Gaming 1461 - Chronos Twin - One Hero in Two Time (E)(UD)

roguetrip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its dumped, any good? i got it, just haven't played it yet. Is this a follow up to chronotrigger? I guess i should go look at the hadrians release list.

SaltyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks to be dumped. However, it looks like a horridly crappy Rockman ripoff. Looks like a game that was developed for the GBA and then at the last moment stretched to fit the DS screen. Utter filth!

DSGRIM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AGH I checked like 6 sites for the rip and even checked to see if gba temp said it was dumped. so far nada.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It IS dumped. I'm playing it on my DS right now. It's only an 8meg game. I'm not expecting much. Right now it's going through some story blah-blah.

DOH! Accidentally reset the game trying to skip the stupid story crap.
rolleyes.gif

If you know me, you know I don't make up crap about releases.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had heard this game was crap awhile ago from hands-ons and stuff. And I also heard/saw some of the animations are stolen from other games...I don't know why people were looking forward to this game.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dual-screened platformer is what it is. Seems quite a bit like Megaman in a dual simultaneous time-line. The action is on both screens and you have to keep looking back and forth between the 2 screens to avoid/blast obstacles and enemies.

Y and A jump....for either screen. B and X are for firing in the individual screens. B for bottom, X for top.

I don't see how they possibly expected to pull this game off on the GBA. It screams DS game.

As far as I've played at this point, it's kind of interesting to see what kind of stuff they'll come up with between the 2 screens since you run through both at the same time, but it doesn't seem very impressive. I've just been running and jumping with a couple shots fired hear and there so far. I don't think this game is all that great, but then again, I just started messing with it. Hopefully it gets better. I'm thinking "meh" about this game right now.

I was always more of a Turrican fan than I was of Megaman.

A dual-screened Turrican.......now that would be nice......but I digress.

DSGRIM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dual-screened platformer is what it is. Seems quite a bit like Megaman in a dual simultaneous time-line. The action is on both screens and you have to keep looking back and forth between the 2 screens to avoid/blast obstacles and enemies.

Y and A jump....for either screen. B and X are for firing in the individual screens. B for bottom, X for top.

I don't see how they possibly expected to pull this game off on the GBA. It screams DS game.Â

As far as I've played at this point, it's kind of interesting to see what kind of stuff they'll come up with between the 2 screens since you run through both at the same time, but it doesn't seem very impressive. I've just been running and jumping with a couple shots fired hear and there so far. I don't think this game is all that great, but then again, I just started messing with it. Hopefully it gets better. I'm thinking "meh" about this game right now.

I was always more of a Turrican fan than I was of Megaman.

A dual-screened Turrican.......now that would be nice......but I digress.
This guy proved me wrong.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its nice to finally see it, it was due for GBA in 2002 though with each delay I looked forward to it less and less and now I don't care.

I'll give it a try later, some previews said it played well others said it didn't but you can't really trust what others say about games nowadays.

Cronorei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to say, the font is ugly and the characters look like Akira Toriyama rips, so far as the style and bodies go and how Toriyama normally draws aliens. Especially the eyebrows (well at least the style he set into in the later parts of DBZ, not Dragonball/Dr. Slump)

Also the jumping is fairly clunky and shooting a bit off.

I'd play the new Megaman ZX game instead if you want this type of game.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well its not bad, nothing spectacular. Its a shame you can't skip the cut scenes.

Played three levels, nothing much happened in them and it was kinda annoying having to look at each screen everytime you make a step.

When this was to be released on the GBA it was split screen and would've worked better as you could see them together but on the DS it was just annoying having to look up and down each time.

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
GBA split-screen would've sucked; too compressed.

This game reeks of amateur-skillz. Highly repetitive action. And the dual happenings thing isn't all it's cracked up to be; basically UN-superimposing what we'd see in a generic, side-scrolling shmup. It would've been better if falling down a pit on EITHER side killed you, but then with such crap level design that would've made this game tougher than Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts.

Gifted1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HORRIBLE game. I dont know why I was expecting this to be soo much better. I've seen NES games look better than this game lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night