13.0 update error

Mr_P

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

experienced issues when upgrading to 13.0 and hopefully its a simple fix. I will try and list what I did etc and I'm sure I'll miss bits of info but hopefully you can help:

0 - followed this YouTube video -
with this guide - https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/updating/
1 - updated atmosphere to 1.1.1, hekate to 5.6.3 with nyx 1.08 and used the new fusee.bin
2 - put them all into the relevant folders and replaced files when asked
3 - edited the hekate.ipl to remove the syscfw option but used the text in the guide to update my old one
4 - updated the stock firmware to 13.0 via Nintendo
5 - boot into emummc

Booted up back into hekate and i get a black screen after i launch emummc and it stays there. It used to work before the upgrade (think it was 10.X or 11). Things to note or that I have tried after:

1 - I do get an error of sd card in 1 bit mode, but that hasn't stopped it working before this
2 - I have deleted the atmosphere folder and replaced with the one that came in the github release
3 - have put the latest sig patches in from here
4 - didn't update the atmosphere firmware via choidujour like i have done before
5 - booting to fusee.bin (via tegra or through payloads) results in "fatal error in fusee - could not mount SD card"

I managed to get the Nintendo logo appear but then goes to black screen after again - left for an hour and still no change.

apologies as some of this will be covered but I have looked at so many posts and just cant see a solution from what I've tried. Anything i have missed i apologise for and hopefully I could resolve it without losing all the data again.

Last edited by Mr_P,

Mr_P

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
And how did you solve it ?
Other could maybe find your solution usefull
Like this - honestly I will stress it just worked after, so id say it was the folder stuff. other thing i did was to take the panel off and wedge the sd card reader in place which means it was a bad connection between the socket and board connector :cry: but it runs at full speed now too.

See below for the folder side of it:

PLEASE MAKE A COMPLETE BACKUP OF THE SD FIRST JUST IN CASE :D

• renamed the atmosphere, boot loader & switch folders on the root of the SD card by adding "old_" in front of the name ( so old_atmosphere, etc)

• Added the atmosphere, hekate & signature patches to the SD card from the downloaded files you got from Github i assume

• Put fusee.bin in to the payloads folder inside the boot loader folder

• Make sure the hekate_ipl.ini file is inside the bootloader folder

• Booted the switch with TegraRCM using the hekate 5.6.3 bin file and went from there
After that I added some of the stuff back I needed like the .nro files for the apps I use and the payloads etc. I am no expert though so I don't know what other things may need to be set up again - for example if you used incognito or 90nds etc. For me I think it was the fact I merged the folders initially and it caused a problem

Thanks for the reminder to post this btw :yayswitch:

Reactions: Kallrkyle

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

experienced issues when upgrading to 13.0 and hopefully its a simple fix. I will try and list what I did etc and I'm sure I'll miss bits of info but hopefully you can help:

0 - followed this YouTube video -
with this guide - https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/updating/
1 - updated atmosphere to 1.1.1, hekate to 5.6.3 with nyx 1.08 and used the new fusee.bin
2 - put them all into the relevant folders and replaced files when asked
3 - edited the hekate.ipl to remove the syscfw option but used the text in the guide to update my old one
4 - updated the stock firmware to 13.0 via Nintendo
5 - boot into emummc

Booted up back into hekate and i get a black screen after i launch emummc and it stays there. It used to work before the upgrade (think it was 10.X or 11). Things to note or that I have tried after:

1 - I do get an error of sd card in 1 bit mode, but that hasn't stopped it working before this
2 - I have deleted the atmosphere folder and replaced with the one that came in the github release
3 - have put the latest sig patches in from here
4 - didn't update the atmosphere firmware via choidujour like i have done before
5 - booting to fusee.bin (via tegra or through payloads) results in "fatal error in fusee - could not mount SD card"

I managed to get the Nintendo logo appear but then goes to black screen after again - left for an hour and still no change.

apologies as some of this will be covered but I have looked at so many posts and just cant see a solution from what I've tried. Anything i have missed i apologise for and hopefully I could resolve it without losing all the data again.
The real issue was following a video. Never follow video guides if you want to avoid having any issues.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName:
    Can't complain about bad performance then
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    i like old pcs and components i feel like they deserve to be used
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    instead of just binned
    Gift
    Thrift stores are the best place to look for that stuff
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    if you can't find a use for it,
    bag it up and wait to get components and connectors to try it out!
    Gift
  • AliceCE @ AliceCE:
    Alright
    Gift
    Just saying it's hard to get decent performance from 15+ year old tech
    Gift
  • NoobletCheese @ NoobletCheese:
    i like my old pcs , their motherboards are 2014 spec and GPU 2016 spec. they never crash or lag, using it for games, emulation, youtube, HTPC (madVR 4k60 HDR h.265 plays flawlessly). feels like im getting such good value. i just hope i dont get a hardware fault.
    Gift
    my worst nightmare is spending a lot of money on new gear and then having some gremlins like random BSODs or some unsolvabe perf issues. that would really upset me. ill take cheap and cheerful anyday of the week
    Gift
    Old tech is awesome but it becomes such a heads ache with low perfrdriver support modern games etc it's only stable if you plan on using software that was made for that exact era
    Gift
    well actually i had issues with stutters in games from the old era like vanilla Skyrim and S.T.A.L.K.E.R and ended up solving it by tweaking their ini files and running all games off SSD.
    Gift
    Go floppy
    Gift
    but yeah i havent really played any new DX12 games on it -- still using win7 which doesn't even support
    DX12
    Gift
    I love me og xbox seems like right when I'm done opening it some new update comes out
    Gift
    in SKyrim it was the bTrees distance thingy and in S.T.A.L.K.E.R it was the alife distance value
    Gift
    I'm surprised they finally stopped milking Skyrim for what it's worth to be fair
    Gift
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eh Skyrim HDR edition soon
    Gift
    Lewl with 8k graphics texture packs
    Gift
    Aw my health insurance just fucked me gonna be having to pay like $150 a month
    Gift
    Damn I didn't know you could get prostate massage that cheap!
    Gift
    Go deeper doc
    Gift
  • Gift
    I'm paying good money for that lub
    Gift
    "Are you using 2 fingers? Use the whole fist!!!" Lol
    Gift
    Guess it's not horrible as out of pocket would be $250 a visit
    Gift
    KenniesNewName @ KenniesNewName: Guess it's not horrible as out of pocket would be $250 a visit