Hacking 1 Working Card, 2 Bricked Cards, 3 DSi at 1.4

Talfrey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to fix a pair of bricked cards with one working card and all DSes updated to 1.4?

Simply enough I got all my shit working but both my friends are bricked. Is there a way to patch their stuff with mine?

Thanks

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Download the updated FW update here and extract the files to your MicroSD card. Note this was updated, so if you are using one download previously make sure it has "new" in the filename.

On your working Acekard run ak2ifw_update_14_DSL_new I know it has DSL in the filename, but as the one with DSi in the filename works fine on a DS lite, it should be fine to run the DSL one on your DSi. Either way it shouldn't damage your DSi or Acekard.

After you've run it you will get the following prompt:

IMG_3124.JPG

Eject your cart and insert a bricked cart. Press B and you get:

IMG_3125.JPG

Press start. Once the update is complete you get the following message:

IMG_3126.JPG

If it updated fine, repeat the process for the other cart.

edit: check it on mine and on that last screen if you press start again it immediately starts flashing again rather than asking you to eject/ insert. However I just ejected and inserted the cart again before pressing start and it still updated fine.

Let me know if it works.

Talfrey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*squeeee*

I never imagined I'd get a reply so quickly!

/bows

You sir are a godsend, I'll be back with how it goes.

Talfrey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I get to the point where you're supposed to switch out the cartridges and hit b, I switch them out, hit b, nothing happens.

What have I done wrong?

Talfrey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, for whatever reason, i'm getting no response to hitting b, I tried just hitting it without switching cartridges, nada.

Any thoughts as to why?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Make sure you've ejected and inserted the bricked before pressing B. On mine if you press B without ejecting cart it will just sit there.

If that doesn't work, try ejecting your cart and reinserting yours just to see if it gets to the next screen
IMG_3125.JPG

If it gets to that screen, then it probably means there's a problem with their carts. If it didn't then you need to borrow a DS Lite.

What ever you do, Don't press start on that screen or it will start updating your cart which you don't want to do. Just power off.

Talfrey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My cart has already been updated, would that make me unable to update their's this way?

And it looks like I might need a DS lite, because even ejecting mine and putting it back didn't work...

Is it because the software is meant for the DS lite that it's not working or could it be this particular DSi?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've no idea, it's not because your cart has been updated because i've update mine multiple times.

I know the DSi update works on both the DSi and DSL, but i've never tried the DSL update on a DSi. Normally you want to use the DSi update on either console, because it has a lower brick rate because as you've discovered it doesn't ask you to eject the cart. What happens when people run the DSL update is they flash their cart and at the end accidently press start again. It starts flashing their cart again, the user panics and powers off mid flash. They then end up with a bricked cart, this may have been what your friends did.

All I can suggest is you borrow a DSL and use that, do the same cart swapping as above.

You don't need to swap SD cards or have the update on the SD cards. Once you've run the DSL update, it's in the DSL's memory hence you can then swap the flash carts over.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, for whatever reason only the DSL one does. Don't try swapping the carts using the DSi one just incase you end up bricking your own cart.

For what it's worth, people have done cart swapping trick and sucessfully unbricked their cart. I imagine they also used a DS Lite, so once you manage to borrow one you should be ok.

edit:
I just tried it on my DS Lite. If I run the DSi one and eject/ reinsert the Acekart before pressing start I get "Card error, reboot DS and try again". Didn't brick the AK though!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s