Hacking 160GB HARD DRIVE ONLY HOLDS 40GB's WTF!!!!!&#3

wiihacker3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought an external hard drive which has a 160gb hard drive inside a active cooled hard drive enclosure. i put 23 games on it and then it started ticking when i tried adding more games to it. sio i did an experament so i deleted a small game and when i tried to add a wii game to the hard drive the wait time before the tick was longer but it still ticked so i deleted a big game and then it let me put in a wii game without ticking! so i have 40gb used and 103gb free....

When i formatted it , it was primary and when i go to format it i only get exFAT and it wont let me do FAT32 for only this! the hardrive shows up in the main hardrive section and not in the usb section.... i think thats wierd and that might be the problem but i want some 1 to verify if that is the problem and if it is please some 1 tell me how to fix it because i havent formatted it in over 1 month....

help! what is wrong?

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not following you. If the issue is about the noise, most harddrives usually make sounds when running. If your computer is giving you an error message limiting you to 40gb, reformat the drive.

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
1) noise is supposed to be there unless its a constant clicking. clicking noise= bad news
**** by clicking noise i mean it has to RLY be clicking kinda like the one in this vid here
(BTW DONT TRY TO FIX IT THE WAY THIS GUY DID LOL, WATCH THE ENTIRE VID TO SEE WHAT I MEAN)

2) if its not clicking noise then ur ok.
3) it sounds like ur hardrive is fine so dont worry

shepe

Trophies
XP
Country
If his HDD is clicking like that video its knackered no jumper settings will make it work properley! buy a new one or take that one back

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the clicking you can hear is the niose that is made from the reading heads smashing to the border. The electronic of your hard disk is bad. Just send your drive in for warranty repacement or dump it and get a new one.

wiihacker3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but the thing is it works but it ends up freezing some times and i cant add more than 40gb to it.... maby if i format it to FAT32 and then to WBFS and maby it will let me use it with more than 40gb. w

will my theory work?

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
There's clearly some hardware failure in your hard drive and because the hard drive still is under the warranty, I suggest going that route before your drive blows up.

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That clicking is often known as "the Click of Death". It's a hardware failure. Return it and buy a new one.

A little OT: The term "brick" for improperly functioning electronics comes from the hard disk realm...

wiihacker3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way of fixing it!?!?!!?!? it has no warrenty. if i was gaan buy a new 1 id buy it from ebay.... so i cant get a warrenty anywhay. whart if i open it and i stick something to stop it from ticking... will it work?

shepe

Trophies
XP
Country
m8 believe me it is knackered there is nothing you can do to make it work at all it is fuc**d even if you got it working again by some miracle I would never trust any of the data on it to be safe. Just get a new one there cheap enough

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A clicking noise is basically a death toll for hard drives. Get rid of it or get a professional to fix it.

shepe

Trophies
XP
Country
Tagg7 said:
A clicking noise is basically a death toll for hard drives. Get rid of it or get a professional to fix it.

No do not get a proffesional to fix it it will cost you 10 times the price of a new drive as previously stated bin the drive keep the enclosure and put a new drive in it

wiihacker3000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how does it become like this? i found it in my moms closet which its been there for 2 years... then i took it out and it hit the floor..... so i have a feeling it might be my fault.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."