1 day in on wii soft mod, need help usb loader gx

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by PatrickBatman, Jun 6, 2014.

1. PatrickBatman
    OP

PatrickBatman Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2014
    United States
    Ok i just got a wii, a white one old from 2006 with system menu 4.3U. I used letterbomb and got homebrew channel (and hackmii on boot2) on it just fine. I wasnt sure which cIOS method to use so I used the CIOS slot 249 and 250 following this tutorial: https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation

My wii doesnt have wifi access but i do have internet on my laptop (non wifi). In the tutorial i get to the part where I install on slot 250 (cIOS D2X Installer part) it says 250 is stubbed and is purple. I install on it anyway it turns green and is successful. (249 was also successful and wasnt a stub. Also im using beta53alt not beta52).

Anyway now im having problems detecting usb drive and game. I've tried wiiflow as well. I've tried wbfs formatted drive with wbfs game extension, FAT32 format with wbfs game extension, both usb drives.

Anyway im wondering if the stub 250 is to blame and i need to do something about it in like DOP-mii (or just install on any other slot thats not stubbed, instead of 250) or if i'm not doing the usbloader part correctly. Like i said total noob to wii, im used to playstation modding.

(I also just did a syscheck, it's attached, don't how what your spoiler code is here or if you have it activated)

PS apologies if this is in the wrong place

Attached Files:

2. PatrickBatman
    OP

PatrickBatman Member

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2014
    United States
    Nevermind figured it out, mainly Ineed to use Cfgusb loader the other 2 loaders i tried wouldnt detect my usbdrive, amazingly cfgusb loader detected it and the games on it and ran the games first try, stupid.