Group: GBAtemp Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, after having my XenoGC sitting in a box for over a year I decided to install it. Easier said then done.
tongue.gif

After 5 failed installation attempts I thought I was never going to get the little chip in there. But then I thought, hey, why not try wires? After all, that's what I was going to do in the first place, but didn't try it because of the size of the chip.

After about an hour of getting the stupid wires in the right place (I used copper wires) I was almost sure I had done something wrong. BUT GUESS WHAT?!? It worked!
yay.gif

What games should I play? So far I've gotten Mario Kart and Twilight Princess. I also got a Gameboy emulator, so now I can play my old 240 × 160 games on my 32" HDTV!
biggrin.gif

EDIT: After burning TP (which was 0.9GB) it gives me this error: An error has occurred. Turn the Power Off and check the Nintendo GameCube Instruction Booklet for further instructions.

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well IIRC the games all needed a special size to be recognized right...there was a programm to bump up the size to the needed value

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Raki said:
well IIRC the games all needed a special size to be recognized right...there was a programm to bump up the size to the needed value
Name please?

QUOTE(Splych @ Nov 18 2009, 08:30 PM) LOL. Tales of Symphonia, the first. SSBM, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance.
Already have SSBM but I'll try the other ones.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hold on...

Tales of Symphonia is an RPG/Action game. So you run around, run into a monster, and you fight it.
Fire Emblem is a Turn-Based tactics game. I recommend you try Fire Emblem or Fire Emblem the Sacred Stones on GBA to know if you will like those type of games.

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
playallday said:
EDIT: After burning TP (which was 0.9GB) it gives me this error: An error has occurred. Turn the Power Off and check the Nintendo GameCube Instruction Booklet for further instructions.

Get "GameCube GCM-ISO Tools" (I'm using 1.2) Burn your games in "Matrix" or "Ridata" MiniDVDs, And patch them (With the app) And burn the "fix" iso (It get's listed after patched, It's not too complicated) Just don't patch the ones which are 1.4 Gb already. If you need some advice in this feel free to ask me.

And for the games, There's the Essentials list in this forum, But i would recommend you Killer7,Tales of symphony,The Zelda games,Fzero Gx, Viewtiful Joe... I can't think of other games at this moment heh...

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
After 5 failed installation attempts I thought I was never going to get the little chip in there. But then I thought, hey, why not try wires? After all, that's what I was going to do in the first place, but didn't try it because of the size of the chip.
Any chance of you posting some post-install pics (the board and whatnot)? I have had a few failed attempts at installing my chip as well and was thinking I may go the wired route too.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha you know what's weird? I also bought a Xeno GC back in March 2008 and never installed it. I even got a soldering iron for my 14th birthday (15mm, I believe), but my mom would never let me use it.. (Weird, I know.. :/) I did, however, take apart my Gamecube and put it back together. It was an accomplished feeling.. I should do that with some of my other consoles...
cool.gif
(My Gamecube is the only one I ever took apart..)

EDIT: It's still lying around to this date.

playallday

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nin10doFan said:
Haha you know what's weird? I also bought a Xeno GC back in March 2008 and never installed it. I even got a soldering iron for my 14th birthday (15mm, I believe), but my mom would never let me use it.. (Weird, I know.. :/) I did, however, take apart my Gamecube and put it back together. It was an accomplished feeling.. I should do that with some of my other consoles...
cool.gif
(My Gamecube is the only one I ever took apart..)

EDIT: It's still lying around to this date.
Hey, did you get it from Corruptjon? I got mine from him.

QUOTE(jphriendly @ Nov 21 2009, 05:14 PM) Any chance of you posting some post-install pics (the board and whatnot)? I have had a few failed attempts at installing my chip as well and was thinking I may go the wired route too.
Use wires and take your time. That's the key. I right now I'm seeing if I can flash a ATmega8 chip with the XenoGC hex, so I might post some photo's of that if it works (check it out over here).

Thanks for the tips on the games.
smile.gif

Off topic: WHOA!!! It's 11PM already! I totally lost track of time. See ya guys tomorrow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)