Hacking 11.2 : Unable to play online in pokémon SuMo. Any workaround ?

Denkenshiki

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello.

I have a 3DS on Luma cfw + A9hl on 11.2, and I haven't played pokémon sun moon for a month. I decided to go trade some pokemons on the GTS, but I wasn't able to access the online : It tells me that I need to update my 3DS to the latest version. I looked up, and realized that there was a newer version, 11.3
After reading many comments, I decided that even though I can technically update it without losing my CFW, I'd rather not.
I'm able to play Zelda tri force heroes & Mario Kart 7 online just fine, only pokemon sun gives me trouble..
Is there any way right now to play online in Pokemon Sun/Moon while being on 11.2 ?

Thanks for your help.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You decided to not update to 11.3 because ...?

There's literally no risk of anything while being on 11.3. (Unless you use Gateway).

Are you sure Pokemon wants you to update to 11.3 though? Pokemon itself has an update available as well.. maybe it's just that?

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

I have a 3DS on Luma cfw + A9hl on 11.2, and I haven't played pokémon sun moon for a month. I decided to go trade some pokemons on the GTS, but I wasn't able to access the online : It tells me that I need to update my 3DS to the latest version. I looked up, and realized that there was a newer version, 11.3
After reading many comments, I decided that even though I can technically update it without losing my CFW, I'd rather not.
I'm able to play Zelda tri force heroes & Mario Kart 7 online just fine, only pokemon sun gives me trouble..
Is there any way right now to play online in Pokemon Sun/Moon while being on 11.2 ?

Thanks for your help.
If you have luma+ a9lh why don't you just update your luma (using luma updater) then update to 11.3?

goldensun87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he had not downloaded the Pokemon update before 11.3 launched, then he will ultimately be forced to update to 11.3, in order to access the eshop.

D

Deleted User

Just update,but do it in system settings only so you can avoid NAND corruption if givin the pop up on the home screen or frankinfirmwares when updating while in a game.There is no reason not to update on a9lh+luma through settings since the hbl works and ntr has been fixed too.The only things that broke and only work on 11.2 are reinand (which is sapposed to be fixed eventually) rxtools(dead cfw) and gateway(announced a fix to be coming)

Last edited by ,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
If he had not downloaded the Pokemon update before 11.3 launched, then he will ultimately be forced to update to 11.3, in order to access the eshop.

And why does he need to update from e-shop? He can update the game from freeShop. Plus, you can use ctr httpwn to access e-shop without updating.

Last edited by Distrance,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering the update doesn't break anything as of writing this if you follow the plailect guide, there is no reason not to. Why are so many of you worried about updating? Yeah you can use ctrhttpwn to bypass the nag and get online but eventually you're going to have to update anyway. If you don't your outdated firmware is just going to cause problems in the future. Seriously people, #1 thing about software is to keep it up to date to avoid issue when it's confirmed 200% safe.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It does cause slowdowns in small parts of Ocarina of Time so it does cause some issues no matter how small.

Um why would an update that mainly fixed exploits used to hack the console cause lag in games? Ever considered that the slowdowns were there to begin with? Not like OOT is the first came to have fps issues on the 3DS ... Double battles on Pokemon are cancerous.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about everyone wait for OP to reply to the many asked questions before arguing with one another? Just a thought.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
11.3 absolutely causes lag in OoT3D, at the very least the Sheikah Stone menus/videos. This isn't a big deal, but it is true and easily verifiable.

Reactions: Distrance

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Um why would an update that mainly fixed exploits used to hack the console cause lag in games? Ever considered that the slowdowns were there to begin with? Not like OOT is the first came to have fps issues on the 3DS ... Double battles on Pokemon are cancerous.

https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/11.3.0-36#New_issue

Something they've changed is causing audio issues in OoT3D (and maybe others? Haven't heard about anything else, though). I'm not sure what would cause it though, unless maybe some sort of audio DMA-related thing got changed (wild guess, probably wrong). If someone in the woodwork of #cakey knows, it'd be cool to hear from you. :P

Reactions: Distrance

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/11.3.0-36#New_issue

Something they've changed is causing audio issues in OoT3D (and maybe others? Haven't heard about anything else, though). I'm not sure what would cause it though, unless maybe some sort of audio DMA-related thing got changed (wild guess, probably wrong). If someone in the woodwork of #cakey knows, it'd be cool to hear from you. :P

Aight I stand corrected then. I wouldn't say this is such a big problem that you should abstain from updating to 11.3 though.

Reactions: daxtsu

CrispyCola

zero-two
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

Thanks for your help.

ctr-httpwn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...