Homebrew 10.3 downgrade question

AshleyPebbles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok guys so I'm trying to downgrade my n3dsxl and I see that there is an update to 10.4, and I'm on 10.3 still will this affect me downgrading?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks! I guess the suspense is gonna kill me still trying to watch more tutorial videos and read a little more before I try
It's really simple to do I have done a number of 3ds systems some mine and some for friends and have yet to have a soft brick

Rattor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks! I guess the suspense is gonna kill me still trying to watch more tutorial videos and read a little more before I try
If you bought it recently, you can always try to return it or exchange it if the downgrade goes wrong. Every 3DS currently in stores will be below 10.3.

Reactions: AshleyPebbles

Robmead23

Trophies
XP
I've done a few 3d's now and no softbrick. Just take your time use safesysupdater and make sure you have the right files. If it seems to freeze give it some time before turning off also a lot of people are recommending formating the ds before starting

AshleyPebbles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use rein 3 and I'm following the guide to use the new one and it says to open boot.cfg with notepad and copy and paste and I cannt find a boot cffg but I found a boot.3dsx

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use rein 3 and I'm following the guide to use the new one and it says to open boot.cfg with notepad and copy and paste and I cannt find a boot cffg but I found a boot.3dsx

Did you download and extract everything that he said to download? if for some reason its not there, you can just open notepad, paste it in and then save it. When you do, set it to all files and name it "boot.cfg" and that should work. But I think that its included in one of the downloads.

AshleyPebbles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so I followed
Did you download and extract everything that he said to download? if for some reason its not there, you can just open notepad, paste it in and then save it. When you do, set it to all files and name it "boot.cfg" and that should work. But I think that its included in one of the downloads.

ok so if I did the whole tutorial with reinand 2.1, and if I want reinand 3.1 would I have to do the whole tutorial again? like would I have to backuo my nand and stuff too? or just take out my sd card and replace the files and done?

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a n3ds i try to downgrade it.
when i try to do browserhax the browser asks for an sysupdate.
what can i do?

Do you have any other hax entry points? The browser checks if you are on the latest firmware I think and if not it locks you out until you update. I'm not to sure if you can remove that though. I never encountered that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM