I hate zelda 2
frown.gif
at least balloon fight ballences it.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Not bad not bad at all, but Kid Icarus is missing!! :@ :@ FFS NINTENDO, Kid Icarus 2 (Literally 2) is coming by the end of this year, giving your fans the first installment would've made a LOT of sense. -_- Especially for those to whom Pitt brought a reaction of "Eh? Who the hell are you?" in SSBB....

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a little something i've noticed-
No second or third party developed games have been announced yet. Even IP's that Nintendo owns but gave to an outside developer to make. The list of exclusively Nintendo developed IP's on the GBA is actually quite small. They often gave their IP's to second or third parties to make (Camelot, Intelligent Systems, Game Freak, Paon, Artoon, Hal, and even Capcom). The possibilities of remaining GBA games could very well be deduced based on the simple fact that there's only around 10 games that Nintendo even developed themselves in-house on the GBA.

You can see the list of games Nintendo made or published on the GBA here-
http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Nin...ame_Boy_Advance

I think that's the full list or somewhere near it. Go ahead and click on them one by one if you like, very few of them were developed by Nintendo themselves. Published yes, but few were developed in-house. Ones that were done by Nintendo include the 5 already announced along with a short list of others. Specifically, any Mario Advance title (4 of them, one of which is confirmed). Zero Mission (see comment below). And Wario Land 4. Even Wario Ware Twisted was done by Intelligent Systems (despite the first one being done by Nintendo, and the first being on the list of confirmed games).

So fair warning, don't expect any second or third party games at this point. Including Kirby, Fire Emblem, Golden Sun, or even some Mario or Donkey Kong games. Even IP's that may belong to Nintendo may not be able to appear due to politics. There could be some trouble with convincing the outside developers to allow their games to be released for free.

I also think this list means we may not get Metroid Zero Mission now with the NES version confirmed. That would really render the NES version sort of useless and a cheat. It's the superior remade version of the original and even came with the original as an unlockable for beating the game. Having the NES version as a free game would be a clear scam since you'd be getting the game twice. Better to not piss people off or anything.

Of course, i'm speaking on speculation alone, realize that. But i'm also speaking based on what we know so far as well as logic. Make your own conclusions on the matter.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
granville said:
-snipped-
Of course, i'm speaking on speculation alone, realize that. But i'm also speaking based on what we know so far as well as logic. Make your own conclusions on the matter.
Your logic makes 100% sense to me. After reading this, even I'm wondering if they'll really deduce the GBA list down to...say 5 FREE Games?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually disregard my previous post entirely (well except the Zero Mission part, that still stands for now). I failed to realize that Mario Kart Super Circuit was developed by Intelligent Systems. That's one of the confirmed games. That opens a lot of doors and confirms that second party stuff is allowed. At least by that developer (and they made a bunch of GBA games, including Advance Wars). They are still technically a Nintendo-owned company and are a part of it, but that at least opens a lot of doors.

So any of the following could be plausible candidates for GBA games-
http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Int...ame_Boy_Advance

So the list of games is now well above 10 in possible candidates. And potentially beyond depending on which second party developers are willing. Intelligent Systems is apparently not technically a second party. We'll see.
rolleyes.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was gonna say, Minish Cap was a Capcom developed title, same as Four Swords, and that'll be a free DSiWare title soon.

It's pretty likely that Minish Cap will be one of the five unconfirmed GBA titles.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
Fyrus said:
Meh ... too bad there's not Kid Icarus.

QUOTE(SamAsh07 @ Aug 30 2011, 11:30 AM) Not bad not bad at all, but Kid Icarus is missing!! :@ :@ FFS NINTENDO, Kid Icarus 2 (Literally 2) is coming by the end of this year, giving your fans the first installment would've made a LOT of sense. -_- Especially for those to whom Pitt brought a reaction of "Eh? Who the hell are you?" in SSBB....
But the first one was SO flawed, worse even than Metroid- both games had superior greyscale sequels but at least Metroid NES is playable to a modern audience... GB Kid Icarus is a more likely port- that way they can make money off of it!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
I was gonna say, Minish Cap was a Capcom developed title, same as Four Swords, and that'll be a free DSiWare title soon.

It's pretty likely that Minish Cap will be one of the five unconfirmed GBA titles.
I'd been thinking about Four Swords- is it possible that Capcom only developed the LTTP part of the game, and Nintendo developed the Four Swords part... Perhaps that's why it's free, because Capcom didn't develop that part of the game and has no claim over it. Speculation, but we'll see. At any rate, Capcom is a different entity from Intelligent Systems. Capcom is a full on third party, Intelligent Systems is actually a part of Nintendo itself (in fact, it simply evolved from a pre-existing Nintendo department). So we can't really say whether true second or third party games will happen yet for the free stuff. We'll see. If i see a Capcom logo in Four Swords free, i'll start believing.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:
RupeeClock said:

I'd been thinking about Four Swords- is it possible that Capcom only developed the LTTP part of the game, and Nintendo developed the Four Swords part... Perhaps that's why it's free, because Capcom didn't develop that part of the game and has no claim over it. Speculation, but we'll see. At any rate, Capcom is a different entity from Intelligent Systems. Capcom is a full on third party, Intelligent Systems is actually a part of Nintendo itself (in fact, it simply evolved from a pre-existing Nintendo department). So we can't really say whether true second or third party games will happen yet for the free stuff. We'll see. If i see a Capcom logo in Four Swords free, i'll start believing.
Capcom may be giving it for free to promote the Oracles if/when they come to E-Shop. It's a good bit of marketing and says to new Zelda fans "hey, we can make a good Zelda too"

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weaselpipe said:
SonicXXXthehedgehog said:
haha, donkey kong jr. and LoZ's pictures are switched
No SMB3? I'm surprised. Also YES! I hope we also get Zelda 2
SMB3 we are getting the GBA port, so all is good! I hope Zelda 2 is a sign that we get Minish Cap- I'd love a total handheld Zelda collection, it would make next time's Zelda marathon a whole lot easier!

I thought it was the GBA port of Yoshi's Island that's been confirmed, not SMB3.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe, i'll look for the Capcom logo if i get my hands on a copy (not that i'll play it, don't have anyone who would, shame there's no wifi). If i see that logo, i'll be a believer.

There was a rumor that SMB3 would be one of the GBA games, but it was just a rumor. One coupled with Kirby, a second party developed game. We'll see, not impossible of course. More than likely he meant Mario Advance 3 though, which is Yoshi's Island.

Diamondred

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hanafuda said:
Weaselpipe said:
haha, donkey kong jr. and LoZ's pictures are switched
No SMB3? I'm surprised. Also YES! I hope we also get Zelda 2
SMB3 we are getting the GBA port, so all is good! I hope Zelda 2 is a sign that we get Minish Cap- I'd love a total handheld Zelda collection, it would make next time's Zelda marathon a whole lot easier!

I thought it was the GBA port of Yoshi's Island that's been confirmed, not SMB3.

sorry, i wrote something and i just realized that i was wrong, so i deleted the previous message
sorry again

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:
Maybe, i'll look for the Capcom logo if i get my hands on a copy (not that i'll play it, don't have anyone who would, shame there's no wifi). If i see that logo, i'll be a believer.

There was a rumor that SMB3 would be one of the GBA games, but it was just a rumor. One coupled with Kirby, a second party developed game. We'll see, not impossible of course. More than likely he meant Mario Advance 3 though, which is Yoshi's Island.

QUOTE(Pong20302000 @ Jul 14 2011, 01:25 PM) August 11th Price Drop Freebies
NES games released on 1st September, will be able to buy if bought after if your not part of promotion
GBA will slowly release but exclusive to only people who bought before the 11th and registered on e-shop before the 11th
NES VC
-Super Mario Bros.
-The Legend of Zelda
-Ice Climber
-Balloon Fight
-Donkey Kong Jr.
-Wrecking Crew
-NES Open Tournament Golf
-Yoshi
-Metroid
-Legend of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

GBA VC
- Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bro's 3
- Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
- Mario Kart Super Circuit
- Metroid Fusion
- Wario Ware Inc Mega Microgame$
- Mario vs Donkey Kong
- Kirby & The Amazing Mirror -(may be removed)
- +3 more unknowns
From Pong's E-Shop compilation thread, SMB3 is on there

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Snailface said:
Hey Pong!
happy.gif

Question: What happens when you hold down Start while launching one of the games? Does it add 3D effects like GB Virtual Console?

purely a Emulation

you CANNOT! use save states till full version release

these work like playing the original with no extra 3DS features (filters on picture and sound and save states)
(if in the original game you can save then you can but no save state)

there Will be a update tho that enables the 3DS features
but to save time these run off the emulator basic function in the firmware

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Pong20302000 said:
Snailface said:
Hey Pong!
happy.gif

Question: What happens when you hold down Start while launching one of the games? Does it add 3D effects like GB Virtual Console?

purely a Emulation

these work like playing the original with no extra 3DS features (filters on picture and sound and save states)
Ah well, crap.
tongue.gif

The save states really help in hard games like Gargoyles' Quest.

Guess I'm going to have to wait to tackle Zelda 2.
nyanya.gif

Thanks for your intrepid reporting, Pong!
cool.gif

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
Snailface said:
Pong20302000 said:
Snailface said:
Hey Pong!
happy.gif

purely a Emulation

Ah well, crap.
tongue.gif

nyanya.gif

cool.gif
Any idea when the NES VC is coming to paying customers? As that is when we will get the savestates.
Are they like the Wii vc games, as in it saves when you exit but without the little doodad from the 3DS?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
OP
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Snailface said:
Pong20302000 said:
Snailface said:
Hey Pong!
happy.gif

purely a Emulation

Ah well, crap.
tongue.gif

nyanya.gif

cool.gif

Zelda 2 you can save on
Lose all three lives and select "Save." Or you can pause the game and press Up+A and select "Save."
as that game has a save function in it

Mario Brothers you cannot save tho as it have no save function in the original

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
there are some older games on the gba that need to come out again as i dont think anyone has tasted them.

as gran said, its just hope that some other better games come out but i feel the likeliness is low.

these games are not bad for those who have not played the nes at all

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
Weaselpipe said:
Meh, I don't think they'd put two full mario games for the gba ones, as people would really want those games, and would miss out cuz they're not early adopters.
But they've said the GBA's are for ambassadors only, so what does it matter?!
they said that these 10 gba games will not be availible to the public, that means that they will eventually sell GBA games on the e-shop, but not those 10.
they never said they would not sell them people keep pushing this myth around
they said they have no plans to sell them at the moment - so in the future they will most likely sell them espc the mario and kirby that will make nintendo quick and easy money

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM