Hacking 11.1 OLD 3DS DSiWare downgrade brick. How to recover?

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello Guys,

I received an Old 3DS classic (small one) where a customer tried to downgrade for himself and the console ended up bricked.

I don't do these "software only" downgrades because I don't trust them 100%, so I always, regardless of the version I have, make a hardmod e get a NAND copy before trying anything.

Unfortunately the new DSiWare downgrade does not make NAND backps but a 8Mb FIRM one called F0F1_O3DS.bin. So how do I recover this 3DS with only that file??

A bit more of information and what I tried so far:
1) I have a "clean bricked nand backup" taken with hardmod right after the console arrived here.
2) I have tried "injecting" this 8Mb FIRM using @Plailect's autofirm program replacing 10.4 original FIRM and it didn't work (actually I tried 3 times replacing 10.4, 11.1 and both, none worked)

Last edited by mvmiranda,

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
F0F1_O3DS.bin is the NATIVE_FIRM backup (firmware.bin). the dsi downgrade only downgrades NATIVE_FIRM, so only that is bricked. I don't know how to restore it, something to do with a hardmod obviously.

I don't have any experience with hardmods, so I can't help you there.

Reactions: mvmiranda

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
F0F1_O3DS.bin is the NATIVE_FIRM backup (firmware.bin). the dsi downgrade only downgrades NATIVE_FIRM, so only that is bricked. I don't know how to restore it, something to do with a hardmod obviously.

I don't have any experience with hardmods, so I can't help you there.
Thanks @Aletron9000!
Yeah! I'm sure a hardmod is needd but either I'm not knowing how to restore or I don't have the correct program to do it.
I'm using @Plailect's latest AUTOFIRM master.zip with the 4Mb FIRMS he advises us to use.

Anyone else has any advises?

Thanks!

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
although, I think you can dump the NAND with a hardmod and inject a NATIVE_FIRM into a NAND backup using a program and then write the NAND backup back. I don' t know the name of the program though, I think it is somewhere on Plailect's Hardmod Downgrade guide.

I think that is how Hardmod Downgrading works, it does modify the NATIVE_FIRM.

but once again, I know nothing about hardmodding, nor do I have a hardmod

A9LH forever!

Last edited by Aletron9000,

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I think it's the dump of FIRM0 + FIRM1, in raw encrypted form. https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Flash_Filesystem#NAND_structure offset 0x0B130000 in NAND dump, size 0x00800000 (0x00400000 * 2).
I'd use an hex editor to replace them in the NAND dump.
Perfect!
I'm trying that now :)
Thx @Aurora Wright!

EDIT:
@Aurora Wright, it worked!
Thanks a million times!!!

I have another semi bricked console but for that I'm creating another topic and will tag you.
Any advise, tip is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Last edited by mvmiranda,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr