1498 - FM V. 20 Ganbare Goemon Karakuri Doucyu (J)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, May 25, 2004.

1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    [​IMG] 1498 - Famicom Mini - Vol 20 - Ganbare Goemon! Karakuri Douchuu JAPAN 32Mbit (Hyperion)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Language: Japanese.
    Save Type: EEPROM_V124[/p]

2. Dais

Banned Dais Banned

United States
    It's depressing that no one has posted here, considering that Ganbare Goemon is one of the best fucking game series ever.

3. Harkan

Member Harkan Advanced Member

Sweden
    Ganbara Goemon , wasnt that game about a spiky hair ninja and a peeping tom fat ninja

4. Shrooom

Newcomer Shrooom Member

United States
    Seriously, I mean, I wasn't too surprised that no one knows what this game is; konami pretty much stopped making sequels, and then they went ahead and introduced Neo Goemon, which turns the series into a generic-anime clone (Ebisumaru is a gir O_O). Unfortunately, if you try to play the great games in the series, namely the Super Famicom ones in an emulator, if you save and load everything messes up; some weird error that I'VE never found any information about. Also try out the N64 ones; the 3d one isn't bad, but the sidescrolling one is awesome; too bad it doesn't work on any emulator either.

Anyway, I cannot remember off the top of my head, is this the first goemon for the famicom, or the gaiden/rpg series?

5. SMN

Member SMN GBAtemp Fan

United States
    these famicom mini series, I don't think can be played on emulator

6. Dais

Banned Dais Banned

United States
    I'm pretty sure this is the first, doesn't look like the RPG series.

Yeah, the SNES save state thing is an absolute bitch, especially with the third and fourth game. Some games just don't have the best programming.

It's kind of sad that the last real Goemon game was that action-RPG for the PS2 that Sony turned down a stateside release of....then again, it was going to be "translated" by Working Designs, whose general approach to translation is akin to the way people amputated legs before the concept of surgery was invented.

Personally, I've been dying to play the PSX ones, since they look great, and are essentially unattainable these days...

7. mooiweer

Member mooiweer GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    (no one posted here??) you are the big fan so enjoy your first post!

8. face_kicker

Member face_kicker GBAtemp Fan

Wow...talk about one lonely fan. Dude...if you like it fine, you don't have to curse or be a bitch about it. If you like, the more the better for you. Enjoy it, don't belittle the rest that know nothing about it or couldn't care less.