1548 - DragonBall Z: Supersonic Warriors (U)

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
top_left1.gif
top_left.gif
1548 - DragonBall Z: Supersonic Warriors
top_right_new.gif
screens.gif
1548_1.PNG
1548_2.PNG
[/p]
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
info.gif
Release Group:Rising SunSave Type:EEPROM_V124ROM Size:128MbitFilename:rs-dbzsw.zipRegion:USAPublisher:AtariLanguage(s):EnglishROM Serial:AGB-AZJE-USA
horiz_trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif
trans_bar.gif

aj1288

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i'm not a big fan of DBZ but this is alright, personally the best dbz fighting game was on the snes. It was made by bandai name known as dbz hypers dimension. Bandai should port it to the gba, its better than these new games that don't deliver.

jeffkong

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are a few differences in this one than in the Japanese one.

The title song is replaced by another one. In my opinion a worse song.
The voices are changed to that of the english dubbed DBZ series voices.
and of course now all the text is in english, and the title is different.

Everything else is, from what I can see, exactly the way it was in the Japanese version.

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
is it just me or are all dbz games the same? i mean i've seen a couple of them but it's always some mk like side view fighting game... i would still prefer DB... that z ruined a lot
laugh.gif

hulkamaniak

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
dbz games are shit man, i dont know who would like this crappy fighting game, fully if i saw goku walking down the street with his gay hair i would chuck a brick at him, don makavelli said this game is good, well ima chuck some flour all over him then we will hate eachother, and i would cum on his pillow and make his sleep on the wet spot, sorry but i just hate this game so much, im going to put it on my flash card, then burn by flash card, delete this gay game into my recycling bin then f'n burn the recycling bin, im discusted they even dumped this poor excuse of a game

L

LioConvey

This game is a god-sent compared to the previous DBZ fighting game.

However, I quite disappointed that they rip the opening theme.

Zap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it just me or are all dbz games the same? i mean i've seen a couple of them but it's always some mk like side view fighting game... i would still prefer DB... that z ruined a lot
laugh.gif
DUDE!!! You just pulled all those words outa my mouth!!!
blink.gif

Honestly, I haven't yet seen a good game from the Dragon Ball franchise. Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, Dragon Ball GT..... whatever they are... their games are just unbearble in my opinion. The anime is rich and deep, the games just feel like it doesn't justify the series. Even though I must add that games do have limitations, and I don't blame the programmers for trying to exploit the franchise.

Honestly, has anyone think of doing a Dragon Ball RGP? I mean OLD DRAGON BALL. No Z or GT. I know that would remind people of the horrible games on the GBA that is RPG. Lets see, think of the hybrid of these: FF8 fighting technique(as in, you press certain button combos and speed and agility counts and stuff like that in real time), Golden Sun graphics, Storyline should go along the line of the original Dragonball Series.
smile.gif
Of course, the comical ingredient should NEVER be omitted.
laugh.gif
If such a game exists... I would be SO happy.

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Great. Now the DBZ fans here can enjoy those "IF" stories
biggrin.gif

There was a lot of DB games back in the earlier days released for both the NES and the SNES. It's true a lot of them were beat-em-ups but there were a few exceptions. I remember playing one based on the first half of DBZ where you used cards to battle it out on the NES. There was also an RPG later on the SNES that covered the first DragonBall Saga and it was pretty good. The usual RPG elements were in it. Walking around on maps fighting random battles, gaining experience to level-up and items. I can't remember the name but you started off with young Goku and Bulma.

Once again, there were no English versions (unless there were patches for them). But Anime and Japanese games weren't as common in English back then as they are getting now.

Anyway, looking alright so far but I prefer "Head Cha La" over the rock tune they've slipped in. Voice effects are changed to the English ones like Jeffkong says. Dialogue wise, they're close enough.

Goku: With a little hardwork, even a low life can surprise you.
Vegeta: Ha, ha, ha... Don't waste your breath. You'll need it in battle!

Japanese Version:

Goku: ...Even a low life may surpass an elite if they work hard with all their effort.
Vegeta: Ha, ha, ha... What a joke. Then I shall show you the wall that can't be surpassed with hard work alone!!

The game's still too easy with Piccolo's homing energy balls
laugh.gif
Still, I prefer this one over the SNES one with Majin Buu in it. There's more ways to avoid those "super" moves and the environment's more dynamic.

Hasnt this been released already??

Looks different to what they had planned but still looks alright.
Yes, but it was the Japanese version (No. 1427).

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Amazing...when this was released in his Japanese version everyone said this was the way a DBZ game should be.

The NA version comes out and your all bashing it. Whoa o.o'

Garouken

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i'm not a big fan of DBZ but this is alright, personally the best dbz fighting game was on the snes. It was made by bandai name known as dbz hypers dimension. Bandai should port it to the gba, its better than these new games that don't deliver.
yeah
biggrin.gif

that one was bad ass :|

but also realy hard ^^
the only thing i didnt liked about it was the way you moved in the air
tongue.gif

it was to damn hard
mad.gif

i have already finished this game ^^ (japanse version)
now i am gonne play it again and understand everything also
biggrin.gif

Washudoll

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Damn they should add a option where you can choose original voices.

If the japanese version had only a option to select english text, like sonic advance games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk