Homebrew 11.4.0-37U is there any way around it?

Guilins

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just bought an used 3DS XL and it was on 11.2, i was looking forward for installing a CFW on it to play the games i wanted (they are really expensive in my country), but in my naivety, i updated it without installing an armloader, is there any way that i can install freeshop to download free games? any way to downgrade or install a CFW in it current state?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair every time the 3DS has gotten patched from being able to install CFW on the latest FW, hackers have been able to hack the system again. 11.3 was initially all doom and gloom like 11.4 currently is, but eventually 11.3 got opened up as well. There is no guarantee that the same will happen for 11.4, but its certainly possible, and there are definitely people that know what they're doing looking into it. As mentioned earlier you could wait for such an exploit to maybe drop or perhaps just get yourself a new system and install you CFW before updating.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
is there a thread that maps the progress?
Exploits are a rather unpredictable lot and there's no real way to know the progress of them. 11.4 could be exploited tomorrow or 6 months from now, no one knows.
There is the sighax thread, but that's been going on for months now and no one knows when more progress will be made.

You best bet if your not too attached to that system is to sell it and buy another one.
To be fair every time the 3DS has gotten patched from being able to install CFW on the latest FW, hackers have been able to hack the system again. 11.3 was initially all doom and gloom like 11.4 currently is, but eventually 11.3 got opened up as well. There is no guarantee that the same will happen for 11.4, but its certainly possible, and there are definitely people that know what they're doing looking into it. As mentioned earlier you could wait for such an exploit to maybe drop or perhaps just get yourself a new system and install you CFW before updating.
Oh it will be hacked, there's no doubt about it. But there's no telling how long it will take.

Last edited by The Catboy,

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Exploits are a rather unpredictable lot and there's no real way to know the progress of them. 11.4 could be exploited tomorrow or 6 months from now, no one knows.
There is the sighax thread, but that's been going on for months now and no one knows when more progress will be made.

You best bet if your not too attached to that system is to sell it and buy another one.

Oh it will be hacked, there's no doubt about it. But there's no telling how long it will take.
For all we know somebody might discover an exploit 20 years from now. I was so happy when SafeHax came out, I was about to get a hardmod.

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I just bought an used 3DS XL and it was on 11.2, i was looking forward for installing a CFW on it to play the games i wanted (they are really expensive in my country), but in my naivety, i updated it without installing an armloader, is there any way that i can install freeshop to download free games? any way to downgrade or install a CFW in it current state?
You can save money by buying just the motherboard with 11.3 or lower and replace it or let a a professional do this, even with a different region with cfw you have region-lock lifted or fallow 3ds.guide tutorial to change the region and add hadmod just in case.

Last edited by tomx86,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
isn't a9lh required to install sighax?
I am actually not sure how sighax is going to be installed. I understand the core functions and technical details, but not the install method(s)

ChrisCFW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I recommend that you return it and get a new one, or if thats not possible, sell it and buy a new...

Exploits takes alot of work to get around. They spent a year on soundhax, sighax etc. but they are updating the exploits over and over. They are not creating new exploits in a month or 2, they are basicially updating it for feature updates until they fully patch it like they did with soundhax.

Dogenberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think the next exploit will be released between August and September because Smea said they kept some exploits secret and 7/28 the new 2ds will be released

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My PS3 lives inside my PC via emulation +1