Status
Not open for further replies.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could understand the killing part (not saying it's not 100% wrong and evil), but why would he also rape her?..

Also, as others have stated, he could have used any weapon. The "gun" is not the reason he did this. Recently at a university in Texas a man stabbed 14+ people with a knife.

In other news, spoons are making people eat and get fat.

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No cause you can find that anywhere. Leave the guns where they belong and that's definitely not near a child.

How do you know that the gun wasn't locked up, and he found for saw where the responsible parent had hidden the key. Sometimes the American news media likes to twist the truth or report half truths.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I had guns when I was a kid, and access to more guns. Whats the big deal? Oh, your not American so you wouldn't understand. The kid could have use a steak knife, the tool he used is not the question here, it's what he did .

If he had used a steak knife or ball bat would you be asking the same question?
He wouldn't have the strength to stab her to death and I doubt he would've had the balls to do it in the first place too. Stabbing someone takes a lot more mentally than just pulling a trigger.
Kids having access to guns is wrong no matter where you come from, dangerous items should never be handled by children, even less something that is designed to actually kill . There's no sane argument you can make to state otherwise.

And before you start asking me about gun control:
Tighter gun control in the US is too late to implement, there's already a ton of weapons floating around. But If there was strict regulation of guns in the first place then crimerates in the US would without a doubt be lower.

inb4 guncontorlthread

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well gee, he sure didn't want to wait to grow up before he ruined his life.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
This kid is old enough to know not to point a gun at somebody, don't put blame of this on the gun or the parents in a general term. Like I said above, the parents should have know of their childs instability. Maybe the kid was on medication or something for his instability, which only made him more unstable. I'm my opinion he deserves to be executed by the state.
So... By what you say they had an unstable son with medication and they give him a gun when he was 11 but they don't deserve the blame? Seriously?
Of course nobody is blaming the gun itself. It's the parents giving their 11 years old son a gun.
Btw, I don't give a crap if you had weapons and that I'm not american. For your "american weapons" your country is the #1 in shootings in schools, that's all I need to know.

Reactions: Sicklyboy

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saying, one of the parents bought the gun, then he (or she) is probably responsible gun owner, especially if they bought a gun for the kid, but we all know that you need to be 18 years old to own a gun, so the gun actually wasn't his but was his parents gun. Buying a gun isn't like buying a gallon of milk, there is some red tape to go thru, guns aren't hanging on hanging on the shelf next to the condoms. How or why the kid had the gun at that moment will probably never be revealed. All it take is 1 knife entry to kill a person and probably doesn't require much strength to do that, and if the kid said "something came over me" then he probably wasn't in the right mind at the time of his crimes, which could have made a knife attack likely if the gun wasn't around.

So... By what you say they had an unstable son with medication and they give him a gun when he was 11 but they don't deserve the blame? Seriously?
Of course nobody is blaming the gun itself. It's the parents giving their 11 years old son a gun.
Btw, I don't give a crap if you had weapons and that I'm not american. For your "american weapons" your country is the #1 in shootings in schools, that's all I need to know.

You are twisting what I posted, ogo back and read my posts. Who are you going to blame that the 13 year old had a gun. Are you saying the parents handed him the gun and told him to do what he wants with it? I don't think you even know what happened there, all you know is what you read. Now this is about school shootings?

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Who the fuck buys their kids a gun? You're giving them a fully loaded weapon that has the potential to kill everyone in their vicinity, for what purpose? Kids don't like "hunting deer", nor are they going to be the ones "fighting off intruders". Are people actually that stupid? I mean, nerf guns, paintball, airsoft etc, are probably fine, they don't have the potential to seriously harm someone. But actual firearms? Really? What type of parenting is that?

And because of the lack of parenting, you have a psychotic child that commits matricide.

Bake

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
How do you know that the gun wasn't locked up, and he found for saw where the responsible parent had hidden the key. Sometimes the American news media likes to twist the truth or report half truths.

Because the report says it wasn't locked up.

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is it the position of any non American in this thread to say anything about legal gun ownership in America? Especially you Ron, I remember back in the early 90's, when your government voted to disarm it's people (HR2510 I believe), you all just roll over and take it in the rear, lol.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How is it the position of any non American in this thread to say anything about legal gun ownership in America?

Because we live in a world based upon international movement and competing ideologies and this forum represents a selection of that? Surely part of that is lining up different ways of interpreting existence (in this case something that is variable within the borders of a country no less) and discussing their relative merits.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...just what we all need, more fuel for the "VIDJA GAEMS ARE EVUL N SHOOD BE E LEEGAL" arguments again

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
She was the one who bought the .22 caliber Ruger as a present for Noah in 2010 when he was about 11 years old.

Tsk tsk.. bad parent. Oh boy. Sorry about family getting through this difficult. They have my sympathy.

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
How is it the position of any non American in this thread to say anything about legal gun ownership in America? Especially you Ron, I remember back in the early 90's, when your government voted to disarm it's people (HR2510 I believe), you all just roll over and take it in the rear, lol.
Precisely because we're non-American and have what we call a "broader perspective" on the subject. We're not directly involved in the issue - we're merely observers, which makes us more objective.

Have you considered the fact that the U.S.A is no longer the Wild West, The Frontier is gone, the Cowboys of the olden days are gone, you are under no threat of invasion of European "superpowers" wishing to regain their colonies, there are no Native Americans whom you pissed off to the point of them wanting to burn down your towns and take your scalps left and due to all those reasons, the current gun ownership legislature is outdated by several centuries? Literally all the reasons why the Founding Fathers introduced such lenient gun policies are gone and outdated legislature needs to be updated, it's as simple as that.

Also, as Gahars said, not the best thread to discuss those issues.

SuzieJoeBob

NOT a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm quite sure that's all you need to read to realize how fucked up that family was.
inb4 it doesn't matter it's all vidya's fault

Yeah, this is what happens when the media fucks around with these "diseases". ADD is such an excuse to drug kids it's stupid.
Everyone uses either Autism, ADD, ADHD, or Gangsta Rap as the "disease" (excuse) of choice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Your title is wrong. He didn't rape her.

Edit: And the boy was 13, not 14.

The source says the following

The jury in the murder trial of an Iowa teenager heard on Wednesday a disturbing 911 call in which the 13-year-old suspect admitted to killing his own mother after a failed attempt to rape her.

Try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)