Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
gallery_123159_43_109.jpg

Call of Duties community czar Robert Bowling revealed via twitter that over 1,600 cheaters have already been banned from online play in MW3. He is quoted as saying "any attempt to cheat, hack, or glitch in will not be tolerated."

Regarding the length and severity of any bans issued he said they are determined based on the level of "douchiness" from the cheater. And although some bans are not permanent, in serious cases some are.

"Reporting [cheaters] in-game through [Modern Warfare 3] goes directly to our security team, who issues the bans directly after verifying," Bowling noted. "Every ban unique to the level of douchiness of the offense. The greater the douche, the greater the length. PermaDouche possible."

So if you see any cheating in game be sure to report it, the reports do not fall on deaf ears.

icon11.gif
Source

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it's rather obnoxious to ban people who are simply exploiting a bug in the game. Just patch your mistake and get over it. Activision released the product with the poor coding, don't blame the user for their mistake.
If they were modding the game or using 3rd party tools to cheat then fine, but these guys are just using what came on the disc.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
I am glad that cheaters are getting banned. I can understand the desire to cheat offline, but online, its not fair. Play by the rules or get banned. Its simple.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I think it's rather obnoxious to ban people who are simply exploiting a bug in the game. Just patch your mistake and get over it. Activision released the product with the poor coding, don't blame the user for their mistake.
If they were modding the game or using 3rd party tools to cheat then fine, but these guys are just using what came on the disc.
If some guys rob a store and it's possible because the lock on the door has a mechanical flaw, the robbers shouldn't get punished?

Grow up. It's about intent and consequence of actions.

If they were banned for abusing bugs, then they were doing it in such a way to gain an unfair advantage. They were doing it with a purpose, they knew what they were doing, and them doing it caused the degradation of service for other players. In an MMO, this is pretty much always grounds for immediate punishment.

Reactions: 7 people

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
If some guys rob a store and it's possible because the lock on the door has a mechanical flaw, the robbers shouldn't get punished?

Grow up. It's about intent and consequence of actions.

If they were banned for abusing bugs, then they were doing it in such a way to gain an unfair advantage. They were doing it with a purpose, they knew what they were doing, and them doing it caused the degradation of service for other players. In an MMO, this is pretty much always grounds for immediate punishment.

Yeah cos breaking and entering and stealing are the same as unfairly killing people in a video game...

S

squall_leonhart

lol if only people could get banned in offline games.. like people using an infinite money code, or health code. if they would of had kept client info on server side they could not cheat in games, keeping profile data on a console/pc itself is asking for the data to be exploited.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Soldiers