1540 - Donkey Kong Country 2 (E)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Jun 18, 2004.

Jun 18, 2004
  1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    [​IMG][​IMG]1540 - Donkey Kong Country 2 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][/p][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Release Group:MRNSave Type:EEPROM_V124ROM Size:64MbitFilename:dkc2-mrn.zipRegion:EuropePublisher:RareLanguage(s):English, Français, Deutsch, Italiano, EspañolROM Serial:AGB-B2DP-EUR[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. matt1freek

Member matt1freek GBAtemp Fan

United States
    euro first ? i feel so violated [​IMG]

3. TonyCool

Member TonyCool GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    No images... does this looks as good as the original SNES title or crappy awful as the first GBA port?

4. Mamemaster

Newcomer Mamemaster Member

United States
    I want the game "Images up soon". That seems better than Barbie or Thunder Alley anyday!

MameMaster! [​IMG]

5. obake

Member obake Advanced Member

United States
    Hey, slick! I always loved DKC!

6. XeRo9009

Newcomer XeRo9009 Member

United States
    Actually the US version won't be out for another 6 monthes (in my opinion is ridiculous).
    TonyCool: They didn't screw up the sprites like in the last DKC port...
    Here are some screens: http://www.dkvine.com/news/gallery.php?g=d...dkc2gba/screens

I've been waiting a long time for this release... gonna see what other stuff Rare thrown in that wasn't in the original game. [​IMG]

7. Dais

Banned Dais Banned

United States
    I'm tempted to play through this, just because the original DKC2's music was some of the best on the SNES.......but I'm afraid of what GBA-ization might have done to "Disco Train" and the awesome mines theme.....

8. bolton2

Member bolton2 bolton2

United States
    oh well, this si why its good they realeas roms in all countries at different times, cause when you get thema ll for free as long as its in english who the heck will complain [​IMG]...of cours eim still finishing up mother2 adn such so ill have to wait about a week before this goes on with mario golf when it comes out lol

edit: too lazy to fix type os i type fast deal wiht it [​IMG]

9. solarsaturn9

solarsaturn9 Newbie

YAY! It's my favorite DK game! I love the music in this game..... just another to add to my game collection [​IMG]

10. Lynx The Dark

Member Lynx The Dark GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm a HUGE DKC fan, I love all 3 equally but I hate the fact that Nintendo completely ruined DKC for GBA in terms of visuals, what pissed me off even more was when this one editor at EGM said something along the lines of:

"This looked cool back in the day but now it's bad"

Well DUDE The original SNES DKC games still look COOL, all 3 of them look awesome for 2D Platformers so get your facts straight next time you decide to write a review in a gaming mag [​IMG] Well I haven't seen what this game looks like maybe they didn't butcher the graphics this time, but I think they did, should have checked GameSpot or something before posting this.

11. GoodKupo

Member GoodKupo It Was Me!

United States
    It doesnt sceem that any1 has it on #gbatemp.
    Maybe some do but they wont share.
    From the sceenshot i would say the graphics is wroster than the Snes version.

12. Dais

Banned Dais Banned

United States
    Er, I would say that the editor is agreeing with your point that the GBA graphics are badly done.....but hey, if you want to say he's stupid when he's thinking the same thing as you, I can't say I'm going to argue with where that leads.

13. Lynx The Dark

Member Lynx The Dark GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Dude he said that the game looked the same on the SNES as it does on GBA, maybe I didn't make it clear enough in my first post.

He could have said that the SNES version was better looking and the GBA Graphics have been downgraded but he treated both games as if they look the same. Obviously he forgot what the original DKC games really looked like and thought that this is what they looked like and said that at the time it THESE GRAPHICS seemed good to him.

BTW this looks like crap as well.

14. bandidoquest

Member bandidoquest GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    hey, I luv DKC games, I'm trying it right now

15. kutabare

Newcomer kutabare akutareguchi

United Kingdom
    It was released today along with the shitty Tribal SP.

16. Z_Hunter

Member Z_Hunter APF

United States
    YES! I love Donkey Kong Country! I have the SNES game but I never beat it because it was too hard...now I can play with save states!

17. CharlieF

Member CharlieF GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think the sound engine has been revamped since the last game. Anybody else think so?

18. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    I noticed a few music changes as well...and I like the new intro movie too...though I find it weird they're talking about DK being kidnapped so Diddy does the thing ALL HEROES MUST DO!!! HE JUGGLES!

[​IMG]

19. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    This doesn't look nearly as bad as the first DKC port. I think they've pulled up their socks and pushed out a much nicer port this time around. It does sound a little different too, CharlieF. I'll have to play some more and see if I can pinpoint it.

20. berlinka

Member berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    Man I love you guys! Always in for a surprise. I was just going to go to my bed. Well tomorrow the sun will shine when I awake cause DK is in town! Brrrrrrrrrrraaaaahahahaa