12F683 chip wii clip + YAOSM not working

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by icewarp, Dec 14, 2008.

Dec 14, 2008
  1. icewarp
    OP

Newcomer icewarp Advanced Member

Brazil
    Hi,

Before asking my question, here is a short info. I had my Wii with wiikey running fine on it. Three days after I ran SSBB on it, the wiikey went dead and no backuops ever worked on my Wii, only original copies (I did not remove wiikeyeven though it´s not working). Backup copies with softmods work on my Wii as well.

I decided to buy the wiiclip with chip 12F683 (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12714)and programmed YAOSM 3.2 on it. Chip detection worked fine in WinPic800, I wrote the hex code (yaosm_12F683.hex) successfully to the chip. I put the chip on DVDroms chip and I got a red and blue LED on when I turn the Wii on. I inserted my original Zelda game to configure it as the readme instructs.

However, no backup copies ever worked with this chip and YOASM 3.2. Does anyone have any clue about it? I don´t think the dead wiikey could be disturbing the process, since the wiiclip goes directly on the processor.

firmware version 3.2

thanks!

2. icewarp
    OP

Brazil
    Should I ask for a change on the chip?

3. india3

Newcomer india3 Advanced Member

India
    i'm pretty sure that with the wii clip 12f683 version ,it's supposed to be the 12f683_twoled.hex file. that's what i was told when i tried to do it....

4. Slowking

Member Slowking GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    Yeah you have to use the two_led hex. If this still doesn't work it probably IS your dead wiikey. Maybe it's not entirely dead, just malefunctioning and thus interfering with YAOSM.

5. icewarp
    OP

Brazil
    I will remove the dead Wiikey and see what happens. Thanks guys!

6. angel31984

Newcomer angel31984 Newbie

United States
    I'm having the same problem with mine, I programed it with YAOSM 3.0 (should i use something else?) I tried the 12f683.hex and the 12f683_twoled.hex (which one do i use?)and made sure that it was programed properley, after I installed it, it still cant boot any backups. My wii was not modded before this i also bought it from the link provided by icewarp. Also my wii does not have the cut legs and its a D2B JPN. I also i booted retail SSBB JPN first. [​IMG] please help [​IMG]

7. Diffusion

Member Diffusion GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    YAOSM 3.2 is the latest version. You can find it at the official YAOSM forum @ Wiinewz. Use the 12f683_twoled.hex

8. angel31984

United States
    Diffusion
    thank you i will try that when i get home and reply with what happened.

9. angel31984

United States
    well i just updated to yaosm 3.2 and i guess it was the disk i tried becaue i burned the homebrew channel thinking i can install it off the dvd and i read some more info on it and if you have fw 3.4 you cant install it with dvd only the tp hack tried some gamecube games that where from a different region and it worked so thx i guess it was working the whole time. [​IMG]