Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany
shit, I went and deleted all my pirated cias because I was concerned
lol that was unnecessary. For the 100th time: The ticket check happens at INSTALL time (from the CDN, NOT from CIA!). NOT at launch time, NOT while connecting to online servers.

Basically, an app ticket refers to your 3DS sending a signal to the Eshop servers saying "I paid for this game and I want to download it" and Freeshop sends a fake app ticket to the Eshop to let you download content directly..
First part is correct, but freeShop doesn't send any ticket to the eShop. For example this URL: http://nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net/ccs/download/0004001020025100/00000007 is the european microSD management (one content, encrypted). Now when you download it on the PC, you don't send the new headers - that's exactly what freeShop does. Right now, that could mean that a system on 11.7 downloads something from the eShop - but when Nintendo activates a serverside check for a valid ticket and forces the update to 11.8, that would mean that you couldn't download from CDN anymore without a valid ticket in the header. Nintendo could either ban (if they check the console id serverside) or just forbid the access.

It has nothing to do with whether your pirated copy is real or not
Yes it has, because you don't have a valid ticket for pirated games if you acquire them through freeShop.

playing it online should work fine.
Yeah, online-play is unaffected and works just like before.

Last edited by Brawl345,

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So... based on all this... I have 2 questions.

1. Is it still safe to use the USB Helper to download to PC then transfer to the 3DS and install via FBI?

2. If you're still on 11.7, can you basically install anything you want still as long as you don't update to 11.8?

jurai

Trophies
XP
Country
So... based on all this... I have 2 questions.

1. Is it still safe to use the USB Helper to download to PC then transfer to the 3DS and install via FBI?

2. If you're still on 11.7, can you basically install anything you want still as long as you don't update to 11.8?

Installing a CIA via FBI is considered to be safe, hitting the Nintendo CDN servers on 11.8 is considered NOT safe as the ticket would be validated at install time

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
so basically we can just play our freeshop games normallly (online-offline without risk of ban) but not download them thoguht it, because nintendo can detect that we are triying to download it via a pirate program?

GilgameshArcher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
so basically we can just play our freeshop games normallly (online-offline without risk of ban) but not download them thoguht it, because nintendo can detect that we are triying to download it via a pirate program?
U still can download the contents packed as .CIA direct in your 3DS/PC and them Installing them, but N is more likely than not to block this as well in the near future.

Lucarian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Okay, I did some research, and I'm really confused about all of this. Apparently downloading games using freeshop is ok, as long as you don't enter sleep mode. It has something to do with the NIM but I don't know what. If I still wanted to download games and play them online, then I'm assuming that Nintendo could ban my console. So to restate my question, is it ok if I download freeshop games?

Last edited by Lucarian,

TheHackersHat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have one question in mind, is CIAngel still safe to utilize? Am guessing not since it installs them directly from Nintendo’s CDN servers.

Last edited by TheHackersHat,

WaluigiMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
EDIT: Okay, I did some research, and I'm really confused about all of this. Apparently downloading games using freeshop is ok, as long as you don't enter sleep mode. It has something to do with the NIM but I don't know what. If I still wanted to download games and play them online, then I'm assuming that Nintendo could ban my console. So to restate my question, is it ok if I download freeshop games?
nope freeshop isnt really recommended to use anymore just get villian3ds or get your .cias online and download them with fbi but you can use your games that you already downloaded from the freeshop and even play online just dont cheat online

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so freeshop do not work on 11.8?
it does but its not save anymore so dont use it

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I have one question in mind, is CIAngel still safe to utilize?
Freeshop (the in-app download, not the backgtound one) and Ciangel DON'T download through NIM, therefore even on 11.8 they will download anonymously as it's been in the past 10+* years; however, they will be blocked if/when the new system is enforced

* the no-authentication-for-downloads system dates back to the Wii, if not the iQue N64

Lucarian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So right now I'm pretty sure that the most important thing I can do is download as many games as I can to my SD card. Thanks, everyone.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So right now I'm pretty sure that the most important thing I can do is download as many games as I can to my SD card. Thanks, everyone.
Im pretty sure the most important thing to do is simply be smart with what you are doing and with whats going on. Mass downloading could make things a fluffle afterwards with no sd space or potential corruption

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China