Hardware 10.4 N3DS in the wild?

wawnord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A customer told me, he bought in a german mediamarkt a N3DS with Fw 10.4 yesterday. Do you think this is possible? 10.4 is only a few days out.

wawnord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My words, but he swears, that he is on 10.4 and never connected to the internet. Actually i'm waiting for a few answers from him. I will keep you up to date if there is something new.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My words, but he swears, that he is on 10.4 and never connected to the internet. Actually i'm waiting for a few answers from him. I will keep you up to date if there is something new.

not possible, if you buy a n3ds at retail right now, there's no 10.4 n3ds. This guy obviously updated his 3ds by accident and decided to return it.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The most likely scenario is that someone bought it before, updated it and used it for a bit, but then decided to return it for some reason so did a system format and put everything back in the box and returned it. Unlike the o3DS boxes, I don't think they put little sealing tape on the box lids anymore so it's harder to tell if it's been opened yet.

wawnord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The store he got it from probably opened it, updated, repacked and called it "new and unopened".

I don't think so, cause MediaMarkt is one of the 2 biggest electronicstores in germany. And why should they do it? I don't believe, that nintendo calls every reseller to update their consoles to prevent hacks and downgrades.
The most likely scenario is that someone bought it before, updated it and used it for a bit, but then decided to return it for some reason so did a system format and put everything back in the box and returned it. Unlike the o3DS boxes, I don't think they put little sealing tape on the box lids anymore so it's harder to tell if it's been opened yet.

This is what i think, too..... or he is just a dumbass and updated by himself and is lying to me.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't think so, cause MediaMarkt is one of the 2 biggest electronicstores in germany. And why should they do it? I don't believe, that nintendo calls every reseller to update their consoles to prevent hacks and downgrades.

This is what i think, too..... or he is just a dumbass and updated by himself and is lying to me.

its either of those. even if they immediately switched production to only 10.4 systems the second they had that firmware ready, these units wouldn't be out there yet.

wawnord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thread can be closed . I've got the answer. His stupid girlfriend opened the box, and plays around with the 3DS, so on the first setup, she connected to their wifi and made an update while he was not @ home

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so like, did that customer just come back and tell you.
or is that "customers" stupid girlfriend actually your stupid girlfriend?

wawnord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No no, he PMed me, wanted to buy one of my last Gateway. I'm a collector.My girlfriend doesn't touch any of my consoles.

wawnord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nice... luckily i live alone.... No sisters, kids,grandmas,cats or dogs who could update my consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1