Status
Not open for further replies.

Rbugs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there any guide migrating from SX-OS with SX-core and emunand setup to atmosphere with emunand? I don't want to accidentally boot into SYSnand with atmosphere

Last edited by Rbugs,

GeorgeManim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi, yes there is a guide but forum doesn't allow me to link it because I don't have enough messages. :)

By the way I'm still on SX OS and waiting for a release from team Xecuter...

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way I'm still on SX OS and waiting for a release from team Xecuter...
Don't hold your breath. It is very possible that updates for SX OS have ceased permanently. I recommend getting Atmosphere setup now so you can use it in the future when newer games require newer system versions higher than 11.0.0.

UnderJinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
It has been 67 days since Nintendo's last update, and we haven't gotten an update from TX.
Maybe it's because 11.0.1 was an minor update, or because they wait because they know Nintendo is working on Closing
updates from Sxos.Just what im thinking

Maybe they already have an update but waiting.

Last edited by UnderJinx,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's because 11.0.1 was an minor update, or because they wait because they know Nintendo is working on Closing
updates from Sxos.Just what im thinking
There is no reason to think SX OS would postpone an update to support 11.0.1 to instead release an update for a hypothetical newer update from Nintendo that might not drop for weeks or months. There is nothing to be gained, and everything to be lost, from intentionally allowing your product to not be compatible with the latest system version.

11.0.1 was also a minor update with no major impediments to having a compatibility update. Atmosphere released a compatibility update for 11.0.1 within 24 hours, if I remember correctly.

I agree with you that SX OS hasn't been updated either because they don't want to update it or they can't update it, but there's no reason at all to think that impediment will be remedied by Nintendo releasing a new Switch update.

Reactions: ElConsolero

UnderJinx

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
There is no reason to think SX OS would postpone an update to support 11.0.1 to instead release an update for a hypothetical newer update from Nintendo that might not drop for weeks or months. There is nothing to be gained, and everything to be lost, from intentionally allowing your product to not be compatible with the latest system version.

11.0.1 was also a minor update with no major impediments to having a compatibility update. Atmosphere released a compatibility update for 11.0.1 within 24 hours, if I remember correctly.

I agree with you that SX OS hasn't been updated either because they don't want to update it or they can't update it, but there's no reason at all to think that impediment will be remedied by Nintendo releasing a new Switch update.
Yes i know it's not looking good for Sx os perspective But still i have my hope up.

Did install Atmosphere just in case.

Last edited by UnderJinx,

GeorgeManim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Don't hold your breath. It is very possible that updates for SX OS have ceased permanently. I recommend getting Atmosphere setup now so you can use it in the future when newer games require newer system versions higher than 11.0.0.
For now I'll remain on sysNAND 11.0.0, but when there is a game requiring >11.0.0 I'll see what my options are.
It's a pity if they just disappear from the scene.

Is there any guide migrating from SX-OS with SX-core and emunand setup to atmosphere with emunand? I don't want to accidentally boot into SYSnand with atmosphere

There is a guide here: https://rentry.co/mys8q
(ohh, now the forum allowed me to post the link)

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
For now I'll remain on sysNAND 11.0.0, but when there is a game requiring >11.0.0 I'll see what my options are.
It's a pity if they just disappear from the scene.
the method for running 11.0.1 emunand on sx os 3.1.0 was already out for 3 weeks

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I’ve been using dual boot for years now, and I will keep it “this way”, as I definitely want to be able to play Xci, ( for my old games that will not require higher firmware) ,on the road from my ssd, or docked ( too many games for sd prices, at least compared to an ssd or hdd that I also use for other consoles) . So I went the “road” of 2 EmuMMC (shrinked, don’t want to switch sd cards, as reader of switch is so fragile), and also because Sxos doesn’t run well with some homebrews or sysmodules/overlays.
I never take off my sd card (unless no choice), all the “stuff” I do is via usb transfer.
So , my setup is one sd card with 2 EmuMMC (hidden Partition ), same emuntendo folder. one EmuMMC will be updated with atmo, the other one, well, future will tell.

Last edited by Maupiti,

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I’ve been using dual boot for years now, and I will keep it “this way”, as I definitely want to be able to play Xci, ( for my old games that will not require higher firmware) ,on the road from my ssd, or docked . So I went the “road” of 2 EmuMMC (shrinked, don’t want to switch sd cards, as reader of switch is so fragile), and also because Sxos doesn’t run well with some homebrews or sysmodules/overlays.
I never take off my sd card (unless no choice), all the “stuff” I do is via usb transfer.
So , my setup is one sd card with 2 EmuMMC (hidden Partition ), same emuntendo folder. one EmuMMC will be updated with atmo, the other one, well, future will tell.
I don't have emunand setup. I just boot SX OS and run xci files (well my kids do and I intend to keep it this way since I find it convenient to just add/remove an xci file from the usd card). Can I also run atmosphere this way (booting with the SX dongle and not installing emunand at all ?

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't have emunand setup. I just boot SX OS and run xci files (well my kids do and I intend to keep it this way since I find it convenient to just add/remove an xci file from the usd card). Can I also run atmosphere this way (booting with the SX dongle and not installing emunand at all ?
Yes , you can, but “honestly “, I will recommend you to learn about EmuMMC, It’s the “best way “ to avoid possible bricks of sysnand (which can be a pain in the ass to fix). A sysnand should never be “touched”, (that my “point of vue “),unless you need “online gaming “. It’s like the “heart” of your system. So on all “systems “ being hackable, when you have the opportunity to use an EmuMMC/Emunand, you should go this way.

Last edited by Maupiti,

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by dsrules,

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes , you can, but “honestly “, I will recommend you to learn about EmuMMC, It’s the “best way “ to avoid possible bricks of sysnand (which can be a pain in the ass to fix). A sysnand should never be “touched”, unless you need “online gaming “. It’s like the “heart” of your system. So on all “systems “ being hackable, when you have the opportunity to use an EmuMMC/Emunand, you should go this way.
I have a small spare usd card that I can use for testing this.

How do I go about installing all this ? Should I copy everything onto the new usd card (I am not sure the amosphere folder is recent or not and I overheard it required some patches to work (not sure where they go).

upload_2021-2-15_17-10-13.png

These are I believe the sig files...
upload_2021-2-15_17-16-38.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-15_17-15-56.png
    upload_2021-2-15_17-15-56.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 36

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI - any new game / update/ dlc that requires 11.0.1 can most of the time be patched to use lower or no FW requirements using NSCBuilder or Renxpack, in case SX OS users didn't know or didn't want to upgrade. Good luck, and Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a