-1 New Messages [WTF?]

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by [M]artin, Feb 4, 2007.

1. [M]artin
    OP

[M]artin .

Nov 7, 2006
    United States
    Suckerpunch and I have been sending each other messages, deciding on a method in which to ship our items to each other. I received a new PM from him a few mins ago and read it. After reading it, I returned to the GBATemp.net home page and the notifier in the top right hand corner told me that I have -1 New Messages. I clicked on it to check it out and it turned out that I didn't have any new messages at all. I have a little over 40% remaining in my PM space, so that shouldn't be an issue. The -1 New Messages thingy won't disappear at all now. Here's a screenshot crop for clarification:

[​IMG]

2. Sekkyumu

Sekkyumu GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2005
    France
    France
    Try logging out ?

3. [M]artin
    OP

[M]artin .

Nov 7, 2006
    United States
    Yeah, logged out, closed browser, reopened browser, logged back in, still theres... [​IMG]

4. [M]artin
    OP

[M]artin .

Nov 7, 2006
    United States
    O lucky sh*t! Right after I posted that message up there ( ^*points up*^ ) I clicked on the Home button and it went back to 0. Minor glitch, I guess.

EDIT: Then I checked my messages just for the hell of it, and I have a new message from Suckerpunch. The # New Messages thing didn't even notify me [it didnt tell me I have 1 New Message, it displayed the number 0 as mentioned in this post]. Is my message notification permanently off by 1 now? [​IMG]

DUBBLE EDIT! : Suckerpunch just sent me one more message and the notifier notified me about the new message. [+]1 New Message All is well again, at GBATemp.net

Talk about random, though...

5. bobrules

bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 20, 2006
    Canada
    Toronto
    maybe =it's because of the cookies.

6. phuzzz

phuzzz Hooha!

Former Staff
    Nov 9, 2002
    United States
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I've had that problem before. It's fixed by getting a new message. Happens sometimes.

7. Verocity

Verocity Ö!

Nov 26, 2006
    United States
    Georgia
    Cool browser skin btw is that opera?

8. [M]artin
    OP

[M]artin .

Nov 7, 2006
    United States
    Naw, it's Firefox with a SMB3 browser skin plugin.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice