Hacking 1.5.1 bugs?

kineticUk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone else check these out on their acekards...I'm on 1.5.1 using an RPG.

1. Still showing version 1.5 if you go to start menu then help.
2. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=199879 Are we supposed to see release notes? I know plugins have been removed but thought I remember reading .txt files and release notes (enabled in the wifi update section) could be viewed from akaio.
3. Date/time I still have some issues..
The timestamp seems correct now but date is wrong (showing year 1980 and wrong month day on 01/01/2009 gmt). I created a new .sav then checked its properties from AKAIO 1.5.1 after updating. Could this be RPG only error as this issues been fixed according to the release notes for version 1.5.1? If so wonder could the RPG dldi files have anything to do with this?
Baffled..
Looking at the new files created using the wifi update I noticed there was no created date on them at all, its blank when viewing date created/modified from windows explorer.
4. Japanese internal names on some roms (Meteos, Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure, Theme Park European Releases)?
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=201031
5. Changing the language in the system menu doesn't stick unless I change it seperate to any other options.. I'll explain.
If I change the skin, show file option and the language then the other options are saved but the language isn't. If I then go back to the menu and change the language without touching anything else, it is saved and the language changes.
I know these are nothing bugs but I hope nobody minds me reporting them here.
6. The "Y" button does not show a files properties after you copy (and paste?) a file using AKAIO. "Y" button stops working until you restart the DS after which it can be used to show a files properties again.
7. I get the odd file created (.sav etc) that has old style DOS formatting on the filename. (Eg With KorgDS10.nds akaio creates KORGDS10.SAV or KORGDS10.BAK). Akiao normally makes the files formatting/standard match so KorgDS10.sav or KorgDS10.bak.

Thanks

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my timestamp doesnt show up only
frown.gif
its blank

kineticUk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rockstar said:
frown.gif
its blank
Thanks Rockstar and Yuan
Have you tried checking the timestamp on a new .sav (viewing it from AKAIO properties?)

Just trying to figure this out, cause I know the replacement loaders, savelist.bin, cheatfile which I updated with wifi after putting 1.5.1 on my RPG had no timestamp / date created at all. This was when viewing properties from windows explorer.
However the .sav I made did seem to have the corrected time but incorrect date and year when I checked its properties from AKAIO after creating it.
Seperate problems?

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
kineticUK said:
Rockstar said:
frown.gif
its blank
Thanks Rockstar and Yuan
Have you tried checking the timestamp on a new .sav (viewing it from AKAIO properties?)

Just trying to figure this out, cause I know the replacement loaders, savelist.bin, cheatfile which I updated with wifi after putting 1.5.1 on my RPG had no timestamp / date created at all. This was when viewing properties from windows explorer.
However the .sav I made did seem to have the corrected time but incorrect date and year when I checked its properties from AKAIO after creating it.
Seperate problems?

Viewing it from AKAIO Properties:

Last Change: 1980/2/1 lol

kineticUk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yuan said:
Viewing it from AKAIO Properties:

Last Change: 1980/2/1 lol
Cheers Yuan...yeah exactly what I got when I checked, so its the same on AK2i and RPG.
Strange. I'll have to see if this date shows when viewing the properties of the .sav file from explorer.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That seems rather interesting. Should I update to 1.5.1 then, or should I wait? Zelda works perfectly fine with me, so should I wait it out? Thanks for the help.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Slyakin said:
That seems rather interesting. Should I update to 1.5.1 then, or should I wait? Zelda works perfectly fine with me, so should I wait it out? Thanks for the help.

Well, I don't know if new loaders will support the 1.5 version.

kineticUk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yuan said:
No timestamp at all
Cheers for checking this out Yuan. Thats strange. So there is no timestamp when files viewed from windows, and incorrect datestamp inside AKAIO?
Is the time on .sav correct (viewed from akaio properties)?
QUOTE(Edhel @ Jan 1 2010, 04:04 PM) Getting no time stamp here either. Not really an issue for me, and I'd never have noticed it myself.
No its not a critical bug nor are any I'm reporting here, but as its something mentioned in the release notes and technically a bug of some sort I'm trying to find out more so I can report back to akaio creators.
I have not had major problems with 1.5.1 or 1.5 otherwise so if its not bothering you, game on.

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
kineticUK said:
Yuan said:
No timestamp at all
Cheers for checking this out Yuan. Thats strange. So there is no timestamp when files viewed from windows, and incorrect datestamp inside AKAIO?
Is the time on .sav correct (viewed from akaio properties)?

Well, I've created a new save. It shows the right time (but not GMT as stated, just DS hour).

kineticUk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yuan said:
Well, I've created a new save. It shows the right time (but not GMT as stated, just DS hour).
Thanks Yuan. So its getting DS time but no DS date. And there is no timestamp at all when viewing file properties in windows..
I don't think this happened previously, viewed in windows files created had a date/timestamp I'm sure. Even the files like wfplugin, akloader, cheat.dat are not having date created/timestamps recorded (I used the wifi update in akaio then checked the files from windows and they were all blank properties).

Looking at the release notes again, it mentions that akaio properties should "pull" the info from a file and display it correctly inside akaio properties.. so if I create a file on windows with the correct date/timestamp akaio should read it fine. The problem seems to be any changes (no date created/modified no timestamp) from inside akaio.
I'll have to check this out, maybe the properties dialog has a fix with 1.5.1 and its just akaio's created and modified date/time with the problem.

kineticUk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
florian said:
No update loader in wifi mode on this 1.51 ?
The included loader is latest right now... but wifi update should allow you to download cheat.dat or savelist.bin for example..least I was able to as normal. But the updated file will show no created/modifed date afterwards if you check from windows explorer. Once modified by akaio thats what happens to the file info.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)