Hacking 11.0.1 firmware and still no SXOS update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You absolutely do not know that there will be no update. Stop lying. You may be right you may be wrong but it doesn't matter. SX OS is useful and will remain that way. Advising people to ditch in the first place is myopic. Set up atmosphere if you want. Leave SX alone so you can keep using your USB. And go away troll. You are top-tier worst troll out there. Go away. I never said that higher firmwares wouldn't be necessary by the way. More bullshit
I did not say I absolutely know there will be no SX OS update. As I said, if SX OS does not receive any future updates, then switching to Atmosphere will be required to play new games that require system versions above 11.0.0.

Given the amount of time it has been since 11.0.1 was released, it is looking increasingly likely that SX OS is no longer supported.

Reactions: The Catboy

00diabolic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Truth be told you don't have to burn fuses. Restore your old backup with zero hacks. 100% clean. You can make an EmuNAND out of it even if you wanted to. Thats what i do. You can go online using atmosphere with a clean emunand or system nand. No patches. No hack save games. No piracy of any kind. That's what I do. I have my fuses at 4.1 as well as my system nand. I use fake news to boot into hekate or argon nx and choose between my clean nand and Dirty nand

To be clear i keep my SysNAND at 4.1. Then i made an EmuNAND from it. Boot the Clean EmuNAND with atmosphere and went online and updated the EmuNAND using Nintendo servers. Only do legit stuff with it. No PATCHES. Then i use another EmuNAND for all the fuckery. There's several ways to have multiple EmuNAND. Just use separate SD cards to be safest. There are people who have no SysNAND at all doing this or have linux installed to SysNAND for a long time doing this. Using EmuNAND only for online.

After everything was said and done i installed fake news to my 4.1 SysNAND . I used that to boot for a while no jig. Then I just decided to activate Auto RCM. That's how it sits now. I have a dragon injector anyway LOL

So far so good. Over a year now no ban.

In fact if you go on the reswitched discord SiresM has a post talking about how running atmosphere itself will not get you banned nor will and emulated nand. Just piracy and messing with saved games and things like that. So don't do that shit and don't put any patches and you're good to go as long as your nand is in fact clean

I would also like to point out that although what I said is currently accurate Nintendo can change the game anytime they want with a future update. You never know.

ok makes sense.. so I would have to go my backup of sysnand 4.1.0 to create the emuland of 4.1.0 or is there a way to create it from my backup directly without loading it first to my sysnand?

Whats fake news? Whats the dragon injector, simular to sx pro i guess with payload swap or multi payloads installed probably.

As for NSP's can i use those playing online? My understanding is that NSP's will get you banned and XCIs were better but with no SXOS then XCI is no more, so online is just legit games then right?

THANKS for all the info.

Last edited by 00diabolic,

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not say I absolutely know there will be no SX OS update. As I said, if SX OS does not receive any future updates, then switching to Atmosphere will be required to play new games that require system versions above 11.0.0.

Given the amount of time it has been since 11.0.1 was released, it is looking increasingly likely that SX OS is no longer supported.

Lassie stop trolling. They have skipped firmware revision before. Seems increasingly likely that you're just talking out the side of your neck. Stop it. This is not a place to troll. We do not respect your input because you do not respect us. It's obvious. You think you're so Superior. Go away.

Reactions: nWo

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

I honestly stopped trying to talk to that user. Literally everything to him is a personal attack, “trolling,” and so on. If you aren’t 100% on his side, it’s a personal attack. Plus, he’s fully committed to defending his idea. He still gets mad when people advice Gateway users switch to Luma3DS.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lassie stop trolling. They have skipped firmware revision before. Seems increasingly likely that you're just talking out the side of your neck. Stop it. This is not a place to troll. We do not respect your input because you do not respect us. It's obvious. You think you're so Superior. Go away.
TX has never gone this long without releasing a support update, and this is the first time they didn't release a support update following their severe legal issues. There is good reason to think this is the end of the road for SX OS updates.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok makes sense.. so I would have to go my backup of sysnand 4.1.0 to create the emuland of 4.1.0 or is there a way to create it from my backup directly without loading it first to my sysnand?

Whats fake news? Whats the dragon injector, simular to sx pro i guess with payload swap or multi payloads installed probably.

As for NSP's can i use those with online? My understanding is that NSP's will get you banned and XCIs were better but with no SXOS then XCI is no more, so online is just legit games then right?

THANKS for all the info.

You only kinda get it.

Just restore your backup and make your EmuNAND from it. . Make the emunand on a separate SD if you can. You cannot use any NSP files or xci files online. That is piracy. Don't try to weasel your way around it. You're clean then we'll have none of this. Only legit cartridges and eShop stuff. That's it.

Dragon injector is a payload injector that fits in your cartridge slot. They are not being made anymore. Good luck finding one. Fake news is something that can be installed on 4.1. Basically you'll have a new entry when you start up the switch that if you click it and follow the instructions it will boot into whatever payload you set up. I set up argon NX which is a menu to select other payloads. Without autorcm it works like this, turn on switch, click the fake news Banner, follow the instructions on screen I think it's something like press this and then press power. Then my argon NX menu comes up with all of my CFW choices. I choose between SX OS, atmosphere, Linux, Android and Lakka. I also have a separate SD card for clean only. Also with fake news on it that i use to boot in to my clean EmuNAND setup.

TX has never gone this long without releasing a support update, and this is the first time they didn't release a support update following their severe legal issues. There is good reason to think this is the end of the road for SX OS updates.

They sure as hell did skip a firmware revision before. That's as long as it's been. 11.0.1 is an unnecessary firmware anyway . Also they have released firmware since the legal issues started. Who cares what you think. You are not an SX OS user. You do not belong here. Stop it. Go away troll.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I honestly stopped trying to talk to that user. Literally everything to him is a personal attack, “trolling,” and so on. If you aren’t 100% on his side, it’s a personal attack. Plus, he’s fully committed to defending his idea. He still gets mad when people advice Gateway users switch to Luma3DS.

There she is. Figures you would show up. You are the worst troll there is around here. Go away. If anybody wants to abandon SX OS they'll talk to you. You can't even fathom the fact that we want to have both. Just go away Lilith. You already know we don't want to hear it. Why are you here? To clog up the thread with a bunch of crap until it gets redacted and shut down. Like you have admitted in the past. That is your true goal. You are not helping anybody. You are a troll in the purest sense of the word. Isn't that what you see when you look in the mirror? Go away

Last edited by mikefor20,

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SXOS threads generally turn to a shit storm over time b/c it always ends with atmosphere. So this is why we have this kind of bickering.
If you want to keep using something and think it still has value within your personal use its 100% fine. B/c of the state sxos has put itself in its not worth the hassle to debate over it despite the fact that I still use it for my needs. If ppl want to jump ship to atmo then lets help them do it instead fighting over it wasting page space.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SXOS threads generally turn to a shit storm over time b/c it always ends with atomoshere. So this is why we have this kind of bickering.
If you want to keep using something and think it still has value within your personal use its 100% fine. B/c of the state sxos has put itself in its not worth the hassle to debate over it despite the fact that I still use it for my needs. If ppl want to jump ship to atmo then lets help them do it instead fighting over it wasting page space.

If people want to jump ship they will go to one of the 1000 threads out to help them do so. That is already established. This is for people who want to continue to do what they want to do. All these jerks showing up to try to talk people out of SX OS are just trolls. Go to your already established "I want to switch" threads. And leave us the hell alone. They do this actively to try to get threads like this shutdown. They have admitted it in the past. They need to just go away. Go back to your little hole under your Bridge. We don't want you here

Reactions: nWo

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You only kinda get it.

Just restore your backup and make your EmuNAND from it. . Make the emunand on a separate SD if you can. You cannot use any NSP files or xci files online. That is piracy. Don't try to weasel your way around it. You're clean then we'll have none of this. Only legit cartridges and eShop stuff. That's it.

Dragon injector is a payload injector that fits in your cartridge slot. They are not being made anymore. Good luck finding one. Fake news is something that can be installed on 4.1. Basically you'll have a new entry when you start up the switch that if you click it and follow the instructions it will boot into whatever payload you set up. I set up argon NX which is a menu to select other payloads. Without autorcm it works like this, turn on switch, click the fake news Banner, follow the instructions on screen I think it's something like press this and then press power. Then my argon NX menu comes up with all of my CFW choices. I choose between SX OS, atmosphere, Linux, Android and Lakka. I also have a separate SD card for clean only. Also with fake news on it that i use to boot in to my clean EmuNAND setup.

They sure as hell did skip a firmware revision before. That's as long as it's been. 11.0.1 is an unnecessary firmware anyway . Also they have released firmware since the legal issues started. Who cares what you think. You are not an SX OS user. You do not belong here. Stop it. Go away troll.

There she is. Figures you would show up. You are the worst troll there is around here. Go away. If anybody wants to abandon SX OS still talk to you. You can't even fathom the fact that we want to have both. Just go away Lilith. You already know we don't want to hear it. Why are you here? The clog up the thread with a bunch of crap in till it gets redacted and shut down. Like you have admitted in the past. That is your true goal. You are not helping anybody. You are a troll in the purest sense of the word. Isn't that what you see when you look in the mirror? Go away
Either TX has stopped putting out updates, or they can put out updates but have chosen not to. What is the possible motive for TX, a profit-based group, merely choosing not to put out an update for 11.0.1 while SX OS users flock to Atmosphere in droves? That would be a PR nightmare. It's pretty clear to most of us what's actually going on. The simplest explanation is the most likely one.

Also, if the argument is that TX is alive but just indistinguishable from dead, arbitrarily skipping system versions and going months without updates, why would you want to use SX OS?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if I were going to install cfw, it'd be only to dump saves, but I'm pretty sure it's detectable....as is dumping games, which is why I'm downloading only games I own, then converting, compressing, renaming, checking them.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either TX has stopped putting out updates, or they can put out updates but have chosen not to. What is the possible motive for TX, a profit-based group, merely choosing not to put out an update for 11.0.1 while SX OS users flock to Atmosphere in droves? That would be a PR nightmare. It's pretty clear to most of us what's actually going on. The simplest explanation is the most likely one.

Also, if the argument is that TX is alive but just indistinguishable from dead, arbitrarily skipping system versions and going months without updates, why would you want to use SX OS?

Why would they put out an update to 11.0.1.? It offers nothing. No games need it. And nobody goes online in SX OS so who gives a fuck? Why would they spend their resources and their time developing something that is unnecessary like that. Just so that you can have emunand updated to the most current firmware to satisfy your OCD? Please it would be a complete waste of time and money for them to do that. They are smarter than that. And even if they are gone so what. It's not a question of switching it's a question of coexisting with both CFW. Get the hell out of here we don't need you

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
SXOS threads generally turn to a shit storm over time b/c it always ends with atmosphere. So this is why we have this kind of bickering.
The issue I often find more is that it’s often only a few people getting upset over others suggesting that maybe an alternative should be considered or tested. With the current state of SXOS it seems like a good idea to have an Atmosphere CFW installed, either fully replacing or along side SXOS. This shouldn’t be a controversial option to suggest. I get that some people consider that to not be helpful, but given the fact that there’s an update that broke SXOS and still no update to fix it, it shouldn’t be unreasonable to say that the solution is switch and wait if you have either updated or plan on updating.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue I often find more is that it’s often only a few people getting upset over others suggesting that maybe an alternative should be considered or tested. With the current state of SXOS it seems like a good idea to have an Atmosphere CFW installed, either fully replacing or along side SXOS. This shouldn’t be a controversial option to suggest. I get that some people consider that to not be helpful, but given the fact that there’s an update that broke SXOS and still no update to fix it, it shouldn’t be unreasonable to say that the solution is switch and wait if you have either updated or plan on updating.

voice of reason, truth without being hostile.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would they put out an update to 11.0.1.? It offers nothing. No games need it. And nobody goes online in SX OS so who gives a fuck? Why would they spend their resources and their time developing something that is unnecessary like that. Just so that you can have emunand updated to the most current firmware to satisfy your OCD? Please it would be a complete waste of time and money for them to do that. They are smarter than that. And even if they are gone so what. It's not a question of switching it's a question of coexisting with both CFW. Get the hell out of here we don't need you
If their goal is to sell units and licenses, it would probably be a good idea to not be ambiguous, at best, about whether or not the product is still supported. The fact that we are having this conversation is evidence enough for why they should put out a support update to 11.0.1. It was also a minor system update, so it's not like the update was burdensome.

I'm a little offended you called @Lilith Valentine the biggest troll after saying it was me. I was on top, but only for a second. :(

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are a troll. Go away. We don't need you. It didn't break anything necessary. You don't need 11.0.1 for anything. Just your OCD. Go away troll. You are a bully. You coming here to a pro SX OS thread and just talk atmosphere. Your opinion doesn't matter here. It doesn't matter if you think it's Sound Advice. You can't use my SSD in atmosphere so therefore it's junk. There are plenty of threads for your point of view. Leave ours alone.

voice of reason, truth without being hostile.

Not truth. More propaganda. Trying to tell me what to do with my slot. I don't care what you think. The anger comes from the repetitive badgering. She's not hostile because she's a troll. You're whole little Gestapo is going to come out now and get the whole thread shutdown. Go away.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@Lilith Valentine the biggest troll after saying it was me. I was on top, but only for a second. :(
I offended because I am literally worse than a troll, I am a demon. Demons are not trolls! We are a proud and noble race! :cry:

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I offended because I am literally worse than a troll, I am a demon. Demons are not trolls! We are a proud and noble race! :cry:

Proud and Noble races don't do everything they can to change who they are. You are not proud of anything about yourself. And demons are not proud of noble anyway they are crap. Piles of excrement that smell like sulfur. Don't you read the Bible that you're quoting? Stop it. Go away

And lassie I said you were top-tier troll. Not the top. You guys are bullies. Go away. We don't need you you're not helping the thread.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If people want to jump ship they will go to one of the 1000 threads out to help them do so. That is already established. This is for people who want to continue to do what they want to do. All these jerks showing up to try to talk people out of SX OS are just trolls. Go to your already established "I want to switch" threads. And leave us the hell alone. They do this actively to try to get threads like this shutdown. They have admitted it in the past. They need to just go away. Go back to your little hole under your Bridge. We don't want you here
Yeah I know what you mean this has been going on since 2018 where sxos threads get hijacked with atmo discussions and opinions but at the same time sxos uses atmo's source code so its pretty much fair game. Overtime I got used it and stopped engaging in debates b/c I learned that ppl who use atmo will never care to understand the reason of having sxos in the 1st place. So it just turns into a battle of persuasion toward ppl who can't think for themselves or do any research. Having both cfw covers ground for me I can still launch games from external HDD on my sxos switch and if new games require the latest firmware I have an atmosphere switch for that. But I cant speak for everyone else to have the same experience of both worlds.

Reactions: mikefor20

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If their goal is to sell units and licenses, it would probably be a good idea to not be ambiguous, at best, about whether or not the product is still supported. The fact that we are having this conversation is evidence enough for why they should put out a support update to 11.0.1. It was also a minor system update, so it's not like the update was burdensome.

I'm a little offended you called @Lilith Valentine the biggest troll after saying it was me. I was on top, but only for a second. :(

Why spend money to support 11.0.1? It's useless. How is this helping the thread? Go away you already have your circle jerk somewhere else

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Proud and Noble races don't do everything they can to change who they are. You are not proud of anything about yourself. And demons are not proud of noble anyway they are crap. Piles of excrement that smell like sulfur. Don't you read the Bible that you're quoting? Stop it. Go away

And lassie I said you were top-tier troll. Not the top. You guys are bullies. Go away. We don't need you you're not helping the thread.
Who is going to be the one to tell him there's no reason to think anything in the Bible is true? I'm just surprised the SX OS manual isn't his Bible.

Why spend money to support 11.0.1? It's useless. How is this helping the thread? Go away you already have your circle jerk somewhere else
Supporting 11.0.1 is far from useless to TX. That's evidenced by those flocking from SX OS to Atmosphere. That's not exactly in TX's best interest, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: And what?