1742 - Grand Theft Auto Advance (E)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Oct 30, 2004.

Oct 30, 2004
  1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    [​IMG][​IMG]1742 - Grand Theft Auto Advance[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Â[​IMG][/p][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Release Group:Rising SunSave Type:EEPROM_V124ROM Size:128MbitPublisher:Rockstar GamesRegion:EuropeROM Serial:AGP-BGTP-EURLanguage(s):English, Français, Deutsch, Italiano, EspañolView NFO:Click Here[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Blue_GoD

Banned Blue_GoD Infected Mushroom

Portugal
    whoa... wasn't expecting the euro version so soon

3. TonyCool

Member TonyCool GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    Well... at least in euro languages... I hope this game looks better in spanish or french [​IMG]

4. jelbo

Member jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands
    Damn, I saw this game in Belgium. Never realised it wasn't already released. So RS said it's prestore, but I've seen it already in a store... It couldn't have been the USA version...

Damn, if I'd bought it I could have released it [​IMG] Although I don't have a clue how I should do that... (ofcoure I do have a Linker).

5. yugi999

Member yugi999 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    man i what KH:COM
    and i got GTAA usa [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Blue_GoD

Banned Blue_GoD Infected Mushroom

Portugal
    well maybe it could, the usa version of the 1st kirby game was in the europe stores, i only realised that after seeing the euro dump of kirby ages after the usa release and ages after seeing kirby at stores [​IMG]

7. Skelv_tnt

Member Skelv_tnt GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    I was so anxious that I played the USA version instead of waiting for the Euro version, so I'd like to continue the game in spanish. Do (U) saves work with this version or may I crack the usa version with those patches? thx

Now the next GREAT day is November 16th: Yu Yu hakusho, metal slug advance and....ZELDA TMC (appart from monopoly and NFS)! And just a week before that, The sims 2

EDIT: ooops! it seems I've made a mistake. NFS:U2 won't be released on the 16th but a day earlier

8. Wizzcat

Newcomer Wizzcat Member

Norway
    This isn't Zelda! LAME! j/k
    Kinda fun actually, even tho the framerate sucks. Reminds me of GTA1&2, especially zooming around in the police cars and wreaking havoc!

9. Skelv_tnt

Spain
    I never said THIS was ZELDA [​IMG] Can't find the joke...

[​IMG] j/k, too :gbasp:

PS:
    Welcome here, Jelbo!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

EDIT: wow, you've been registered for a while, but this is your first post, isn't it? [​IMG]

10. skarthebloodchild

Member skarthebloodchild Keep It Old School

Greece
    i don't think there are any differences from the (U) (languages only) that i have flashed on my ezfa , so no need to flash the (E) version..
    really close release date that i wasn't expecting

11. benzxi

Member benzxi GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    maybe this version has no frame drops.. nyaha just kidding.

12. Fortell

Member Fortell GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sweet, just in time to be played along with San Andreas :gbasp:

13. spanks54

Member spanks54 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You forgot that Metroid Prime 2 comes out on the 16th, too :0)
    *has had it reserved for months* even if it isn't a GBA game.

And this might sound childish of me but...when does that other pokemon gba game come out? *coughs and feels childish*

14. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    I find this a very odd release. I played the US version for a couple of hours and I got a very "in between" feeling. The game is quite fun... but not with a GTA-feeling. The graphics are okay but not GTA-style. The sound is okay but not GTA-groovesque! The framerate could have been better.
    It's just frustrating. I feel that because this is called "Grand Theft Auto" I play it longer than if they had named it "Charlie's Beat 'em up Crazy Chase". I think the game is fun but doesn't have ANY "grand theft" magic!!! In Vice City I used to sit there for hours and beat up innocent little girls (oooooh naughty) and I thought it was hilarious. But in this release beating up people just plainly sucks (maybe it's for the best anyway not to beat up people, I don't know). Anyway, my point is clear I believe. Play it, but you won't go nuts over it!

15. Skelv_tnt

Spain
    Hey, the graphics are GTA1 and 2 style! Furthermore, the music in this GTA is THE SAME as the one in GTA2!!

16. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    Also how could you forget the biggest, most anticipated game in the gaming world coming out on November 16th? Half-Life 2. All GBA games can wait till i'm done playing Half-Life 2 [​IMG]

17. skarthebloodchild

Member skarthebloodchild Keep It Old School

Greece
    i agree.half life 2 will be great

18. Skelv_tnt

Spain
    Hey, my PC isn't powerful enough to run HL2, so ATM I'm not looking forward to playing it . But as soon as I get my new computer...*cough cough*....i'll play GTA San Andreas (PC version, of course)!!

19. cherrypie

Newcomer cherrypie Member

Australia
    Anyone else noticed a lot of bugs in this rom? I hadn't noticed any in the US dump, but this one seems to do some funky things, I've had it lock up on me totally once, had it half lock on that mission where you go get abushed taking some mafia dude's car after killing him (start and select worked, music played, the guys doing the abush came out but didn't shoot and I couldn't get out of the car or drive it). The mission after where you meet some sleazy bar manager and take him to his bar, he got out of the car when we were abushed and got killed still had the little animated blue arrow pointing at him and the game kept going, I just couldn't do anything cause he was dead... I can get around these things by saving and trying again, but they seem to happen once in a while which is kind of unusual.

Any thoughts?

Kari.

20. DareDevil

Newcomer DareDevil Member

Germany
    Maybe it's because RS released a beta version (the Euro version isn't expected to come to stores within the next 3 months)