1 second teaser for new Bioware game

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards-2011/world-premiere-trailers/xmcja6

welp
[title:Pictures]
111o7ukb.jpg

aojVb.jpg

Shoat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Urgh.
Milked out "Modern Military" setting is milked out.

Never thought that Bioware would make a game that I'll have to avoid like the plague just due to the setting instantly pissing me off.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Urgh.
Milked out "Modern Military" setting is milked out.

Never thought that Bioware would make a game that I'll have to avoid like the plague just due to the setting instantly pissing me off.

It's Bioware, so it's safe to assume this is an RPG.

Please, do name a few RPG's with stories occouring in the "present day"? I mean, other than Earthbound.

The setting has been used repeatadly in shooters, but I can't think of one RPG that'd use it.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I never even imagined someone would make an RPG in this kind of setting. We'll see how it turns out, Bioware is a quality company though, I doubt they'll really fuck it up.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
1300474624648.jpg

Not with this person still in there. Also, Bioware still makes wRPGs? They used to make wRPGs in the past, but all I see in their recent lineup is a linear hallway shooting game and a mediocre JRPG. Then there's the upcoming MMO which looks questionable.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I never even imagined someone would make an RPG in this kind of setting. We'll see how it turns out, Bioware is a quality company though, I doubt they'll really fuck it up.

Sonic Chronicles... *shakes fist*

The_Dark_Brotherhood.jpg

In fairness to the lads, it was shit source material.
Just checked and got a decent (but not Bioware quality) 75 from GameRankings. But yeah, they kind of fucked up there, sorry my mistake.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck you Sonic Chronicles was good, much better than ANY wanky Final Fantasy DS game. Should have been called Sonicles though.

*couch*

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Fuck you Sonic Chronicles was good, much better than ANY wanky Final Fantasy DS game. Should have been called Sonicles though.

*couch*
I'm a massive Sonic the Hedgehog fan, the only games I do not own are games that are JAP-only and ridiculously rare, my room is cluttered with merchandise, and let me tell you this - Chronicles sucked. I didn't like it when it was released and I don't like it still - the models are alright but the gameworld art is just... blerght. The general premise of the story is fine, but the execution is... poor. It takes a whole lot of time to convey that nothing's going on. It hasn't got the epicness of Sonic Adventure or the urgency of Adventure 2. It's just... bland. It's like eating a hamburger that's missing ketchup. You're still gonna like it - it has the burger, pickles - it's good stuff... but there's something missing, and you can't put your finger on it at first.

Not just that - the story is left unfinished and due to low sales no sequel will be released. They could've AT LEAST released a webcomic that wraps it up.

Don't get me wrong - it's not a "horrible, -1 points" game. It's just a "myeh" game for me, and that's not good enough. Sonic is like Peanutbutter and RPG's are like Jelly. How this P&J turned bad is beyond me, it had lots of potential and most of it was wasted.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'll admit Sonic Chronicles wasn't a piece of shit like everyone said it was. Easily BioWare's worst game but certainly not terrible.

And it just looks like things exploding, I'm not gonna throw out judgment on it being "another modern war setting" affair until I see more than a second of it.

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted_171835

Oh wow, people are really this lacking in creativity?
After seeing one image of what appears to be a war zone without any info on the game itself, you immediately take that to mean that Bioware is lacking creativity?

Reactions: 3 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back