1593 - Gakkou no Kaidan Hyakuyoubako no Fuuin (J)

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
top_left1.gif
top_left.gif
1593 - Gakkou no Kaidan Hyakuyoubako no Fuuin
top_right_new.gif
screens.gif
1593_1.PNG
1593_2.PNG
[/p]
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
info.gif
Release Group:CaravanSave Type:EEPROM_V124ROM Size:64MbitFilename:cvn-gkhf.zipRegion:JapanPublisher:TDKLanguage(s):JapaneseROM Serial:AGB-BGHJ-JPN
horiz_trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is the Ghost Story game I was talking about, "School Ghost Story: Seal of the Hyakuyou Box".

The player is attending a summer school. Now and then, he is troubled by the ghosts and demons that are haunting the school after having their seal undone. Now it's up to the player to return peace to the school.

- Player can choose to be a girl or boy.
- Over 100 horrifying and helpful demons.
- Receive horror news to your mobile.
- Take ghost pictures with your mobile's digital camera.

http://www.core.tdk.co.jp/cjgam01/game05/gam01600.asp

- Edit -
Warning: May contain images that are considered disturbing to some.

NeoBahamut

Dragon King of GBATemp
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
It's interesting.... but i can't play it without really understanding japanese... it's more of a text game and find object game

some pictures that the character takes can be a bit disturbing... but it's cool

-Bahamut Unsummoned-

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
some pictures that the character takes can be a bit disturbing... but it's cool
Haven't tried it out yet but despite all the demons being Anime style, the ghost pictures you take are done by actors. Some of them are pretty disturbing. There's around 50 to find. You can see one at the top of the official site and another towards the bottom.

Busy working on the second FMA guide right now.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, this game sounds fun. And isnt disturbing what most horror/ghost type games are about?
tongue.gif

I wish this was in english, it looks very fun. Despite the cute charectors mixed with the disturbing ghost pictures. But heck, on a GBA this should look and play rather well :3

X_comp, that guide fo Get Ride AMDriver helped me alot, but I still want to try and make hacks for some of these Japanese games.
But still, I lack tools and practice I need to make usefull hacks. If someone could point me toward maby a tutorial or example of GBA tranlation hacks then uh, please PM me. I really want to get into that, though I probly wouldnt do to well without understanding Japanese at all, but Im still wanna try some seroius GBA hacking >;3

Anyway, Id play this game just to check out the disturbing ghost pictures, knowing what Im doing or not
tongue.gif
. Its like Pokemon with disturbing ghost pictures, how is that not likeable? lol
Im downloading this as soon as I can :3

Edit: for those who like ghost stuff, an afterburner kit should help the whole scaryness of the game I bet. With all the cute pictures, you need to be more disturbed by the ghost pictures. But I still need to try this
tongue.gif
looks real fun still
tongue.gif
(and I wont understand a dang thing of it lol)

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wasn't it so that game developers would boost a system's performance when there's a new system in the pipeline? Just so the old system can get one more sales peak? Well, it just looks like the GBA will go on for another 3 years when looking at the last couple of releases....
mad.gif

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Heh, finally got round to trying it.

First, the game lacks Kanji so it's aimed for children. Kind of obvious with the Anime demons despite being able to take some spine chilling photos.

A stevenson screen gets struck by lightning and a mysterious boy appears. All the demons inside his book are let loose and now they're haunting the school. You agree to help him gather all 100 back in again. So you walk around and hear a ringing sound coming from the flowerbed (screenshot). It turns out to be one of the demons, a modern day mobile who decides to give you a hand along the way.

A bit of AVG in the game. As you find new demons or meet new characters, you get choices in how to respond. Then there's a mix of mini games to play to capture the more friendly demons. As for the more violent ones, I've only come across some Ogres (Oni) where I had to use the mobile demon so far. It flew into its ear and rang inside it until it surrendered...

Apart from that, there's the eerie pictures you can take. You only keep ones where there's demons in them. I went to the place where you burn rubbish and took one with some animal demons in it.

Pretty fun game.

So, can you play this without knowing Japanese? I'd say you can once you've got started and know what the basic commands are.

stivsama

GBA-Tenchan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is actually a fun anime to begin with, especially with that hot Momoko
laugh.gif

Do all 5 of the main characters appear here? ANd does it follow the storyline like, the Amanojakou-something-or-other cat? That's the hook, isn't it? Kiddie "Freakyn" Horror??
ph34r.gif
laugh.gif

Oh, and I highly recommend a one-time listen to the intro and end songs, they're especially.. profound in a quirky sort of way, like all things japanese so appropriately are.. Yep.
cool.gif

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's an Anime...? So it is! Anyone interested can look up the name "Gakkou no Kaidan". It looks like a few episodes have been subbed. You can visit the official Japanese site here:

http://pierrot.jp/title/kaidan/

For some reason, the site's late update was supposedly back in 2001.

I don't know the Anime so I don't know if the other characters make an appearance or not. I haven't even played the game that long. Just tried it out. The main character you play is nameless and can be a boy or girl.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.