OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
13-Sentinels-Aegis-Rim.jpg

Me being the dirty weeaboo that I am, went in to get my copy of 13 Sentinels from Vannilaware and the mad lads have done, it's a fucking masterpiece. I spent 10 hours on Saturday finishing this off.

I'm going to get too much into the story but it's interesting and keeps you wondering what's going. It batshit insane good. I was absolutely hooked on it.

The gameplay is a mix of standard Vanillaware 2D which somewhat akin to a visual novel as the emphasis is on the story. The aspect is the RTS minimalist mech combat which is as the kids say pretty fucking dope AF.

The game is stunning, I think this is the prettiest 2D game I've seen at this point.
13-Sentinels-Aegis-Rim_08-07-20.jpg

13-Sentinels-Aegis-Rim-08-07-2020.jpg

Anyone else playing it or am I the only one with taste?

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I WANT MORE PEOPLE TO KNOW THIS GAME EXISTS!!!

I'm super excited to finally get to play the whole thing. Happy to hear someone out there is playing it and enjoying it--haven't had the time to try it myself yet, but I did get to play the demo at E3 once.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

emigre

Deck head
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I WANT MORE PEOPLE TO KNOW THIS GAME EXISTS!!!

I'm super excited to finally get to play the whole thing. Happy to hear someone out there is playing it and enjoying it--haven't had the time to try it myself yet, but I did get to play the demo at E3 once.

It looks like there are only a few people here who have taste.

solit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like there are only a few people here who have taste.
Can I join this cool kids club? :rofl2:

Was looking for a new JRPG to play a while ago and heard a lot of good things about this title. Didn't have a PS4 so there wasn't really much I could do. Then I heard it was going to come out on the Switch and instantly got hyped.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm going to get too much into the story but it's interesting and keeps you wondering what's going. It batshit insane good. I was absolutely hooked on it.
It had better be. The trailers make it look like a bog standard turn based JRPG with schoolgirls that power up their attacks by flashing skin and panty. I'm not saying it isn't good, I'm just saying the trailers aren't doing it any favours.

Yulian_guardsman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Japanese high school is the worst setting and anyone who makes exclusively games set in japanese high school like most of these 3DS era one hit wonder flops are uncreative artists and part of the problem why gaming is in the current dark age to begin with.

Bugmen are a plague and if shitty one offs like this were your only intro to Japanese culture, you would be led to believe that maybe bugmen really do die or get raptured after graduating, leaving nothing more than a husk. Since that is the ONLY setting besides ancient japan, Generic fantasy not D&D land (that you have to die to go to lol), or slums and ghettos these bastards seem to care to make anything in. Chickenshit generic protagonists are the cherry on top.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning