Gaming 1000 roms on 1 card!!!

andy1978

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know if its you are able to get 1000 roms on a micro ds card? Herd some one was selling these for £32. Maybe you can condense the files or somethin?

Endogene

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
ehhhh havn't heard of it but guess it's possible
micro SD cards can hold up to 2Gb now a day if i'm not mistaking
So 2meg a rom and you have a thousand.
Although i would never pay someone for something that is not theirs, i consider it worse than stealing

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
Would you please stop calling them MicroDS cards, they are called MicroSD! Micro Secure Digital, ok?

The DS has nothing to do with them at all. Besides the fact they're so damn useful for flashcarts because of their size.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
What do you mean by a "micro DS cart"? A pirate multicart or a flash card with a microSD card in it?

If it's the former, if it's anything like the multigame GBA carts you used to get then they'll have taken large liberties with the definition of the word "game". The multi GBA carts (and those joypads you get with games built in) usually make the boasts of "400 games" or "900 games" or whatever based on things like

a) GB, NES or similar games used as filler because they're tiny
b) 120 different hacks of NES Mario
c) Different levels or modes of the same game separated and counted as different games

I have seen some pirate GBA multicarts with a lower number of games where all the games have been pretty decent, but pirate carts tend to have pretty shoddy save functions which can corrupt your save, so they're still not really worth it.

Just spend your £32 on a slot-1 flashcart and a 2gb cart and put the games you want on it.

andy1978

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just got told from a person who visited a car boot sale. So i did just assume they were flash cards. But a 1000? Even a 16gb card couldn't hold that many no matter how small the roms were right?

Gerinych

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Buy R4II cause it supports SDHC, meaning if I can fit 30 roms on 1 gig, imagine how much would be on 32? Hmm, almost 1000
smile.gif

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Gerinych said:
Buy R4II cause it supports SDHC, meaning if I can fit 30 roms on 1 gig, imagine how much would be on 32? Hmm, almost 1000
smile.gif
FYI, there are no 32 GB MicroSDs' yet.

andy1978

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you get 32 SDHC card? Bet it would be expensive. I can't see people selling these at £32 at car boot sales then. Maybe got mixed up with something else. Who knows. Would be could if you could get 1000 games on though. Last you the whole year.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
andy1978 said:
Can you get 32 SDHC card? Bet it would be expensive. I can't see people selling these at £32 at car boot sales then. Maybe got mixed up with something else. Who knows. Would be could if you could get 1000 games on though. Last you the whole year.
Techically they can make Sdhc-cards up to 32GB, but so far I think the biggest ones are 16GB and they're prototypes.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For that money you should be able to get a 6GB MicroSDHC. You may not be able to fit that amount of DS games on it, but if you throw a fair amount of SNES; NES and GB games into it, that should be no problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1