Gaming 1 CPU core hotter than the other core by alot....not right?

BumFace

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
recently tested my temps with Speedfan and i got this:

GPU: 57C
Temp1: 48C
Temp2: 36c
Temp3: -127C (wtf?)
HD0: 32C
Core: 24C
Core: 56C (thats the problem)
Ambient: 0C
Fan1: 3140 RPM

i noticed one core is really hot, more than 2x hot, that doesn't sound normal, any reason why is this?

oh, and my heatsink is an OEM one with the processor

and i'm a noob at electronics =/ the heatsink fan has no screws so i don't know how to get it off, i really don't want to remove the whole heatsink, i'm too...scared to break the pc
ohnoes.png

10384-amd-heatsink1.jpg

this is the heatsink, how on earth do i get the fan off? Since i want to clean it without taking the whole heatsink off do i need to pry it? since there aren't any screws

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No idea as i'm not familar with the processor, but I imagine you pull the blue lever. On the opposite side of the heatsink there's lijely to be a small notch un the CPU socket the heaksink attaches too, push the metal bar through from the blue lever side.

I have a 6C difference on my cores, and that bothers me. But in my case, i'm guessing it's becasue I used a 6year of tube of thermal paste I had lying around.

Looks like your fan is on full speed to cool the hot core, which is making the temperture on the other core cooler than it would normally be.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Btw, the stock heatsink is okay (though not perfect) it's quite an easy system with a lever to remove or install it (from the looks of it it's an AMD Athlon II heatsink?). So aside from it not being needed, it is quite easy to remove and replace it (just make sure to always put new cooling paste on there and never force it on, light pressure on the lever should be all that's needed).

D

Deleted User

Personally, I would try it with CPUID Hardware monitor. SpeedFan always has weird results for me too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1