15th Anniversary edition of Gran Turismo 6 announced

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gran-Turismo-6-Invite.jpg
Sony has announced a 15th Anniversary Edition upgrade for Gran Turismo 6. Pre-ordering the $60 PlayStation 3 racing sim at GameStop will automatically give you the anniversary upgrade bonuses, which includes 20 cars, custom paint chips, a race suit and helmet, PSN avatar, and "a copy of Beyond the Apex II app."
Yes, that's right, just pre-ordering Gran Turismo 6 at $60, the price it is anyway, will get you all of the 15th anniversary bonuses. Pretty good deal if you ask me. Especially if you were already going to buy the game in the first place.

For those that can't do Gamestop, you can do Amazon. There they will give a $1,000,000 credit (in-game, of course),so you can purchase whatever in-game car you want to.
Here is the bonuses you'll get if you get the 15th anniversary pre-order edition:
20 exclusive cars
  • BMW Z4 GT3 '11
  • Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13
  • Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14
  • Tesla Model S Signature Performance '13
  • Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale '11
  • Alpine A110 1600S '68
  • Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10
  • Audi R8 LMS ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) #3 '12
  • Ford Focus ST '13
  • Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 '13
  • Honda weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) '11
  • KTM X-BOW R
  • Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 '11
  • Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08
  • Lotus Europa (type54) '68
  • Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11
  • Renault Sport Megane Trophy V6 Race Car '11
  • SRT Viper GTS '13
  • TRD 86 Racing '08
  • Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Race Car '08
Custom paint chips
A race suit
A helmet
PSN avatar
A copy of "Beyond the Apex II" app

:arrow: Source

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty good deal if you already planned on getting the game, and likely the push some people would have needed to pre-order it. It's nice to see the user not have to pay extra to celebrate a game series living for 15 years.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
So preordering the game removes the challenge of building your way up to the better cars? No thanks.

When I play a racing sim, I want to start off with shitty cars, upgrade and tune and then earn money to get better cars. Where's the fun if I already have many fast cars from the start?

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So preordering the game removes the challenge of building your way up to the better cars? No thanks.

When I play a racing sim, I want to start off with shitty cars, upgrade and tune and then earn money to get better cars. Where's the fun if I already have many fast cars from the start?

Consider this: No one's forcing you to use them. It'll have the usual "shitty cars" from the start too.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia

Yeah that is a common thing with pre-order dlc that I hate these days, they often supply you with items that kill the challenge of the game, whether it be overpowered weapons, power ups or some other items. I really don't see the sense or value in it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah that is a common thing with pre-order dlc that I hate these days, they often supply you with items that kill the challenge of the game, whether it be overpowered weapons, power ups or some other items. I really don't see the sense or value in it.

Yet there are still games where I have to unlock things for multiplayer.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
Consider this: No one's forcing you to use them. It'll have the usual "shitty cars" from the start too.

How about the Amazon preorder that gives you 1mil credits? It's not like you'd just let the money sit there and not upgrade your car.

People are becoming lazy as shit, even in gaming. Nobody wants to earn anything, they just want to have everything.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a short cut pack to unlock cars that are already in the game, hmmm willing to bet it is code then. Don't wanna use it?, sell it to a friend or else where.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is a short cut pack to unlock cars that are already in the game, hmmm willing to bet it is code then. Don't wanna use it?, sell it to a friend or else where.

I can fairly safely say that if a friend offered to sell or buy such a code then they would not be my friend any longer.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can fairly safely say that if a friend offered to sell or buy such a code then they would not be my friend any longer.

Why? Eventually it will be available for official sale anyways. Forza, need for speed ect, all have done this before. They give away a shortcut pack with so many copies and within 30-90 days start selling it official through psn/xbmarket/stream.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why? Eventually it will be available for official sale anyways. Forza, need for speed ect, all have done this before. They give away a shortcut pack with so many copies and within 30-90 days start selling it official through psn/xbmarket/stream.

Sorry I thought we were still discussing the credits preorder. DLC cars and extras I can see being sold/traded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.