1755 - Metal Slug Advance (U)

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I can't believe the amount of people complaining about stuff in the game! Obviously its not gonna be as good on GBA, but it looks and play sweet and is a good title imo!!

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After downloading it and trying it out against my better judgement, this title is great! CT Special Forces was whetting my appetite until this came out, and it definitely meets my expectations for a GBA game. Can't wait to buy it when it arrives in stores.
smile.gif

Blue_GoD

Infected Mushroom
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the game is even better that what i think it would be... specially about the sound, i thought they we're gonna screw it, but no, awesome sound effects, and the in-game music is sweet... and the gameplay is very good. LETS FLASH IT
tongue.gif

and stop whining about "no-blood", go stab yourself too see if it bleeds

Aziere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fun game, but too freaking hard on hard. And it's too freaking easy on normal :/ Also the levels are too short, and the bosses are kinda lame. It's still better than metal slug x though.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I completed Missions 1-5 right now (there is another Mission, but I don't know how to unlock it ), and it's pretty long for a Metal Slug game...but also not as good as the NeoGeo ones

it looks SO much better on a GBA than in the videos, which surprised me, but some of the animations where pretty weird, for example most of the explosions which were way to fast

but when playing it, I didn't even noticed big visual differences between this game and the "big" ones, even the backgrounds looked just as good...I think the game isn't a disappointment at all, it's very good (I like it better than Metal Slug 5, but Metal Slug 3 kicks Metal Slug Advance's ass), especially for a handheld game...after seeing the videos I feared the day when I would first play the game, but it actually plays like a real Metal Slug, not like some crappy conversion like the NeoGeo Pocket ones

the big ones are much better, since they have many more different enemies (Metal Slug Advance has some different kinds normal soldiers, those asian soldiers seen in Metal Slug 3 and bushmen soldiers like in the first mission of Metal Slug 5...and then there are helicopters, normal tanks, and those high tanks which drop those exploding balls...in the last mission, there are some airplanes, too, and there are some meal worms in mission 3 or so...that's it...no crabs, no aliens, no zombies, no mummies) and the level design is a bit boring in MSA, but it still is a great game and won't disappoint the Metal Slug fans (like me
wink.gif
)

the bosses are better than I thought also, but aren't as fun as the ones of Metal Slug 3, and

after beating the missions, there are 100 cards and 100 prisoners to find...which can get f*cking hard, since the bosses are pretty hard...

I think SNK wanted to put the game on a 64mbit card very hardly, since the romsize is exactly 64mbit (stripped), and obviously some things have been stripped because of the lack of space

another thing which makes this game more of a "lite" version of Metal Slug, is the fact that there aren't as many items and projectiles at once than in other Metal Slugs

but after all, the game is very good, and can compete with Metal Slug 1, while Metal Slug 2-4 are much better (Metal Slug 5 still sucks, is just unfair...and that new sliding move sucks, which you fortunately can't do in MSA)

@Aziere: hey, Metal Slug X rules
mad.gif

it's my second favorite Metal Slug

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
it's way too easy, since there are like 3 checkpoints per mission, and you can restart unlimited times

but, there is still a hard mode, and collecting all the cards and rescuing all the prisoners is a big challenge also, since you have to beat the mission without getting killed...the good thing is, the more cards you collect, the more powerful you get, so it's easier to collect the rest (which is just f...ing hard)

but I don't know if I should restart the game with hard difficulty, or if I'd rather collect everything on normal first

Hexidecimal

GBAtemp Ender of Worlds
Trophies
Website
www.xanga.com
XP
Country
United States
It's good, but it's not my metal slug. I'd prefer 3 or 4 lives with one hit kills. The life bar doesnt do it for me, since if you die it takes you back the the beginning of the board. Makes it less replayable in my mind, while it's still good, it isn't as good as it could have been, but it takes its place next to GTA:A on my flashcart.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ooh finally! I've been playing this since this morning and I must say they done a pretty dam good job with Metal Slug on the GBA... okay it's not 100% faithful to the NeoGeo series, but if you were expecting that then you're a moron...
Infact I'm very suprised just how much was packed onto the 64mbit cart... in comparison Metal Slug 3 takes up 708mbits; around 11 times more space!

smile.gif

Dais

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I get one final opinion on whether I should play it or not, instead of trying to make my way through this topic?

L

lastdual

Can I get one final opinion on whether I should play it or not, instead of trying to make my way through this topic?
Nope.

Well alright......this game is easily worth playing. One of the better action titles on the GBA. Not as good as Astro Boy (or the NeoGeo Slugs), but what it does it does well most of the time. My only gripe is some fairly crappy level design in places, and the serious lack of special weapons (you'll find yourself using your pistol far more in this game than in past metal slugs).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You need a Tylenol pm