1573 - Digicommunication 2 Datou Black Gemagem (J)

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Â
top_left.gif
1573 - Digicommunication 2 Datou Black Gemagemadan
j.gif
top_right_new.gif
1573.PNG
Â
1573-2.PNG
[/p]
middle_bar.gif
Release Group:
ROM Size:
Languages:
[/p] Caravan
128 MBits
Japan
Japanese
Save Type:
Filename:
Publisher:
ROM Serial:
[/p] EEPROM_V124
cvn-dijico2.zip
Broccoli
AGB-BDKJ-JPN
Â
bottom_bar.gif

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Read the link in x_comps post, it's yet another game based off an anime show/manga, the previous game was fun.

This game is looking pretty good so far... I struggle to get past the start screen simply because I love listening to the theme tune (with full vocals!)... the presentation is top notch.

x_comp you wanna help me get my head around the basics of the card system by any chance? Any hints or help would be appreciated.

smile.gif

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This game is looking pretty good so far... I struggle to get past the start screen simply because I love listening to the theme tune (with full vocals!)... the presentation is top notch.

x_comp you wanna help me get my head around the basics of the card system by any chance? Any hints or help would be appreciated.
Oh yeah, the simulation looks a lot more lively than the first.

I'm working on a guide right now. You can find the one I wrote last night based on the demo on GameFAQs now. It goes through the card system and the gameplay cycle. Probably have it updated by tonight.

L

LioConvey

It is like yugioh game.
Each game have a goal: (e.g 150,000 yen) or 500 customers.
Very interesting.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xcomp - Wow, you typed up all that in one day? Good job man! Great guide, lol and I thought I was starting to get to grips with the game last night... the card system is a lot deeper than I thought.

Couple of questions though... firstly you say that there isn't stock management in this, so what is the screen you encounter later on with various items (inc. a GBA, food, flowers etc...) for? You can select items from a menu and put them onto the shelves. Does this affect the sales/attract more customers or anything? I'm just wondering what it's all about...

The other thing is saving... the first saved quite regulary and had a little saving sign but in this after playing past the tutorial bit and past that stock screen I mentioned above the game still hadn't seemed to saved. ~ When I turn off my GBA I see a save has been made but it's like starting the game fresh and I have to go through the tutorial bits again. I patched the rom and everything so I think it'[s just not saving in game... it's annoying playing through the tutorial bit time and time again.

Anyway keep up the great work bud.

smile.gif

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There really is no stock management like in the first game. As for those items you can purchase after the prologue, I just got to that part today. They help boost your popularity and the total amount of money you have. Usually just a +1 for popularity and +100 for money.

As for saving, I haven't come across any opportunities to save in the game yet. After I beat the Black Gemas and reset the ROM, there's no option to load. Dejiko asks for my name again so I guess it never did save the progress....

It's odd but this isn't the first time we're having save problems with dumps by Caravan. BB Ball didn't save properly either.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think they're an Asian group because they seem to only dump Asian stuff including Japanese PC games (and I'm not talking about those games btw).

Well, this game really doesn't seem to save. You get a chance to save once you played through and completed the last episode. But even then, the saved data isn't kept when you reset the game. Already tried patching and changing the save type. Doesn't seem to work either way.

Ah well, have to stick with VBA's quick save.

Sabotenboy

Trophies
XP
Country
If you switch save type from "Auto" to "EEPROM" in VBA and then restart, this game will save normally.
You will see Japanese saving message from time to time
smile.gif

Still can't save with flash carts though...

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Really? Must try. Maybe the CG Gallery can be unlocked properly now and I can make my guide more complete.

- Edit -

Wow, it works! Thanks Saboten! The settings are Save Type -> EEPROM, Flash 64K and everything will work properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn