10.0.0-27U: Is there any hope?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by The9thBit, Sep 28, 2015.

1. The9thBit
    OP

The9thBit Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2015
    United States
    I'll make this short, because I only have a single question here.

I'm running on official firmware 10.0.0-27U on O3DS. Is there any possibility of CFW for this firmware by the end of the year? So far, it's looking like all the progress in the CFW field is happening exclusively with 9.x/8.x.

Sorry I'm asking such noob questions, but I am a noob... :P

2. Alternator47

Alternator47 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2015
    United States
    The thing is, nobody knows. You can't expect an ETA on something that no one knows about.

3. lemanuel

lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    Exactly. You need a new exploit in order to do stuff like having a CFW on 9.3+
    So without it, you really don't have any ETA. It might be tomorrow, it might be in a year.
    There's plenty of work in background in order to overcome that limit. But so far there's still nothing to show and it's impossible to give any type of ETA.

4. Nintendo Fanboy

Nintendo Fanboy GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 6, 2015
    United States
    In Los Santos, GTA: San Andreas.
    NO! NO! STOP! No, we can't. It's sad that people were waiting for the hax, just to pirate.

5. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    arm9 hax allows for more than piracy.

6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You will be better off buying an exploitable console and selling your one. Otherwise exploitable consoles are only going to get rarer and you might never be able to exploit yours.

7. Ronhero

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    It does :creep:

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones and people 10.0 and under shouldn't update if they want CFW.

In reality ANYONE who wants a CFW should hard mod at what ever their system is unboxed at and just update freely and wait

lemanuel and zoogie like this.
  8. djalmafreestyler

djalmafreestyler GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 31, 2011
    Brazil
    It's funny to see how people can believe that 3ds users want to something different unless piracy.

I made some cfw video tutorials on YT and in 100 comments 70 its people asking for some CFW working in lastest firmware LOL

9. honyo29

honyo29 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 27, 2014
    Indonesia
    no one promise anything about this. that's all i can tell. i could say it'll never happen, but things can change overnight.
    judging from the past, no one ever release arm 9 exploit to public before gateway team did, and if it's from gateway, it will be months after the announcement, then months later, public cfw finally able to RE it. all we know, there's no such promise/announcement but of couse, once again, things can suddenly change, but don't hold your breath for it.

getting a hackable o3ds to replace your system is far from impossible, and thanks to cfw, you don't have to buy gateway. so it's much, much cheaper (and better) than keep your system and buying qq or sky, or something that might be worse: waiting for nothing.

tl, dr: don't wait.

Last edited by honyo29, Sep 28, 2015
    insidexdeath likes this.
  10. RaMon90

RaMon90 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 3, 2013
    Italy
    Its difficult to answer, we dont know if there will be a nother big exploit for above 9.2.
    Also you're lucky that nobody was angry at your topic, usually they are tired of the same questions over and over again. It wont be the last one, thats for sure.
    Maybe try to find yourself another exploitable o3ds? Its up to you.

11. Death78793

Death78793 What is this, a first person shooter?

Jan 16, 2015
    You might have to hold your horses for a while. There are no publicly documented (if not existent) exploits that could be run to get anything working on newer firmwares. Even if there were, you'd still need someone that would willingly convert it into a convenient package that end users like us could use. So yeah, unless someone wants to actively research and RE every single process they can find, we're going to be waiting a while.

12. Jwiz33

Jwiz33

Banned
    Jun 5, 2014
    United States
    in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
    NTR-CFW, Decrypt9, EmuNAND, Romhacks/Translations(NTR). You can do a lot more with arm9 than just piracy.
    But yeah, I do see what you mean. Really, in my opinion, anyone who only wants piracy should just get a Sky3DS.

13. ironmaster49

ironmaster49 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 9, 2015
    Piracy already works on latest firmware with a sky3ds, a cfw will allow for dynarec on emulators (can be piracy depending on if you own the games or not but they work without a kexploit anyway but horribly), NTR is also cool and so is messing around with .cia homebrew. I prefer having all my software on the home menu rather than on the homebrew launcher, if we can have a way to install legit cia and extract them from my 3ds (have some eshop games) will be cool

14. ils411

ils411 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2015
    nope. no hope. Luke turned to the darkside.

ldeveraux likes this.