110V or 220V

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Whiternoise, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Whiternoise
    OP

Whiternoise GBAtemp Regular

Dec 12, 2006
    I'm going to order an enamel blue DSL from PlayAsia.com, just wondering which model i'd be better off getting - 110 or 220V. I'm guessing 220 would be better for the UK - i want to get a uk charger, so getting the right voltage is fairly important (i think)??

Thanks
    -Josh-

2. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    I bought a Japanese GBA SP once from Hong Kong and I mentioned to the owner what I should use to charge it since the charger that came with it is just the 2 pin. He said that Any charger you buy in the UK will work. And he was right. Should still be the same with the DS.

3. Whiternoise
    OP

Dec 12, 2006
    Ah k, that was what i suspected [​IMG]

Plus it comes with a free USB charger so that's another option.

Cheers

4. Dirtie

Dirtie :'D

Former Staff
    Sep 9, 2003
    New Zealand
    Zealer
    It doesn't matter what the input voltage is, the output voltage will always be DC and will always be the same - the only difference is the AC adapter you get.

5. Whiternoise
    OP

Dec 12, 2006
  6. nintendofreak

nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

Mar 27, 2006
    United States
    Cal Poly Pomona / (323)
    yes it should work, cause you can choose between voltages 9, 6.3, 5 or 3 and the ds charges at ~5.2v so it'll be fine [​IMG]

7. Whiternoise
    OP

Dec 12, 2006
    Yay! That'll solve the problem of what to do on long coach journeys when the battery runs out!