DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For all of you complaining about the game being "the same" each time, what the hell do you want out of them? They are limited by the GBA's cartridge size and lack of buttons. While they try to add all the features of the latest console release there is only so much that can be done due to the GBA's limitations.

As for my take, I enjoyed THPS2 for GBA and finished it but I haven't finished any of the subsequent offerings. THUG1 was pretty good at first, but it got to the point where it was a bit too difficult to up stats, and the goals just were not articulated well enough. That is they'd give you a goal and it'd be impossible to figure out just what was neccessary to complete it. Depending upon file size and fun factor maybe this will displace RCR as my quick play game on my cart.
I want one that's 128Mb and with better graphics. You can't really complain about the controls, GBA isn't a Analog Stick console.

hulkamaniaks

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
The game does sometimes slow down a bit but if your talking about a real big slowdown were everything is very slow thats just the new ability in the game called focus were if you have your special up during a combo pressing L activates focus mode were you move very slow so you can focus on the tricks you are doing.

Vince989

Still lurking around, sometimes...
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've began playing it, and I like it so far. I've got almost max stats for my character, except for 2 of them (rail bal and manual), which is only a question of trying them out more. As the game progresses, they will be maxed, maybe even without having to actually mind about them.

For the new features... The Natas Spin is kinda useless (I hardly see how it could be included in a combo), but at least it pays not so bad. The Trantrum, which makes you able to get back points from bailing, makes the game too easy in my opinion... It is "nice", but it was never needed, and it is far too easy to trigger. I think pretty much the same for Focus too, which slows down the game so you can get better scores, and I feel it is too often on. Each time you do a flip trick, if you can Focus, it seems like it WILL focus, so you don't actually trigger it... There is also a bit of slow down which is not coming from Focus from time to time, but I don't feel like it is that bad at the moment...

Time will tell how I'll like this one!

(If you want to ensure your slowdown isn't caused by Focus, you can disable it from the Options... Try it before saying it always gets slow...
tongue.gif
)

- Vince989

bluemax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, the idea to go with 30 second clips of real songs was a bad one. I don't think I'll be listening to Rock and Roll highschool again anytime soon, geez. What are there 5 song clips for the whole thing? Thankfully you can turn it off.

Didn't notice the focus thing, I'll have to try that next time, otherwise it seems to be about the same as the last, no real improvements, same annoyances. They did take out the life bar though, and now there seems to be no difference between night and day.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've began playing it, and I like it so far. I've got almost max stats for my character, except for 2 of them (rail bal and manual), which is only a question of trying them out more. As the game progresses, they will be maxed, maybe even without having to actually mind about them.

For the new features... The Natas Spin is kinda useless (I hardly see how it could be included in a combo), but at least it pays not so bad. The Trantrum, which makes you able to get back points from bailing, makes the game too easy in my opinion... It is "nice", but it was never needed, and it is far too easy to trigger. I think pretty much the same for Focus too, which slows down the game so you can get better scores, and I feel it is too often on. Each time you do a flip trick, if you can Focus, it seems like it WILL focus, so you don't actually trigger it... There is also a bit of slow down which is not coming from Focus from time to time, but I don't feel like it is that bad at the moment...

Time will tell how I'll like this one!

(If you want to ensure your slowdown isn't caused by Focus, you can disable it from the Options... Try it before saying it always gets slow...
tongue.gif
)

- Vince989
Could you upload the save for us please?
GameFAQs has none.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Something realistic and free range would be nice
tongue.gif

Like a nice skate around a city and lots of non linear missions and side missions to change the story
tongue.gif
. Plus that would open up a good possibility for a good MMORPG style skateboard game lol. Wich btw would be something kick ass to look forward too o-o lol
So basically you want Grand Theft Auto on a skateboard. That sounds like it could work. But as for a skateboard MMORPG.....sounds like it would get old....QUICK!!!

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Is it just me or does thug2 look worse than thug1 on the gba? I still think thps2 was the best looking out of the tony hawk games on the gba, it was the only one that wasn't pixelated to the extreme. Having said that thug1 on the gba was my favourite gameplay wise on the gba. Hmm I might flash this one to my cart and get a better opinion but at the moment the music and pixelatedness of the game is putting me off.

hulkamaniaks

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
i like the gameplay cauz im a big tony hawk fan but the graphics are nowhere near as good as thug1 for gba, and i dont know what they were thinking when they put those songs in their that last for 10-30 seconds, they could of atleast did what aggressive inline for gba did and took samples from a song and cleverly joined them together and just repeated bits.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @DinohScene, Hi