Country
Switzerland
game01 said:
Wabsta said:
game01 said:
@Wabsta i don't get the picture?
Watch Gantz. Then you'll get it
smile.gif

don't have too much time to watch can't you just explain it? please?

Don't worry it's in the first episode (I think). And it's an awesome anime.

Back on topic, that's why I never use portable devices on the street. Even MP3 players (I listen to the music with only one earphone). Maybe he'll be more careful next time.

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
GundamXXX said:
Surprised that everyone just stood there going "Duhhhhh"
it's psychological. There was a crowd, so they tend to pass the responsibility to others like "someone will help him". If it were just a few people, more would help the boy.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bad parents. That's what it is.. I have seen many kids went to the restaurant with the parents playing the video game. That's ridiculous. The video games should be for home or travel and spend time with parents or friends instead of focus on playing those video games. Jeez! Stupid and not very smart things to do.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cuelhu said:
GundamXXX said:
it's psychological. There was a crowd, so they tend to pass the responsibility to others like "someone will help him". If it were just a few people, more would help the boy.
I know it is, doesnt make me more surprised though
tongue.gif

I once saw a kid fall into a lake and everyone was standing there shouting "Somebody do something" so I dived in and pulled him out (yaya Im a hero) and asked them "Why would you not jump in yourself?!" then they just stared at me blankly. Same happend when someone had a major seizure/major fit (foam and everything) at the trainstation so some of us ended up yelling commands to peopel to call ambulance and too keep him pinned down before he ended up on the tracks... people are stupid -_-

ineap09

Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
GundamXXX said:
Cuelhu said:
GundamXXX said:
tongue.gif

I once saw a kid fall into a lake and everyone was standing there shouting "Somebody do something" so I dived in and pulled him out (yaya Im a hero) and asked them "Why would you not jump in yourself?!" then they just stared at me blankly. Same happend when someone had a major seizure/major fit (foam and everything) at the trainstation so some of us ended up yelling commands to peopel to call ambulance and too keep him pinned down before he ended up on the tracks... people are stupid -_-
I wouldn't say that people are stupid because of this. It's just that some people work better under pressure than others. I become consumed by the "what ifs" when things like that happen. Does that mean I'm stupid?

ineap09

Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
squirrelman10 said:
why cant that kid multitask, its like driving while txting i can do it,..... down my gravel road i live on with no one else driving and no cops ever patrol down that road.....
So you're saying that since you're good at multitasking, the kid should be good at multitasking too?

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ineap09 said:
squirrelman10 said:
why cant that kid multitask, its like driving while txting i can do it,..... down my gravel road i live on with no one else driving and no cops ever patrol down that road.....
So you're saying that since you're good at multitasking, the kid should be good at multitasking too?
No, what he's saying is; because he's so good at breaking the law, the kid should be too.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ineap09 said:
GundamXXX said:
Cuelhu said:
GundamXXX said:
tongue.gif

I wouldn't say that people are stupid because of this. It's just that some people work better under pressure than others. I become consumed by the "what ifs" when things like that happen. Does that mean I'm stupid?
What Im doing now is a what if, a what if that cop wasnt there to do anything?
A what if on hindsight is good, it makes you think but on moments like those you need to act immediatly and not wonder what if

ineap09

Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
GundamXXX said:
ineap09 said:
GundamXXX said:
Cuelhu said:
GundamXXX said:
tongue.gif

A what if on hindsight is good, it makes you think but on moments like those you need to act immediatly and not wonder what if
Then perhaps the problem is which what ifs people think of at moments like those.

You could think what if that cop wasn't there to do anything?

Or you could think what if I try to help but end up getting in the way of someone who actually knows what they're doing? I'd actually hinder the rescue then!

These situations almost always come as a surprise, so no one's prepared for it. Some people adapt to surprising situations better than others. And another thing, there are those who think before they act, and those who act before they think. Which do you think would be better to handle the situation? The ones who act before they think, right? Does that mean the others are stupid because they don't react as quick as those who act before thinking?

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ineap09 said:
GundamXXX said:
ineap09 said:
GundamXXX said:
Cuelhu said:
GundamXXX said:
tongue.gif

Then perhaps the problem is which what ifs people think of at moments like those.

You could think what if that cop wasn't there to do anything?

Or you could think what if I try to help but end up getting in the way of someone who actually knows what they're doing? I'd actually hinder the rescue then!

These situations almost always come as a surprise, so no one's prepared for it. Some people adapt to surprising situations better than others. And another thing, there are those who think before they act, and those who act before they think. Which do you think would be better to handle the situation? The ones who act before they think, right? Does that mean the others are stupid because they don't react as quick as those who act before thinking?
I understand what you mean but I think before I act but I make the thought and the decision to do or not do something rather fast

ineap09

Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
squirrelman10 said:
no im not good at breaking the law, but people need to be taught how to do more things at once
Some people have an affinity for multitasking, others do not. It all depends on how much your brain focuses in on one thing. Especially for those with disorders such as ADHD, multitasking is asking for trouble.

Oh, and you said that you're not good at breaking the law. Does that mean you're bad at breaking the law? Or just average at breaking the law perhaps?

QUOTEI understand what you mean but I think before I act but I make the thought and the decision to do or not do something rather fast
Nice. The world would probably be a safer place if more people could make that decision as fast as you can. But that's not really a skill that can be trained...or can it?

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ineap09 said:
QUOTE said:
I understand what you mean but I think before I act but I make the thought and the decision to do or not do something rather fast
Nice. The world would probably be a safer place if more people could make that decision as fast as you can. But that's not really a skill that can be trained...or can it?
*Goes to play Dr Kawashima's Brain Training*
Dont know if it can
tongue.gif

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't help but quickly lol at the video. I even imagined the high-pitch "slipped-on-a-banana-peep" sound effect when he went off the edge, followed by a laugh track.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1