11.8 update FAQ & how to fix "Failed to apply 1 FIRM patch" and NTR CFW

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by zacchi4k, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Most common ban before 11.8 was save editing and playing game online before street date. There are ban for people on 11.7 for random reasons, there was some thread about someone being ban using pokebank. 11.8 has ban focus on tickets list being sent to nintendo.

2. tacticurn

tacticurn Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2018
    Germany
    Alright, interesting to hear how Nintendo detects it. Some even claimed they did it based on activity log ? But banned because of save editing. How do they detect that? I thought save edits were local, unless of course, you play some online title where save edits can be detected?

3. shanefromoz

shanefromoz GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 18, 2007
    Im currently on 11.7 with a 3ds XL and Luma. Apart from going online which i dont do what is the benefit of updating to 11.8? Thanks

4. kostas sfirakis

kostas sfirakis GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2015
    Greece
    crete
    should we really play offline like this guy says? As I see things that he says aren't like the same I read in this post.. what do you guys think? Plus I loaded up some games after Luma update and 11.8 update and I just opened freeshop sometimes didn't install anything only viewed something do you think I might get banned for this? (I was online)

Last edited by kostas sfirakis, Aug 8, 2018
  5. SkillFeed

SkillFeed Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2018
    Germany
    Did the servers got updated already?

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk

6. zacchi4k
    OP

zacchi4k GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    I couldn't find any reports of people getting banned on 11.8 due to freeShop. Could you provide some links/screenshots?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

First of all, don't listen to that guy. Everyone in the hacking community considers him an idiot for a lot of reasons, including that he never does his research properly, like in the video you linked which was full of misinformation. The post I made, on the other hand, reflects what's actually been found and properly documented
    Second, if you only opened freeShop but didn't download anything, you're not at risk

Last edited by zacchi4k, Aug 8, 2018
    kostas sfirakis and Hunter like this.
  7. kostas sfirakis

kostas sfirakis GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2015
    Greece
    crete

8. zacchi4k
    OP

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    No, since Villain3DS still works and my 3DS on 11.7 (which I didn't update yet just to see when the server get updated) can still go online

9. tacticurn

tacticurn Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2018
    Germany
    Isn't he just some attention grabbing youtube nobody? Listened to his annoying, full-of-it voice or 15 seconds, before I ran away. Who but Nintendo knows what they are looking for when they identify ban targets? This youtuber and many others don't know. All they know is they have an idea about the data that is shared from a 3DS with Nintendo when using online services. The bans will be coming at some point, in waves, this is what we do know.

Last edited by tacticurn, Aug 8, 2018
    zacchi4k likes this.
  10. zacchi4k
    OP

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    "All they know is they have an idea about the data that is shared from a 3DS with Nintendo when using online services" lol he doesn't even know that, since he believes that simply going online at any point would get you banned, even though it's been confirmed you only risk a ban if you use a certain type of applications

11. shanefromoz

Jun 18, 2007
    Maybe im best to wait on 11.7 for a while.....

12. zacchi4k
    OP

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    There isn't much point if you don't go online, but since I believe it won't make any difference with bans, I would update anyway

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

For example, people who used PKSM to get Pokémon which aren't legitimately obtainable during regular gameplay ( due to unusual stats) and traded/played online with them got banned

13. shanefromoz

Jun 18, 2007
    If i update to 11.8 will updating the games i have downloaded through freeshop create a ban?

14. zacchi4k
    OP

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    Last time I checked, it actually wasn't known if updating non-legit games via the home menu would cause a ban, but updating from the eShop was considered safe

15. shanefromoz

Jun 18, 2007
    So your saying its safer updating through eshop rather then home menu either if non legit games?

16. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
  17. zacchi4k
    OP

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    Yes

18. zacchi4k
    OP

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    Actually, I've just asked, and no, you don't risk a ban if you update non-legit games even from the home menu

shanefromoz likes this.
  19. flampewan

flampewan Member

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2018
    Italy
    Ouch just 2 days ago I downloaded a game from Freeshop

20. zacchi4k
    OP

Feb 6, 2015
    Italy
    Somewhere eating pizza
    Well I mean it's not 100% guaranteed you'll get banned, but it's better if you avoid it from now on
    Villain3DS is awesome, use that while it still works