Not open for further replies.

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Hi,

I noticed FW 11.0.1 has been out for quite a while now and yet there are no SXOS boot.dat available.
How come ? Is there something I missed ?
Will this be updated or what ?

Thanks.

thats nothing new Team Xecuter have done that before they even skipped minor firmware versions like 11.0.x
only 11.0.1 is not that minor cause it fixes lots of bugs in 11.0.0 since theres no SXOS update they will probably skip
this firmware version
but who really knows its not like you can ask them

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thats nothing new Team Xecuter have done that before they even skipped minor firmware versions like 11.0.x
only 11.0.1 is not that minor cause it fixes lots of bugs in 11.0.0 since theres no SXOS update they will probably skip
this firmware version
but who really knows its not like you can ask them
Is there a way in the meantime for my daughter to be able to run Minecraft for instance ?

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Is there a way in the meantime for my daughter to be able to run Minecraft for instance ?

sure you can install atmosphere and play all your games if you want you can use Atmosphere just to downgrade to
11.0.0 and continue use sxos

EDIT: if you have Patched, Mariko or Switch Lite check about the downgrade not sure how it works on
those consoles

Last edited by LyuboA,

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sure you can install atmosphere and play all your games if you want you can use Atmosphere just to downgrade to
11.0.0 and continue use sxos

EDIT: if you have Patched, Mariko or Switch Lite check about the downgrade not sure how it works on
those consoles
Atmosphere is on for sure (not sure what version but I rolled back from 11.0.1 using it). I can launch Atmosphere from the SX OS boot menu but how then would my daughter run the xci file ?

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
install it using tinfoil. - Saves will stay the same
Before I screw up I'd rather check to make sure I actually succeed...

When booting into SX OS and going to Options / Payloads... which one of the three in there should I use ?
fusee-primary.bin
Lockpick_RCM.bin
passphrase.bin

Should anything else be there ?

Thanks.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

When booting into SX OS and going to Options / Payloads... which one of the three in there should I use ?
fusee-primary.bin
Lockpick_RCM.bin
passphrase.bin

Thanks.

hekate - hekate is a must for backups and stuff

Reactions: LyuboA

antiNT

:)
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar

fusee-primary.bin
Lockpick_RCM.bin
passphrase.bin

Thanks.
Fusee primary is the payload responsible for launching atmosphere. Use that one.

Reactions: andyhappypants

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just because the 11.0.0 support update dropped doesn't mean any of the above is untrue.
There is no reason not to think there wont be any updates like before. They are obv willing to put out updates. And it's not the entire team that faces these issues.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no reason not to think there wont be any updates like before. They are obv willing to put out updates. And it's not the entire team that faces these issues.
Both the legal issues and the lack of an update this long after the release of 11.0.1 (a minor update) are unprecedented.

I did not say there won't be a support update released for 11.0.1, although it does become less likely as time goes on without one. I said the future of TX is unclear due to the legal issues they're facing. SX OS might never receive another compatibility update, and SX OS users should at least explore using Atmosphere, just in case. Even if a support update for 11.0.1 is eventually released, any update could be TX's last.

The history of Gateway 3DS is repeating itself. Updates take longer and longer to be released until they eventually cease altogether.

Last edited by Lacius,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere is on for sure (not sure what version but I rolled back from 11.0.1 using it). I can launch Atmosphere from the SX OS boot menu but how then would my daughter run the xci file ?
If you rolled back from 11.0.1, then you're on 11.0.0 or lower, and you can use sxos again.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Both the legal issues and the lack of an update this long after the release of 11.0.1 (a minor update) are unprecedented.

I did not say there won't be a support update released for 11.0.1, although it does become less likely as time goes on without one. I said the future of TX is unclear due to the legal issues they're facing. SX OS might never receive another compatibility update, and SX OS users should at least explore using Atmosphere, just in case. Even if a support update for 11.0.1 is eventually released, any update could be TX's last.

The history of Gateway 3DS is repeating itself. Updates take longer and longer to be released until they eventually cease altogether.
Like mentioned before. They have skipped a minor update before. Who knows what they are thinking regarding this.
The legal issues aren't that much of a problem or we wouldn't have had 11.0.
It is true, that SX can always stop support for updates. But that has always been the case.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should they end support for SXOS, it sends a message to their customers about future product support....let's see.

Reactions: ELY_M
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night