Hacking 11.8 update FAQ & how to fix "Failed to apply 1 FIRM patch" and NTR CFW

ANOUNYMOSGAMER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, at this point I, the need to update my 3DS is no longer necessary, since :
1. I only play SinglePlayer games
2. I only install games via cia, never download directly from CDN (via freeshop or similar)
3. As stated by the OP, using games prior to the update, that're installed via cia, can still work (offline and online).

So long as you stayed offline, or to the very least download games from "those" sites rather than directly from the CDN, I think yer good to go.

bomboy2121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Im right now on 11.4 and i want to download alot of games before the update comes so:
1.is it safe to download everything now and disconnect from the internet forever?
2.do you think it will be safe to download it all this friday? (Im not at home till then)

tacticurn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is no connection between any downloader software you use on a pc and the 3ds you want to make the installation on.

JackDevG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok. I have 2 questions.

1: Based on all that information, i can't use CIAngel just for create a ticket or a CIA to install on my CFW using FBI, right?

2:Can i use the application Shameless to install my games with FBI without any risk?.

Thank you, everyone

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

lAkdaOpeKA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Honestly, at this point I, the need to update my 3DS is no longer necessary, since :
1. I only play SinglePlayer games
2. I only install games via cia, never download directly from CDN (via freeshop or similar)
3. As stated by the OP, using games prior to the update, that're installed via cia, can still work (offline and online).

So long as you stayed offline, or to the very least download games from "those" sites rather than directly from the CDN, I think yer good to go.
I'm not saying that games before the update work, you can still use CIAs on 11.8 without any risks. Plus if you don't update, online multiplayer will no longer work on older versions

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There is no connection between any downloader software you use on a pc and the 3ds you want to make the installation on.
If you download on a PC from the CDN, obviously Nintendo can't do anything

Im right now on 11.4 and i want to download alot of games before the update comes so:
1.is it safe to download everything now and disconnect from the internet forever?
2.do you think it will be safe to download it all this friday? (Im not at home till then)
Again, you don't need to stay offline forever, that's not the issue, as long as you don't use freeShop or CIAngel (on any version) you'll be fine. I personally recommend Villain3DS while it still works

Ok. I have 2 questions.

1: Based on all that information, i can't use CIAngel just for create a ticket or a CIA to install on my CFW using FBI, right?

2:Can i use the application Shameless to install my games with FBI without any risk?.

Thank you, everyone

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
I don't know what you're referring to with the first question, since I'm not very familiar with CIAngel. As for the second, I'm not familiar with that too, but seeing how it works, I guess it downloads from the CDN directly on the 3DS, so avoid it

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Why 3ds.hacks.guide recommend dsiware hax for 11.8 instead of "all version method"? ntrboot i guess still works fine.

lAkdaOpeKA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Why 3ds.hacks.guide recommend dsiware hax for 11.8 instead of "all version method"? ntrboot i guess still works fine.
NTRboot will always work since it's unpatchable, but 3ds.hacks.guide also lists other methods available for specific versions. You can use either, the end result is the same. Seedminer is cheaper, but it you already have a compatible flashcart, it's more convenient to use that

Reactions: Cava

ben_r_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, seems like a crappy time to get back into 3DS modding. I just picked up a New 2DS XL and had already previously modded my New 3DS XL, but after reading all this it sounds like I might be better off returning the 2DS XL and waiting out this current situation.

If one gets banned by Nintendo, what do you actually lose? Just the ability to play online and to buy more games from them?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man, seems like a crappy time to get back into 3DS modding. I just picked up a New 2DS XL and had already previously modded my New 3DS XL, but after reading all this it sounds like I might be better off returning the 2DS XL and waiting out this current situation.

If one gets banned by Nintendo, what do you actually lose? Just the ability to play online and to buy more games from them?
There are a few different types of bans. Right now we dont know what ones ninty is going to use.

ben_r_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a few different types of bans. Right now we dont know what ones ninty is going to use.
Gotcha.

Well okay guys, I need a game plan here. This New 2DS XL came with 11.4. Should I upgrade it to 11.8?

And after that what are you all planning to do? Just stay with the current mod version(s) and stay offline, getting games the good ol fashioned way (CIAs)? And whats up with FlashCarts these days? Are they still a worthwhile route to go? Ive been out of the game too long...

GreedKun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, I'm a total noob regarding 3DS CFW, a friend of mine installed for me years ago and I never updated on my whole life. It's stuck on rx-e 11.1.0-34u, I want to update and use the internet to download the super Mario maker maps. How do I make this happen?

lAkdaOpeKA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Gotcha.

Well okay guys, I need a game plan here. This New 2DS XL came with 11.4. Should I upgrade it to 11.8?

And after that what are you all planning to do? Just stay with the current mod version(s) and stay offline, getting games the good ol fashioned way (CIAs)? And whats up with FlashCarts these days? Are they still a worthwhile route to go? Ive been out of the game too long...
Ok, I'm a total noob regarding 3DS CFW, a friend of mine installed for me years ago and I never updated on my whole life. It's stuck on rx-e 11.1.0-34u, I want to update and use the internet to download the super Mario maker maps. How do I make this happen?
Again... Simply going online will NOT get you banned, only using freeShop will...
Also don't use flashcarts, they're overpriced pieces of junk and CFW is way superior

vozuh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I install a CIA file and that file has an update then I’m not safe updating? Since it download from the Nintendo servers?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt