$1 US Dollar = 1 Canadian Dollar

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Working in an electronics store, people always come up to me saying "How come this camera is so expensive, its like $100 cheaper in the US". My response is simple, "Just buy it there".

Despite the dollar being equal, distributors (eg. Sony, Panasonic, Nintendo) do not want to adjust their pricings in the Canadian region. I am speculating that these distributors are enjoying the increased profit margins without the need to lower prices.

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wtf? $1 usd = 1 canadian bacon? lolz! i wish it was like that with australia. Its like
$1 usd = 1.6 aud

I'll see if I can hook us up with some more aeroplanes (for americans: "air"planes) to fly into some buildings. That was the best thing for the AUD in my lifetime. Went from 1AUD=0.52USD to 1AUD=.75USD in days! Good times and it still hasn't come down. Most Australians still assume that "2 aussie dollars equal 1 US dollar".

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, Canadian electronics are way overpriced.
We have to pay like $60 for an addition of French Manual that I cannot read.

But still, out tax rate is unbeatable. Even if retail price is dropped to match US$ price, we'd still end up paying more.

Sigh... Oh and to Americans who visit Canada, go buy your beer from a liquor store, the most frequent response to "Do you sell beer?" in a grocery store would be "You from the States?"
I found that really funny. Maybe it's just me
tongue.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
So, the dollar has dropped like a rock, eh? My local moneyz are worth 10% more dollars than a year ago
grog.gif
Time to hit the online stores and buy two of everything before the dollar goes up again.

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
the reason for this is probably usa's economics i mean they are currently the poorest country in the world with -$862,300,000,000.00 http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/eco_cur_acc_bal-

and yes that is a minus

dry.gif
and you canadians who keep complaining About the prices should try coming to norway overhere a new game costs about 108$ and a ipod classic 160gb costs 540$

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
the reason for this is probably usa's economics i mean they are currently the poorest country in the world with -$862,300,000,000.00 http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/eco_cur_acc_bal-

and yes that is a minus

dry.gif
and you canadians who keep complaining About the prices should try coming to norway overhere a new game costs about 108$ and a ipod classic 160gb costs 540$
Canada has one of the highest surpluses in the world. However, how the hell did China THAT much in account book? They have very low taxes.

TsukoyomiMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

and yes that is a minus

dry.gif
Venezuela beats you:
Wii games: 126 dollars
Nds games 120 dollars
Ipod classic 160gb: 900 dollars

EarthBound

a/s/l?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

and yes that is a minus

dry.gif

Venezuela beats you:
Nds games 120 dollars

Thats when you got a real reason to pirate stuff
lecture.gif

TsukoyomiMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

and yes that is a minus

dry.gif

Venezuela beats you:
Nds games 120 dollars

Thats when you got a real reason to pirate stuff
lecture.gif
Amen, just modded my wii.
And bought a very cheap imported Ipod

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

kylertesch

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
deathfisaro is right i would take him on adventures around the world with me and train him to ultimate form via the digimon training center
cry.gif
i am sooo alone..... hahaha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol