16 gb usb stick

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by chicken11, Jun 28, 2011.

1. chicken11
    OP

chicken11 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 6, 2009
    staffordshire
    i have got a 8 gb usb stick and am using cfg loader 69,cause only 8 gb i can only get 2 wii games on it but it works great, so i brought a 16 gb usb stick off ebay,have used the same cfg loader 69 and using back up manager excatly the same tried to put 5 random wii games on it, when i put in wii ,my wii only detetects that there is only 1 game and not 5,my question is, is it cause its a cheap 16 usb stick and its not compatable with wii,or is there a different set up from a 8gb stick to a 16 gb stick,my thinking was that 16 is twice as big 8 so may be 4 or 5 games,should i just buy a compat hard drive like western digital or am i missing something and doing something wrong,many thanks ,my 8 gb works great but y not 16 gb

2. PsyBlade

PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Jul 30, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Sol III
    If one game works the stick is compatible, the rest should work too.
    There are multiple possibility:
    - Filesystem corruption: try scanning for FS errors
    - Problems in copying: try riping it again
    - Fake stick: some sticks claim to be bigger then they are and thus lose data

3. chicken11
    OP

Jan 6, 2009
    staffordshire
    both 8 and 16 sticks formatted to fat 32,just bin playing game on 8 gb for over an hour and works a treat,my 16 gb stick in pc says 2 games but when i put in wii and load usb loader it only says 1 game,when i try and play that game my wii freezes,any help,is it my 16 gb stick not being wii friendly

4. PsyBlade

PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Jul 30, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Sol III
    yes I got that, did you try what I suggested?
    (scanning for Filesysytem corruption and ripping the game again)

5. chicken11
    OP

Jan 6, 2009
    staffordshire
    thanks for your help,have not tried that yet but will and report back,many thanks again

6. chicken11
    OP

Jan 6, 2009
    staffordshire
    have tried again on 2 different pcs,my 8 gb stick works a treat but i get the same results using 16 gb,i dont no but may b my 16 gb stick is just not any good for wii unless any body else has an idea,can any 1 suggest a good hard drive i can use which i can use for wii games,thanks again

7. chicken11
    OP

Jan 6, 2009
    staffordshire
    thanks to your help, my problem was my 16 gb stick,my supplier tells me there have been some problems with them and mine was 1 of them