 Advanced Member

Italy
    I cannot burn into a f2a... says flash not found!

2. The Vox

The Vox Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have the same problem. In the past I have been able to Trim the file with FAT or any other program that trims 00's or FF's (or however it works). It's worked on all of the GBAVIDEOS that are 256.. but not on Urbz. I've trimmed it and it is slightly smaller but still won't load onto a 256F2A.

I know one of you brilliant programmers can figure out a way to trim this a bit more. Any help is appreciated.

(i know, i know, it is time to get a 512.. but I just can't right now)

Thanks

3. IxthusTiger

IxthusTiger Cruddy's Buddy

United States
    I trimmed it down to 32,737 KB, but my F2A won't flash it unless it's 32,735 KB or less.

There are enough zeros left at the end of the rom to trim it right, but there is a problem...

At address 1FF8239, at the end of those zeros is this:

80 00 80 80

THAT is blocking trimming programs from trimming the rest of the zeroes.

No problem right? just a little manual trim and we're all set.

Wrong. Those need to be there or the rom will run without sound.

But why? What are they? Is there a value I can edit at the beginning of the rom that will not check the end of it for these values? Is that why they disable the sound?

PS: Will someone also check the end of Shing Soul 2 for me? I would like to know if there is garbage I can trim or if that data is for graphics. Thank you!

EDIT: NEVERMIND Those values do nothing. The game still needs a few thousand zeroes at the end to run the sound though. I trimmed it down to 32, 734. Works fine now. Good news for people with 256 Mbit carts.

Could someone still look into Shining Soul 2 for me though?

4. zatelli

zatelli GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    Same here, unless you trim it enough, you won't be able to flash it to your linker (especially if you're using a 256MB cartridge [​IMG] ).
    I'll try recompiling it on VB 6 & see if I can trim it enough to fit.

5. ashly138

ashly138 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I HOOP YOU GET IT [​IMG]

6. IxthusTiger

United States
    I did get it [​IMG] It works if you just trim it down to 32,734 KB.

I can make a patch and post it here if you'd like!

EDIT:
    Lunar IPS won't let me make a patch for anything past the first 16MB... what IPS patch creator should I use instead?

7. zatelli

zatelli GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    So you did trim it correctly?Is the sound ok?Interesting ... [​IMG] I'll send you a powerfull IPS patcher right now (works fine with files greater than 16MB), check your inbox please.
    Can't wait to figure out how you managed to do so coz there's an adress I couldn't trim using VBasic 6

8. GaRaM

GaRaM Newbie
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    IxthusTiger, do you have the patch? I would really appreciate it.

9. IxthusTiger

United States
    If you don't want to wait for a patch, search for "free hex editor" and install XVI32. Open The Urbz with XVI32 and scroll to the bottom. Delete everything after the address 1FF7FFF. Save the file, and now you can flash it to your cart!

A rom trimmer won't do it because there is a value blocking half the zeroes, and if you fix that, the trimmer deletes too much and the sound won't work.