• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

13 Russians, 3 businesses indicted by Mueller/Rosenstein in connection to Trump

• Thread starter Xzi
  • Start date
  • Views 39,392
  • Replies 594
  • Likes 11

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And you're implicating that I, having voted for Trump back in 2016, is automatically labeled as a Trumpist and refuse to listen to logic and reason. Gee, that makes me feel so much better. First I have some baseless punk accuse me of being racist for wanting to have the country have stricter immigration laws to curtail illegal immigration and criminalizing sanctuary cities *cough* California's governor is a dumbass *cough*, and now this. Fantastic.

Edit: What do you suggest I do if I have conservative beliefs but don't want to get ridiculed?
I suggest you to keep an eye on those you are talking with. You just have had bad experiences thus far, but not all liberals trash talk to conservatives, just like not all conservatives trash talk to liberals. As i have said, you are a nice one, but i feel like you always find yourself being persecuted or threatned by others.

For example, i am angaist some comservatives beliefs, but i have nothing wrong with people that follow those belief if they are able enough to respect others that doent follow them. If is respect, i expect the same back.

Also, contain yourself man, dont fall to the insulting game, you are better than that.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sure as hell wouldn't want a Clinton running the country again either.
I dunno if you know this, but Bill Clinton had a 66% approval rating in his last year in office, even after the whole Monica Lewinsky thing

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thus proving that it's immoral and criminal NOT to support liberalism. Gotcha.
... What?...

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
That's not remotely what I said. You need to understand there's a big difference between conservatism and Trumpism, the latter of which has co-opted the former. Conservatives used to be able to reason, negotiate, and get shit done, even with Democrats in charge. Trumpists deny reason and logic, only accepting things as fact when they fit a positive narrative for Trump. Much of the time this involves denying reality altogether.
Ironic that you, one who blindly Hates Trump, would say this. I agree with, and respect some of your points. He's a tool. However I can't believe that the democratic party would fare any better if Hilary would have won. Both had problematic stances. Both had enemies in certain parts of the world. One would have incited a war just to try and hide their wrongdoings. Honestly..

Last edited by Kioku,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one who blindly Hates Trump
I'd argue that someone that hates Trump is anything BUT blind
One would have incited a war just to try and hide their wrongdoings.
I understand the whole "Hillary would be just as bogged down by investigations!" argument, but this?... What wars do you think she would have started? We've already got one unjust war that's murdering civilians in the Middle East, and I doubt she'd end that (but, then, neither is Trump), but I fail to see what other foreign entities she would be even remotely interested in going to war with

Old

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not really irony, and my hatred of Trump is anything but blind.

Yeah, it’s nigh impossible to “blindly” hate the very definition of inhumanity and repulsion. Me and mine - native NYers - have been hip to the dotard’s bullshit for decades.
Unfortunately, between tossing Vlad’s salad and fleecing flyover state racists, he was able to get where he is now. It’s crumbling FAST, though, and has become a source of joy on a near daily basis.

Say, speaking of, I’m sure you’ve heard about Dowd by now, yes? The rats are fleeing the drumpfster fire just as fast as they can, lol, gleefully crushing each OTHER to death in the process. ;)
You know that Bob’s got Stone AND Bannon by the tonsils at this point. Popcorn stocks must be through the ROOF!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno if you know this, but Bill Clinton had a 66% approval rating in his last year in office, even after the whole Monica Lewinsky thing

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

... What?...

Nothing, threads like this are there reason I eschew political debates.

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm just enjoying the shit show American politics have become in the last few years. If anything I hope this wakes people up from the 2 party system.

I know this the people are more divided then ever before. It has become either you are with me or against me mentality and how are you supposed to have ano conversation in that environment?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm just enjoying the shit show American politics have become in the last few years. If anything I hope this wakes people up from the 2 party system.

I know this the people are more divided then ever before. It has become either you are with me or against me mentality and how are you supposed to have ano conversation in that environment?
It's very much intentional, it means Russia was successful in what they set out to do: drive a bigger wedge between Americans on hot-button issues. Thankfully a lot of people aren't biting on the distraction, so Russia can't get away with chemical attacks going unnoticed in the meantime.

Very relevant quote from Captain America Civil War:

"An empire toppled by its enemies can rise again, but one which crumbles from within, that's dead forever." - Helmut Zemo

Last edited by Xzi,

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had to make sure that this was all real. Never seen so much corruption unfolded while seeing checks and balances work so well.

So much shadiness around Trump, makes me wonder how anyone is still supporting him. Let me put it this way, how would have people reacted, if all this happen around Obama?

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Had to make sure that this was all real. Never seen so much corruption unfolded while seeing checks and balances work so well.

So much shadiness around Trump, makes me wonder how anyone is still supporting him. Let me put it this way, how would have people reacted, if all this happen around Obama?
Obama's scandals were a tan suit and dijon mustard, so we can only imagine how many Republican heads would've exploded over emoluments violations, let alone Russia helping to win him elections.

In more recent news, Cambridge Analytica (Trump's digital partners during the election) has had its offices searched in the UK after the warrant was granted:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43522775

"‘You should do it.’ Trump officials encouraged George Papadopoulos’s foreign outreach, documents show."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...af3cdf3f6&tid=sm_tw&__twitter_impression=true

"Guccifer 2.0 unmasking makes it a lot harder for Trump to deny collusion"

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/paxb8z/guccifer-unmasking-trump-russia-collusion

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Don Jon and Old

Old

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obama's scandals were a tan suit and dijon mustard, so we can only imagine how many Republican heads would've exploded over emoluments violations.

Which the Fox cronies and filth like Limbaugh (how is he still alive, btw?) ran with and distorted for years. Purely envy/race-based, in typical Fox style. That's one 'good' thing I can say about the drumpf: everything he touches dies, and the Fox propaganda network's got his greasy little Cheeto fingerprints allllllll over it.
;)

Truly a celebratory day when this vile blob left the mortal coil....

6673b818cb7a32e2e418810bca2df792d4129c22.png

Reactions: Don Jon and Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Xzi,

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trump is pointing fingers
saying he is being biased against
if there is nothing to hide, than why is he crying?

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
'Flynn and his son met with Russian ambassador in 2015'

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/flynn-kislyak-meeting-december-2015

'Lawyer in Trump tower meeting admits to being informant for Moscow'

https://www.axios.com/russian-lawye...ant-a49a4eb4-6116-4978-8268-b064e6fbfd6c.html

Trump also had a phone interview with Fox and Friends yesterday where he becomes completely unglued. Highly recommend watching the whole 30 minutes for entertainment value. Among other things, he admitted during the interview for the first time that Cohen represented him on the Stormy Daniels payoff. Guess it's hard to keep all the lies straight after a while.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I watched the phone interview, it was... Painful
After something like that it's hard to believe anyone will deny that man has Alzheimer's or some form of dementia. His lawyers are definitely going to be scrambling to keep him away from Mueller at all costs. Trump would confess to crimes without even being asked a question.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Today was a big day for developments in the Senate Intelligence Committee's Russia investigation, they've concluded that Russia did work to help Trump win the 2016 election, breaking with the House's findings.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...gence-committee-says-breaking-with-house-gop/

Additionally, Senate transcripts show that Trump Jr. "wanted to collude with Russia."

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-...that-trump-jr-wanted-to-collude-with-russians

"Kremlin used NRA to help funnel money to Trump in 2016"

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kreml...mp-in-2016-says-senate-intelligence-committee

And it's also being reported today that Cambridge Analytica shared data with Russia:

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/...alytica-shared-data-with-russia-whistleblower

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Old and Don Jon

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Mueller today warned that active foreign election/politics meddling is ongoing. He's seeking a lid on inappropriate evidence disclosure to avoid the Russian/foreign tamperers changing tactics to avoid detection. Presumably to put a halt to constant evidence requests from Congress as well.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...rder-protecting-evidence-in-russia-troll-case

bloomberg said:
“The substance of the government’s evidence identifies uncharged individuals and entities that the government believes are continuing to engage in interference operations like those charged in the present indictment,” prosecutors wrote.

Last edited by Xzi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte