1664 - Dan Doh Tobase Shouri no Smile Shot (J)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by djgarf, Sep 22, 2004.

Sep 22, 2004
  1. djgarf
    OP

Former Staff djgarf I Am A Raver

United Kingdom
    [​IMG][​IMG]1664 - Dan Doh Tobase Shouri no Smile Shot [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][/p][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Release Group:CaravanSave Type:SRAM_V113 (256Kbit)ROM Size:64Mbit
    Publisher:
    TakaraRegion:Japan
    ROM Serial:
    AGB-BDNJ-JPNLanguage(s):
    Japanese

View NFO:

Click Here[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Microtic

Newcomer Microtic Member

Canada
    I watch Dan Doh!!! So I'd better check this out... [​IMG]
    w00t 1st post! [​IMG] Pretty good show... Let's see how the game is...
    And it's licenced here BTW... So you'll see it in English SOON!

3. The Teej

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    What kind of game is this?

RPG, side scroller, what?

4. x_comp

Member x_comp GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    It just had to happen. An Anime/Manga based on golf. Now we'll have a little golf craze in Japan [​IMG]

It's a golf game based on the Anime "Dan Doh" where you can either play through story mode or join the various tournaments. Then there's voice effects thrown in from the Anime.

Can't find any sites with screenshots or that has info about this game so try this.

http://anime.www.infoseek.co.jp/story.html...l?q=27nttpubt11

5. The Teej

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    Oh, a Golf game?

haha, new lol.

6. shadowhero50

Member shadowhero50 Advanced Member

Yeah, i knew it was golf when i saw that golf ball in the title. Can anyone tell if this game is good or not??

7. x_comp

United Kingdom
    It's an easy game. Don't expect Mario Golf because this is an AVG / Golf game. You go through a bundle of dialogue before you're given a goal you have to complete during story mode. Other than that, nice graphics, nice music. What you would usually expect from a Japanese Anime based game. Then there's stuff for the Dan Doh fans in the Shop that allows you to unlock other characters you can use in the tournaments, wallpaper, clothing and other tournaments.

Pretty average in terms of a golf game because there isn't as much control as you get in Mario Golf. Everything's pretty much setup for you to achieve those pars.

8. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You'll notice that the guy is standing in a golf field and the "O" in DOH is a golf ball.

9. Light

Light Newbie

well..there was the prince of tennis thingy...there was basketbal a long time ago..now theres golf..well..no surprise

10. niGgA

Member niGgA Advanced Member

United States
    next guess for a anime........football LMAO [​IMG]

11. DeMoN

United States
    Football is an American sport. (The one with QBs, Line Backers, etc.) Soccer is where the players kick the ball all the time btw.

12. niGgA

Member niGgA Advanced Member

United States
    ur right..hmm what other japanese sport r there..all i can think of is tht dumb unicycle n ppl dese days r gettin popular with it in Japan. [​IMG]

13. DeMoN

United States
    Anything can be a fad in Japan.

14. x_comp

United Kingdom
    We call it 'rugby' over here and "soccer" is 'football'. You'll probably know that already but anyway, yeah. I've still to see or hear of an Anime based on rugby. Maybe the "rough" sport isn't popular enough over there [​IMG] Lets see now... A rugby player in the Anime will do a "Super Dash!" and he'll have every player dragging at his feet when he scores. Woohoo.

I still remember watching Captain Tsubasa and one of the characters knocked everyone out the way while he headed for the goal. They all got injured legs and no foul was given [​IMG]

15. Microtic

Newcomer Microtic Member

Canada
    There's also a soccer(Football)[Top Striker / Whistle!] anime... also a Ping Pong one (Ping Pong Club)... Boxing (Hajime no Ippo), Volleyball (Attack on Tomorrow), Baseball (Dokaben), Basketball (Slam Dunk)...

Maybe we'll see professional billiards, chess, or CRAPS in the near future? [​IMG]

Some anime serieses I'd recommend are Prince of Tennis, Wolf's Rain, Detective Acadamy Q, Full Metal Alchemist, Naruto, and Full Moon wo Sagashite. Ebichu for the daring anime people. [​IMG] (You'll see...)

16. x_comp

United Kingdom
    I know all of them apart from ping pong and volleyball. I looked those 2 up to see if maybe I've seen them before but just don't recognise the name and... Man, does Ping Pong Club look gay.

There's already a chess one except it's not based on the common Western chess you see. Instead, it's based on "Go", a chess game originating from China. Maybe the name, Hikaru no Go rings a bell [​IMG]

17. Dark_Lord Malik

Member Dark_Lord Malik Proud Pakistani

Pakistan
    Well i will try this game. Looks good and there was a one piece game in which they played Baseball and it was a very good anime Baseball game so i guess i will play it too.

18. Vinkie

Newcomer Vinkie Member

Netherlands
    there is a Rugby manga called No Side [​IMG]
    Rugby Manga

19. x_comp

United Kingdom
    So there is but it's not been made into an Anime yet, has it? Hmmm... Girl's rugby? Just a guess since I see a female player and the subtitle "The name is Akane."

So what other sports are there that's still to be done... Swimming, badminton...

20. Vinkie

Newcomer Vinkie Member

Netherlands
    i dont know if it has an anime, but there is a swimming manga called Rough [​IMG] (i only read manga so i dont know much about anime [​IMG])

[​IMG]